Galaxy Quest

[CONTAINER][POSTER]
[/POSTER][MOVIE]Title: Galaxy Quest

Tagline: A comedy of Galactic Proportions

Genre: [GENRE]Comedy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE], [GENRE]Family[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Dean Parisot[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Alan Rickman[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tony Shalhoub[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sam Rockwell[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Daryl Mitchell[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Enrico Colantoni[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Robin Sachs[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Patrick Breen[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Missi Pyle[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jed Rees[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Justin Long[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jeremy Howard[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kaitlin Cullum[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jonathan Feyer[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sigourney Weaver[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tim Allen[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]1999-12-23[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]102[/RUNTIME]

Plot: [PLOT]Decades after the success of the sci-fi series "Galaxy Quest," the show's washed-up stars -- Jason Nesmith, Gwen DeMarco and Alexander Dane -- are unwittingly recruited by actual aliens to pull off an intergalactic rescue mission.[/PLOT][/MOVIE][/CONTAINER]

One of my all time favorite movies. I think I rewinded and watched -and it exploded- fifty/sixty times and laughed every time. Really hard. I still say -by Grapthar's Hammer- everytime someone makes a comment about savings.

Growing up a Trekkie made it 10x more enjoyable.

Seriously, top 10 all time easily.

Count me in with people who loved this movie, especially growing up as a Trekkie. And as someone who used to go to Star Trek conventions, those scenes were dead-on. I never get tired of watching this.

I think the best praise of how good a job they did in that movie is that, in my mind, I keep seeing Jane Fonda. I mean, I know it's Sigourney Weaver playing the part, but she does such a good job acting how Jane Fonda would've played it (which is entirely in character with the plot!) that my brain just substitutes Jane Fonda.

--Patrick