Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

I often don’t know where to put my health stuff. It adds up over time and I just put it wherever I feel like it’s bothering me that day. If it’s just a minor irritation, then it’s “Whine like a baby” etc.

I have another charming one today with my family doctor. His office called and I’ve been called back to discuss the results of last week’s blood tests. The problem? He told his assistant the wrong blood test. How do I know? Because I didn’t have my B12 tested last week. I had that tested years ago and it was too low which is why I’ve been having injections for years. So I now have no idea which test was off and have to wait until Thursday to find out. I’m sure that I’ll survive, but it’s obnoxious.

I told my parents and sister and my mother and sister are being obnoxious about it and saying that “No, this is great news. You could finally be able to stop getting your B12 injections.” No...not if my B12 wasn’t tested I can’t. He didn’t run a CBC. OMG....and I told them three or four times and they weren’t getting it. My doctor was testing for a handful of very specific things to look for reasons for what could be causing my hair issues.

Can the US postal service die already? The service around here is so shitty. They are always at least 2 days later than they should be. They negate any Prime benefit when Amazon ships with them. The local office is terrible. The staff is mean, angry, and nasty.

Can the US postal service die already? The service around here is so shitty. They are always at least 2 days later than they should be. They negate any Prime benefit when Amazon ships with them. The local office is terrible. The staff is mean, angry, and nasty.
Another reason to move to Texas, our Postal Employees are nice and professional. If the shipment is coming from a long ways off, it will normally be delivered a day early.

Another reason to move to Texas, our Postal Employees are nice and professional. If the shipment is coming from a long ways off, it will normally be delivered a day early.
It was fine in Oklahoma too. I think our specific postal carrier isn't coming every week day. There will be 3-4 days of nothing and then the next day the box is jammed full with all the mail all smashed and squished.

It was fine in Oklahoma too. I think our specific postal carrier isn't coming every week day. There will be 3-4 days of nothing and then the next day the box is jammed full with all the mail all smashed and squished.
Have you called the actual branch office to complain?

Today has been a tough day. I don’t know why, maybe the stress is getting to me. I just want to go home and sleep. That won’t happen though. I get to stay up late working again.

And I’m god damn tired of people asking how it’s going. I’m doing the job 3 people were doing. How do you think it’s going? Yes, it’s busy.

I suspect this with the postal carrier for our housing area and I know the one that picks up mail for my office doesn't come every day. either

After getting an optimistic phone call earlier this afternoon, I once again got a robocall from Mesa Public Schools informing me that schools will remain closed again tomorrow.

We're up to a whole week without school at this point. The ones who are lagging is the legislature, who are haggling over the budget.

We made it through the scary parts of getting a loan to get a house, found a place we fell in love with, but we won't be able to afford until July. And predictably, even though we're willing to pay asking price, the seller is more interested in someone who can pay less now than more later, so we're not getting the place. For me, I accepted it was a long-shot. For Julie, it's more of a struggle because she got her heart set on it, and worse, people at work don't seem to grasp that yes, someone can really want a condo instead of a townhouse.

(This one was wonderful in so many ways, but the best feature is that it was tucked sort of below street level, so was pretty private.)

So they're telling her things like "you still haven't found the one you're meant to have." It's wishy-washy and feels like they're trying to brush aside how she's disappointed. Yes, we will find another place, but that doesn't mean missing out on this one sucks any less.

We made it through the scary parts of getting a loan to get a house, found a place we fell in love with, but we won't be able to afford until July. And predictably, even though we're willing to pay asking price, the seller is more interested in someone who can pay less now than more later, so we're not getting the place. For me, I accepted it was a long-shot. For Julie, it's more of a struggle because she got her heart set on it, and worse, people at work don't seem to grasp that yes, someone can really want a condo instead of a townhouse.

(This one was wonderful in so many ways, but the best feature is that it was tucked sort of below street level, so was pretty private.)

So they're telling her things like "you still haven't found the one you're meant to have." It's wishy-washy and feels like they're trying to brush aside how she's disappointed. Yes, we will find another place, but that doesn't mean missing out on this one sucks any less.
I hate when people say things like that when I’m upset about something. That or “It was meant to be”. Grrr.

I’m sorry that you didn’t get your home.

I came on here for what now seems super whiny...I can’t stay awake to finish my art show pieces. I keep falling asleep. I just woke up four hours later. Why can’t I stay awake for a few days to finish up? Tomorrow, after I turn them in, I can sleep. So frustrating.

My rose is almost done and my other one is like 75%??

Stressful. I need to draw more consistently all year and then pick a few to show each year rather than rush to complete a few at the lat minute.

I hate when people say things like that when I’m upset about something. That or “It was meant to be”. Grrr.

I’m sorry that you didn’t get your home.

I came on here for what now seems super whiny...I can’t stay awake to finish my art show pieces. I keep falling asleep. I just woke up four hours later. Why can’t I stay awake for a few days to finish up? Tomorrow, after I turn them in, I can sleep. So frustrating.

My rose is almost done and my other one is like 75%??

Stressful. I need to draw more consistently all year and then pick a few to show each year rather than rush to complete a few at the lat minute.
After giving you so much trouble with sleep, NOW it wants you to drop off unconscious?

Some days we need to look in the mirror and go "It's treason, then."

That sucks, I'm sorry you didn't get your first choice. We're still smarting a little from not getting our first choice home, even though we love the one we bought. That first home is still on the market, btw, I swear they're going to find at least one body under that stupid little shed addition that the owner won't allow anyone to tear down so it'll finance.

We have ants. I found their ingress/egress path in the kitchen and sprayed it down with some clove and cottonseed oil based anti-pest soap, and left a nasty little pile of kosher salt laced with isopropyl alcohol behind as a barrier to immediate reinfestation, but I'm probably going to have to call an exterminator to really deal with this. Orkin seems to be popular in the area, or at least I see their trucks around frequently (I don't imagine we're the only ones with ants).

Spreading diatomaceous earth (food grade) near entry/exit areas has been a decently effective (and cheap) method for my house, along with delayed-action ant poison (the type in pet-safe enclosures), and regular spraying of the house's foundation/perimeter with one of those homeguard solutions. We've also caulked any cracks we've seen ants use.

Haven't had ants in a good while, fingers crossed, and the total cost's been cheaper than what exterminators quoted us.

I found that a combination of cat flea powder and diatomaceous earth worked really well the one and only time I had a problem.

—Patrick

We have resolved a lot of the ant problem using caulk. Finding where they enter, caulking it up (clear caulk between the baseboards and the kitchen floor and wall, for instance), and then waiting until they reappear, finding their path, and caulking it up.

It takes a long time, but seems to be more permanent than other solutions.

In carpeted areas it would require pulling up the carpet a little at the floor/wall joint to seal gaps, and you may even find them crawling through joints in the subfloor, so it's much more challenging in carpeted areas, but over time even that's do-able.

We have resolved a lot of the ant problem using caulk. Finding where they enter, caulking it up (clear caulk between the baseboards and the kitchen floor and wall, for instance), and then waiting until they reappear, finding their path, and caulking it up.

It takes a long time, but seems to be more permanent than other solutions.

In carpeted areas it would require pulling up the carpet a little at the floor/wall joint to seal gaps, and you may even find them crawling through joints in the subfloor, so it's much more challenging in carpeted areas, but over time even that's do-able.
Our ants will burrow or eat their way through the caulk. So you definitely need either the right kind of caulk or the right kind of ants.

We just let spiders be when we see them (as long as they don't start putting up webs in the house) and they tend to eat the ants and solve the problem for us.

Our ants will burrow or eat their way through the caulk. So you definitely need either the right kind of caulk or the right kind of ants.
In our location in Michigan we have teeny tiny little black ants, and after two years they haven't chewed through the kitchen caulk. I guess I'll find out eventually, but an every two year application is probably better than an every year or twice a year extermination project.

We seem to have the teeny tiny little black variety so far, so I'll go the caulk/spray/etc. route rather than spend money on a professional - I already have the pet-safe soap, a spray for outdoor barrier establishment, and a good idea of where they're coming in (the many, many areas where they're probably coming in). I'll need to find something rated for heat exposure, though, as their main path into the kitchen is behind the vent hood, between the sheet metal and the wall.

Got some Trader Joe's ghost pepper potato chips. Now I didn't actually expect them to be crazy spicy, but I did expect them to be hotter than, say, Flamin' Hot Cheetos.

Got some Trader Joe's ghost pepper potato chips. Now I didn't actually expect them to be crazy spicy, but I did expect them to be hotter than, say, Flamin' Hot Cheetos.
They're very bursty, as in it hits quickly and then fades fast. I think they were going a bit conservative.

--Patrick

Had a thumb-sized bumblebee in our house today.
Caught and released him.
...but he was doing that excessive grooming thing that makes me wonder if he isn't parasitized. Sigh.

--Patrick

My old laptop finally died. Granted it's been through hell in the last 3-4 years. I dropped it enough times that one hinge on the lid is totally useless, the body/casing is cracked in a few places, the battery has been replaced twice, the power cord would come out on it's own, etc.

I wanted to play some games damn it. :(

And then I found out that Metformin has as a side effect of causing insomnia. Guess taking it twice a day is out if I wanna get any sleep...

Had an incredibly spicy hotpot for dinner last night. The spiciest I've ever had. I figured I should be fine though, cause I like spicy food and I've handled really hot stuff before without problems.

Well, apparently I'm getting older and I can't rely on my body's ability to process spicy food any more, because my guts (and my butthole) have been paying the price all day today.

The exceedingly shitty/stressful situation I'm in should be over in 3-5 weeks. I've survived 3-4 months of it, so it's great to see the light at the end. This goes in this tread because I hate not being able to discuss the details yet, because I need it to be over already, and because I only get a respite when one of my friends groups (all of whom have been exceedingly supportive and sympathetic thus far) kidnaps me during a weekend.

I can't tell if I have situational depression, or if this just a stress source exacerbating a "normal" episode, so I don't feel comfortable seeking any professional help. Doesn't hep that I'm panic-attack-level terrified that my current mental state, if honestly evaluated, would award me a diagnosis that would mark me as an undesirable from an immigration standpoint, so I need to get better before I can look at that option. I'm miles better than I was mid-February through mid-April, though.

I just finished making next week's schedule, which is always a headache, and then I get word from the higher ups that I need to cut 70 hours from it

Fuck me