Gas Bandit's Political Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

GasBandit

Staff member
Fun Size said:
GasBandit said:
Yesterday, New York auto dealers said \"NO\" to the cash-for-clunkers plan. Now dealers in New Mexico are backing out too. They're owed more than $3.6 million in New Mexico ... and so far the Federal Government has written only three checks totalling $14,000. So ... what to do? The federal government will just 86 the program next week.
Isn't Monday when it was scheduled to end anyway? Is the fact that the checks are going out slowly somehow relevant to the other point?
I'd not heard when the officially planned end date was. Do you have an old link showing they'd always intended to end it on the 24th?

GasBandit said:
Fun Size said:
GasBandit said:
Yesterday, New York auto dealers said \"NO\" to the cash-for-clunkers plan. Now dealers in New Mexico are backing out too. They're owed more than $3.6 million in New Mexico ... and so far the Federal Government has written only three checks totalling $14,000. So ... what to do? The federal government will just 86 the program next week.
Isn't Monday when it was scheduled to end anyway? Is the fact that the checks are going out slowly somehow relevant to the other point?
I'd not heard when the officially planned end date was. Do you have an old link showing they'd always intended to end it on the 24th?
I take it back. According to the official website:

Program runs through Nov 1, 2009 or when the funds are exhausted, whichever comes first

Fun Size said:
GasBandit said:
\"Fun Size\":2nn0p4eo said:
GasBandit said:
I take it back. According to the official website:

Program runs through Nov 1, 2009 or when the funds are exhausted, whichever comes first
[/quote:2nn0p4eo]

No, you were right. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090820/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_cash_for_clunkers

They are ending it early.

GasBandit

Staff member
GB's Political Thread - 08/24/09

Going to start a "day of" format, since politics now has its own subforum. This will keep discussion from one day rolling over into another day's links.

A good way to start off your week ... a Marine Corps veteran named David William Hedrick has his way with Congressman Brian Baird, the one who called healthcare protestors "brownshirts."

Did you hear about the end-of-life guide for Veterans that was brought back by the Obama administration? Arlen Specter has called for hearings on the matter.

For the first time in a generation, there will be no cost of living adjustment for social security checks ... which in essence means that they will shrink in value.

The Obama administration will raise its 10-year budget deficit projection to $9 trillion. It was previously projected to be $7 trillion. Your grandchildren will thank you.

Democrats are trying to consider all of their options for passing this healthcare bill without Republican support.

A GOP Congressman says that Obama's healthcare plan is a "threat to our democracy." Anyone want to point out the fact that we are not a democracy?

Joe Lieberman suggested that the Democrats should put off parts of their healthcare reform until after our economy recovers from the recession.

As cash for clunkers comes to a close, we are finding that the program actually ended up benefiting foreign automakers more than domestic automakers.

Now we have Obamacare versus Whole Foods-style healthcare.

Rep. Maxine Waters says that Barack Obama needs to stop being such a nice guy and give up trying to compromise with Republicans on healthcare.

The White House is less than pleased that New York Governor David Patterson decided to drag Barack Obama into a little tirade over racism.

Urban schools in Virginia are spending $50,000 of taxpayer money to convince parents who send their children to private schools to give government schools a second shot.

Yeah, he did a pretty good job, went a little into hyperbole but he was making a point and responding some pretty harsh stuff.

Democrats are trying to consider all of their options for passing this healthcare bill without Republican support.

Rep. Maxine Waters says that Barack Obama needs to stop being such a nice guy and give up trying to compromise with Republicans on healthcare.
Good. It's hard to work with people who say no to everything proposed no matter how much you give them. Besides, it's impossible to take a group seriously when they tray saying things like 'We should have 75 to 80 vote requirement for the Healthcare bill' when a simple majority is all that is required.

Every time I see someone making crap up about 'Death Panels' or how a public option will remove choice in doctors or procedures, I get truly angry that the people who are supposed to lead and be responsible for our nations future are so adamantly and willfully obtuse.

GasBandit

Staff member
Good. It's hard to work with people who say no to everything proposed no matter how much you give them.
Are you talking about 2009 republicans, or democrats in 2003-2007?

Besides, it's impossible to take a group seriously when they tray saying things like 'We should have 75 to 80 vote requirement for the Healthcare bill' when a simple majority is all that is required.
I'd be interested in finding out who said that, I hadn't heard it. Most of the fuss I had heard about was about preventing democrats from couching the bill as a "budget" matter so that they could use the reconciliation clause and pass it with only 50 votes (as in, prohibiting filibuster).

Every time I see someone making crap up about 'Death Panels' or how a public option will remove choice in doctors or procedures, I get truly angry that the people who are supposed to lead and be responsible for our nations future are so adamantly and willfully obtuse.
Maybe not death panels, but what about VA-doctor-issued books counseling veterans to think about shuffling off the mortal coil?

The public option can't help but remove choice. There are hundreds and hundreds upon hundreds of insurance companies. To use Obama's ill-conceived example, mail delivery's "public option" has less than 5 competitors, only 2 of which can really be called successful (Alas, poor DHL). Government funded health insurance that can run in the financial red perpetually can only DECREASE competition by running private companies (which have to at least break even to exist) out of business.

And we're supposedly adding dozens of millions people, yet DECREASING cost? In what dimension can you do that? Not to mention that the plan would actually only insure about half the uninsured, while ruining the insurance of everybody who already has it.

Not to mention that Obama and the democrats are absolutely silent on the REAL issue driving up the cost of medical care, and therefore medical insurance - malpractice law. There can be no meaningful medical cost reform without meaningful tort reform... but the democrats are too beholden to the trial lawyer lobby to dare even look in that direction.

GasBandit

Staff member
GB's Political Thread - 08/25/09

Milton Friedman tells it like it is -
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWsx1X8PV_A"]YouTube - Milton Friedman - Greed[/ame]

Barack Obama has decided that the task of interrogating terrorists and terrorist suspects should be left up to the White House, rather than the CIA. Obama has created an "elite team" of interrogators that will question suspects. Is anyone keeping a scorecard here? First we learn that the White House is going to seize control of the 2010 Census. We know that this is so the census can be politicized and the numbers of people prone to vote Democrat can be inflated. Now we learn that the Obama White House is going to have its own Presidential Unit for Safe Suspect Interrogation. Interesting acronym there.

Maryland Democrat Senator Benjamin L. Cardin is positively giddy with excitement. He recently called cap-and-tax "the most significant revenue-generating proposal of our time." Revenue producing? And here stupid me thought this was about the economy. Or the environment. Or something.

Did you know that the Republicans have offered three alternative healthcare reform bills?

Thomas Sowell writes: "The idea that government officials can play God from Washington is not a new idea, but it is an idea that is being pushed with new audacity."

Political correctness gone mad ... organizations in Europe are banning common words and phrases that could be considered "racist."

Only 17 of the 58 Democratic senators had the gonads to hold townhall meetings on healthcare in their home districts.

Who was asked to help process cash for clunkers rebates? How about employees of the FAA's air-traffic-control unit.

Hugo Chavez has taken government school indoctrination to a whole new level.

Has Jeanine Garofalo truly lost it? Here are some of her latest thoughts on the tea party protestors. Racist racists and their racism.

Now that the cash for clunkers program is over ... auto dealers are preparing for the 'hangover.'

How many billions does Africa want to be given by the achievers in order to battle against global warming?

What do young Obama supporters have to say about the debate on healthcare? Nothing. That's the point.

Here's a specific example from the NHS on how patients with muscular dystrophy are being treated under government healthcare.

Part 1.

Uh huh.

Part 2. Grassley, Hatch, and Enzi have all said that the bill should have 75 to 80 votes (I'm not doing your work for you anymore. Look it up yourself).

Part 3. Yeah, the VA "Deathbook" thing is not true. Cute though. That has been debunked for quite a while.

Yes, the cost will decrease. It's called preventative care. When people go the doctor and get regular check ups, they are less likely to develop later stage diseases, which are the primary use of hospital stays and require more resources.

I agree that better malpractice law needs to be implemented to drive down insurance cost. I think your reasoning in it not being included is awful one sided though. It isn't the main cost as you imply.

Why the hell are most preventive care part of insurance anyway? surely things like checkups and basic procedures should be low enough to pay out of pocket.

Why the hell are most preventive care part of insurance anyway? surely things like checkups and basic procedures should be low enough to pay out of pocket.
Then why aren't more people going in to have it done? It's around $60 dollars here for a physical check-up. That's a lot of money to someone living at or below the official poverty level (last number I saw was 33 million Americans, poverty level being $16,600 a year for a family of 4).

GasBandit

Staff member
Part 1.

Uh huh.
How is this relevant?

Part 2. Grassley, Hatch, and Enzi have all said that the bill should have 75 to 80 votes (I'm not doing your work for you anymore. Look it up yourself).
You'd not be "doing my work," you'd be backing up your own assertions.

Part 3. Yeah, the VA \"Deathbook\" thing is not true. Cute though. That has been debunked for quite a while.
It's charming how often leftists often jump to the "that's been debunked" claim despite there never actually having been a debunking. Here's a PDF of the book in question, "Your life, your choices" by obama's Grand Health Poobah, Rob Pearlman

Yes, the cost will decrease. It's called preventative care. When people go the doctor and get regular check ups, they are less likely to develop later stage diseases, which are the primary use of hospital stays and require more resources.
Which will be negated umpteen times over by making it illegal to discriminate against pre-existing conditions. That's like buying car insurance after the wreck and immediately making a claim.

I agree that better malpractice law needs to be implemented to drive down insurance cost. I think your reasoning in it not being included is awful one sided though. It isn't the main cost as you imply.
It'd do a hell of a lot more to save money than preventative care. Current malpractice insurance requirements have driven doctors out of business.

Then why aren't more people going in to have it done? It's around $60 dollars here for a physical check-up. That's a lot of money to someone living at or below the official poverty level (last number I saw was 33 million Americans, poverty level being $16,600 a year for a family of 4).
It's interesting that America's "poor" are actually better off than the average western european, and here we are trying to force everything DOWN to that level. If you want to know why they aren't going, it's because they're stupid. You ever stood in line at the grocery store behind someone talking on their iPhone while paying with food stamps? How many of these poor people can't afford health insurance yet have HDTV cable, internet, the latest cellular doohickey and the latest, hottest styles to come out of fubu?

Maybe they're on to something though, since the government's on a bailout tear this last year. Maybe the truly stupid ones were those of us who made a budget, stuck to it, and lived within our means. Boy, what suckers we were.

I love how people who have never been poor are so quick to say how wonderful our poor have it. Classy.

Oh, and why the hell should I waste time posting all the links refuting your outlandish, unfounded Fox news claims when you'll just ignore it anyways? I'm not doing it for you. Either find it yourself or have fun continuing to live in your fact deficient world.

Since we have our own political area, I think I'm going to avoid your threads from now on. Your assertions are intentionally obtuse and unthoughtful. I can get the exact same commentary reading the editorial page of the WSJ.

GasBandit

Staff member
I love how people who have never been poor are so quick to say how wonderful our poor have it. Classy.
What makes you think I've never been poor? When I got out of college and moved into my own place (well, roomed with a friend in a 2 bedroom apartment) I was making $7.50 an hour. I was at that job over 2 years. My wage when I left was $9.25.

I love how people jump to conclusions (and still don't back up their arguments).

By the way, when I was in college I didn't have health insurance either. By choice. But I would have shown up as one of those statistics democrats keep quoting to reinforce the image of their phony health care crisis.

GasBandit

Staff member
GB's Political Thread - 08/26/09

The Heritage Foundation has done some research into Obama's spending habits. Here are just a few of the highlights .. things that your children can thank Barack Obama for someday, and things that you can thank those drivers with the Obama bumper stickers for today:
- The 22 percent spending increase projected for 2009 represents the largest government expansion since the 1952 height of the Korean War (adjusted for inflation). Federal spending is up 57 percent since 2001.
- While the costs of the financial bailouts and economic stimulus bills are staggering, they are only a fraction of the coming costs from Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid. Over the next decade, the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) projects that each year Medicaid will expand by 7 percent, Medicare by 6 percent, and Social Security by 5 percent. These programs face a 75-year shortfall of $43 trillion--60 times greater than the gross cost of the $700 billion TARP financial bailout.
- President Obama claims that "we have already identified $2 trillion in savings over the next decade." This is not true. The President first creates a fantasy baseline that assumes the Iraq surge continues forever (which was never U.S. policy) and then "saves" $1.5 trillion against that baseline by ending the surge as scheduled. It is like a family "saving" $10,000 by first assuming an expensive vacation and then not taking it. Another $1 trillion in "savings" is actually tax increases (in other words, savings for government, not taxpayers).
- Federal spending per household (adjusted for inflation) remained constant at $21,000 throughout the 1980s and 1990s, before President Bush hiked it to $25,000. In 2009, Washington will spend $30,958 per household--the highest level in American history--and under President Obama's budget, the figure will rise above $33,000 by 2019.
- While President Obama claims to have inherited the 2009 budget deficit, it is important to note that the estimated 2009 budget deficit has increased by $400 billion since his inauguration, and the whole point of the "stimulus" was to increase deficit spending to nearly $2 trillion based on the unproven notion that would it alleviate the recession. This suggests that even if the President had not inherited a big deficit, he would have created one as a matter of anti-recessionary policy.
- The public national debt--$5.8 trillion as of 2008--is projected to double by 2012 and nearly triple by 2019. Thus, America would accumulate more government debt under President Obama than under every President in American history from George Washington to George W. Bush combined.
- The White House brags that it will cut the deficit in half by 2013. The President does not mention that the deficit has nearly quadrupled this year. Merely cutting it half from that bloated level would still leave budget deficits twice as high as under President Bush...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not that the constitution really means anything in Argentina any more ... after all, President Cristina Fernandez Kirchner recently seized all private pension plans ... but I've read that Constitution of Argentina contains this little gem:
The private actions of men which in no way offend public order or morality, nor injure a third party, are only reserved to God and are exempted from the authority of judges. No inhabitant of the Nation shall be obliged to perform what the law does not demand nor deprived of what it does not prohibit."
So ... under this constitutional clause, the Supreme Court of Argentina has unanimously ruled to decriminalize the possession of drugs for purely personal consumption.
Do you have any idea how much we spend in this country every year enforcing our asinine drug prohibitions?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The liberals have had their thongs in a wad for weeks over this column by Whole Foods CEO John Mackey. For those of you who missed it, Mackey wrote a column for the Wall Street Journal on August 11th that explained his free market plan for healthcare reform. Ever since then, liberals have been in a war against Mackey for daring to go against Barack Obama or stand against the political leanings of so many of his customers!

Well now the unions have gotten involved. The CtW Investment Group, a part of the Change to Win federation of unions that advocates on behalf of workers' investments in pension funds, is calling for Mackey's resignation. The union says that Mackey is undermining President Obama's healthcare reform.

CtW Investment Group's Executive Director Bill Patterson says, "Mr. Mackey attempted to capitalize on the brand reputation of Whole Foods to champion his personal political views, but has instead deeply offended a key segment of Whole Foods consumer base." Oh my God! NO! Tell me it's not true! Someone has been OFFENDED!

Or, could it be...

Included in one of the House versions of the healthcare reform bill is a little gift to the unions. One provision includes $10 billion to pay off medical costs of union members and retirees.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of... Take a wag as to who has been named one of the most powerful people in healthcare. I'll give you a hint ... it is a union boss.

Russ Feingold says that there won't be a healthcare bill before Christmas.

Here's an explanation as to how the cash for clunkers program failed the American taxpayers.

Tort reform is the key to healthcare reform.

Great Britain has to bring in doctors from overseas, because government contracts with British doctors result in 90% of them choosing not to work nights or weekends. Coming soon to America.

"A political class, and a media elite, that glamorized the protest against the Iraq war, that branded the Bush presidency as a reign of usurpation, now wishes to be done with the tumult of political debate. President Barack Obama himself, the community organizer par excellence, is full of lament that the "loudest voices" are running away with the national debate. Liberalism in righteous opposition, liberalism in power: The rules have changed."

The super rich are no longer getting richer ... and this is not a good thing (despite what you wealth envy-types may believe).

The people fighting against Barack Obama's progressive agenda are nothing but racist right-wingers!

The Obama administration says that the recession was longer and deeper than expected. Gee, you mean all of this government spending hasn't helped things?

What is the difference between Obama healthcare "myths" and Obama healthcare myths?

How to irritate President Obama.

Only government would send stimulus checks to prison inmates.

This is what you get from a government "eduction."

There is one industry that is really booming right now: the Sugar Daddy industry.

One final note - Ted Kennedy has passed away.

GasBandit

Staff member

Oh gas, you crack me up. You're the reason I started coming here. Grade A comedy gold.
when you were working that minimum wage job did you have a child to support or were you fresh out of college and eager to find employment in a good and stable economy?

your situation right out of college is fairly typical of new grads, it is however not typical of people on welfare.
Maybe people should realize that decisions have consequences, and, oh, I don't know, WAIT TO HAVE A CHILD UNTIL THEY CAN SUPPORT IT? And don't tell me it happens by accident, it's entirely fixable.

GB's Political Thread - 08/26/09

The private actions of men which in no way offend public order or morality, nor injure a third party, are only reserved to God and are exempted from the authority of judges. No inhabitant of the Nation shall be obliged to perform what the law does not demand nor deprived of what it does not prohibit.
we used to have something like that in our own constitution.

Amendment IX

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Amendment X

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

Seriously, saying we need X Entitlement Program because people can't keep it in their pants is hardly going to win you any sympathy.
I believe we should help those who are in need, but I am not going to feel sorry for the person who can't be bothered to either zip it the hell up or wear a condom. Don't want to deal with the consequences of sex or aren't ready for them? Maybe a little self-restraint isn't a terrible idea... ;)

GasBandit

Staff member

You misunderstand me. I was simply saying Gasbandit has never been poor if his only example of poverty is working a shitty job right out of college.
Oh you're absolutely right. Back then, I was driving solid gold cadillacs and folding origami hats out of benjamins. I certainly never had to budget my money or go without things I wanted.

All I'm saying is that there is a huge amount of bullshit that comes out of your mouth and saying that you were poor straight out of college is complete bullshit.

don't add more bullshit by saying you didn't have a gold cadillacl because that is just putrid filth to add to bullshit.
So...what the hell is your definition of poor? Because if a person having no money and a shitty level of income is not poor I fail to see how anyone can live up to your standards.

[edit] or would that be down to your standards? eh, doesn't matter.

GasBandit

Staff member
Cop: You can't carry that sign. This ain't america no more.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIKPKjl0-pg"]YouTube - Officer Does Not Like anti-Obama Poster: "It ain't [America] no more, OK?"[/ame]

Senator Ted Kennedy attempted to undermine his own country by colluding with soviets for his own political gain.

There is a movement happening in the UK right now - British insurance companies are considering the idea of raising insurance premiums for anyone who uses social networking sites like facebook or twitter.

Every year unions have to submit financial reports to the government as required by the Labor Management and Reporting Disclosure Act. But for years under the Bush administration, unions complained that Labor Secretary at the time, Elaine Chao, issued even tougher regulations for labor unions to comply with. These regulations "required union officials to disclose financial information that could aid union members' seeking information on how their union leaders are spending dues money, and to help expose 'no show jobs' that put paychecks for ghost employees into union coffers."But now that the Obama administration is in place, new Labor Secretary Hilda Solis has said sayonara to these revised union financial disclosure requirements. Unions will no longer have to comply. A notice went out about a week ago stating the following:
"Accordingly, OLMS will refrain from initiating enforcement actions against union officers and union employees based solely on the failure to file the report required by section 202 of the Labor-Management and Reporting Disclosure Act (LMRDA), 29 U.S.C. § 432, using the 2007 form, as long as individuals meet their statutorily-required filing obligation in some manner. OLMS will accept either the old Form LM-30 or the new one for purposes of this non-enforcement policy."
In other words, just another "thank you" from the Obama administration. It would seem that now the union leaders are free to spend union dues on whatever they durned well please, and to keep those ghost union workers out there fattening union boss wallets.

Barack Obama = Huey Long?

Bill Clinton says that the congress must "reform" health care - that means seize 18 percent of our economy - because it would be good for Democrats.

Barney Frank and Ron Paul have teamed up on legislation to restrict the lending powers of the Federal Reserve and to do a complete audit of the central bank.

More brain-damaging politically correct BS in American schools.

Did you know that Chris Dodd won't reveal the details of his trillion dollar healthcare bill .. even to his fellow Senators? Talk about transparency.

According to the latest Rasmussen polls, 57% of Americans would like to replace the entire Congress.

Speaking of Congress ... here's one that could stand to be replaced: Rep. Diane Watson, who says Republicans "are spreading fear and they're trying to see that the first president who looks like me -- fails."

Obama may have to break his tax pledge in order to pay for his dreams and schemes. Gee, there's a shocker.

Dick Morris attempts to explain why Barack Obama would go after CIA interrogators. Easy ... to appease the moonbats.

Why are we to believe that White House control of the Internet would increase cyber security?

Maybe some GOP members are starting to get it. Some Republican lawmakers are holding townhall meetings of their own on healthcare, capitalizing on the momentum.

Now we learn that the Lockerbie bomber was set free by Great Britain ... for oil?

Harry Reid tried to bully his local newspaper saying he wanted to shut down the paper.

Michael Barone explains the incompetence of teachers unions and the inability of liberal journalists to understand.

You know it's bad when Dianne Feinstein and John McCain can agree on something.

Rep. Diane Watson says that Fidel Castro is one of the brightest leaders she has ever met and praises the Cuban healthcare system.

State officials are examining whether taxpayer money has been improperly used to pay for Islamic mosques on charter school campuses in Minnesota.

Florida Governor Charlie Crist has chosen a Senate replacement for Mel Martinez.

So much for those energy saving light bulbs .......

A

Armadillo

My definition of poor has absolutely nothing to do with being denied a gold Cadillac.
Again, what is "poor" if it's not "I have no money?"

From Webster's:

1. having little or no money, goods, or other means of support.

Most people are in favor of helping their fellow man (the right tends to favor private charities and just being a good person out of the kindness of your heart, while the left tends to favor governmental action), but there has to be some sort of action towards improving your station in life, or at the very least not actively DEGRADING your situation (such as having kid #3 when you already can't support kids #1 and #2) for peoples' hearts to go out to you.

When you say something like "You don't know what it's like to have a minimum wage job and two kids to feed," my answer is "You're right. I made decisions that would prevent that situation from occurring, and I refuse to feel bad about it." Saying that people should take personal responsibility for their lives isn't evil or greedy or insensitive; it's called having an adult perspective.

GasBandit

Staff member
Father, you aren't helping anybody.

The White House is trying to defend Barack Obama's lack of visibility on the healthcare debate.

The next president of the AFL-CIO says that politicians are going to pay a price if they abandon a government option for healthcare.

President Obama is a big fan of the idea of "czars." But is this even constitutional?

Considering their inability to pass healthcare reform, Democrats are delaying debate cap-and-trade legislation.

Published sources say that George Will's next column will call for U.S. ground troops to leave Afghanistan.

The next mortgage crisis: commercial real estate.

Al Gore reminds us that we have a "moral duty" to pass healthcare legislation. This year.

Inmates in the UK have a better diet than patients in government hospitals. (Disclaimer - Daily Mail story)

The Heritage Foundation explains why job creation is more important that job losses ... and why the Democrats are not interested in fostering entrepreneurial drive.

Are you one of many Americans interested in the idea of term limits? Here are some thoughts to chew on about lessons we can learn from the term limit movement.

Code Pink is proud of the recent town hall activity on healthcare reform.

Government schools have formed their new approach to preventing swine flu: no touching.

GasBandit

Staff member
High taxes leads to British brain drain.

Listen to this union organizer explain how to properly disrupt townhall meetings.

Apparently, according to the washington post, "enhanced interrogation" works.

Is the law finally going to catch up with Charlie Rangel?

Obama cannot fund his healthcare reform with a surtax on the top 1% of earners.

Obama has decided that he is going to roll back federal pay raises. Well, I suppose he's not all bad, hm?

Here are some ideas from Investor's Business Daily on how we can cut healthcare costs without rationing ... by putting patients back in charge of their healthcare.

The European Union really wants the United States to commit to global reductions in carbon emissions.

If the Democrats want to pass their cap-and-tax bill, it looks like they are going to have to figure out things amongst their own party first.

Massachusetts businesses that once benefited from Ted Kennedy's position in Congress are now worried that they are going to lose their perks.

Is America headed down a self destructive path guided by none other than the ideas of the former Soviet Union? Just take a look at the tactics of Soviet psychological warfare.

The federal government may have something to say about ... your garage sale.

A final little blurb, making the e-mail rounds these days -

The U.S. Postal Service was established in 1775 - they've had 234 years to get it right; it is broke, and even though heavily subsidized, it can't compete with private sector FedEx and UPS services.

Social Security was established in 1935 - they've had 74 years to get it right; it is broke.

Fannie Mae was established in 1938 - they've had 71 years to get it right; it is broke. Freddie Mac was established in 1970 - they've had 39 years to get it right; it is broke. Together Fannie and Freddie have now led the entire world into the worst economic collapse in 80 years.

The War on Poverty was started in 1964 - they've had 45 years to get it right; $1 trillion of our hard earned money is confiscated each year and transferred to "the poor"; it hasn't worked.

Medicare and Medicaid were established in 1965 - they've had 44 years to get it right; they are both broke; and now our government dares to mention them as models for all US health care.

AMTRAK was established in 1970 - they've had 39 years to get it right; last year they bailed it out as it continues to run at a loss!

This year, a trillion dollars was committed in the massive political payoff called the Stimulus Bill of 2009; it shows NO sign of working; it's been used to increase the size of governments across America, and raise government salaries while the rest of us suffer from economic hardships. It has yet to create a single new private sector job. Our national debt projections (approaching $10 trillion) have increased 400% in the last six months.

"Cash for Clunkers" was established in 2009 and went broke in 2009 - - after 80% of the cars purchased turned out to be produced by foreign companies, and dealers nationwide are buried under bureaucratic paperwork demanded by a government that is not yet paying them what was promised.

So with a perfect 100% failure rate and a record that proves that each and every "service" shoved down our throats by an over-reaching government turns into disaster, how could any informed American trust our government to run or even set policies for America's health care system - - 17% of our economy?

Silly Gas, the USPS is a broken piece of shit because of e-mail. It certainly has nothing to do with the unreliability of their service when compared to the enterprises of UPS and FedEX. Yep their inability to sucessfully transport letters from NY to NC in under a month if at all is entirely to do with the fact that e-mail is faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.