Funny videos

So, every time I find a funny video, I fell bad putting it in the "awesome" video thread. I just want a thread for mildly amusing stuff.
Anyway, I don't remeber if I posted this last time I saw it, but I think of Gas every time I see it.
(fuck you autoplay)

Last edited:
So, every time I find a funny video, I fell bad putting it in the "awesome" video thread. I just want a thread for mildly amusing stuff.
Anyway, I don't remeber if I posted this last time I saw it, but I think of Gas every time I see it.
I'm all in with a new separate thread. But the title needs work.

GasBandit

Staff member
Regular Car Reviews is always funny, but like Mr. Regular, I too am dreading that we're entering the era where cars have features locked behind a software paywall, like on-disc game DLC. The supra has parking sensors and pedestrian sensors already built into it, but they won't TURN ON unless you paid an extra 3 grand at the dealership.

They don't autoplay for me, but they also don't fit the screen properly (just see top 2/3 of the vid), and there's no way to tell the video to resize or anything because the controls are in the part that's cut off.

--Patrick

What it felt like selling my house
This hit me hard, and we’re not evening planning to move anytime soon. But the housing market here in California is so fucking insane.

There was a local story yesterday that people were camping overnight in the parking lot of a real estate office that was about to put some townhouses up for sale. Madness.

Last edited:
I've been seriously considering selling off my apartment because of the housing market right now. Seems untenable, but who am I to say so?
When we bought this house, we bought it in a little town that had (at the time) 800 residents. It was the boonies, which my wife balked at. But I explained that it was an investment home..we could buy it relatively cheaply, live here some years, and as the town grew, the property would gain equity at a good clip, above and beyond the equity I was making by making house payments. We said that we'd sell in 7 or 8 years.

Since developers were buying and building, the town did grow. We have restaurants and shopping centers and all kinds of stuff that wasn't here when we moved in. In the current housing market, it seemed like a good idea to pull a trigger on the selling plan. I'll end up with more net cash on the sale than I make in a year for a salary.

I'm hoping that in 2-3 years, the housing market will cool a bit as home builders catch up and hopefully material costs drop (wood is at a crazy high right now, almost doubling the cost of building), and we can end up with a nice home at less than I just sold this one for.

The problem here is that everyone wants to buy houses, which makes houses outrageously expensive, which puts a lot of houses on the market but not occupied, which leads to no one living there, and...

Trying to buy right now. Probably not going to be able to. I'm pretty okay with that, I think, as I'd rather the market were less insane than it is. It is just...unpleasant. I'll take the higher interest rates over this nonsense.

fade

Staff member
What it felt like selling my house
Not ours. We just had to lower today. In a hot market. In a neighborhood where houses sell even in down times often before they go on the market. Why? Because we have the house at the entrance to the subdivision, next to 4 lane road. It's a residential road, but still 4 lanes. It's been on a month, and we've had a million showings, and always the feedback is the same, "Nice house, shows well, too close to [big road]." It's irritating to the max, because EVERY HOUSE on this block backs up to this street, but only ours faces it.

When we put it on, everyone said, "Oh it'll sell in a heartbeat! You'll make a profit!" They underestimate the power of location. And keep in mind this is a highly desirable neighborhood. Think I'm exaggerating? There are 3 other houses for sale in the immediate 4 block square. The other three went under contract in less than a week. My house is nicer and priced several hundred thousand dollars less!!

GasBandit

Staff member
Another Dr. Bees cartoon? After all these years? IS THIS WHAT YOU'RE DOING INSTEAD OF STARBARIANS, HARRY?!