Export thread

Funny videos

Limit: 500

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

So, every time I find a funny video, I fell bad putting it in the "awesome" video thread. I just want a thread for mildly amusing stuff.
Anyway, I don't remeber if I posted this last time I saw it, but I think of Gas every time I see it.
(fuck you autoplay)

Bubble181

Bubble181

So, every time I find a funny video, I fell bad putting it in the "awesome" video thread. I just want a thread for mildly amusing stuff.
Anyway, I don't remeber if I posted this last time I saw it, but I think of Gas every time I see it.
I'm all in with a new separate thread. But the title needs work.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I'm all in with a new separate thread. But the title needs work.
"Mildly amusing videos to aid in the fight against ennui and existential dread"? ;)

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

(fuck you autoplay)

Bubble181

Bubble181

Oldie but still good.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Regular Car Reviews is always funny, but like Mr. Regular, I too am dreading that we're entering the era where cars have features locked behind a software paywall, like on-disc game DLC. The supra has parking sensors and pedestrian sensors already built into it, but they won't TURN ON unless you paid an extra 3 grand at the dealership.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

SOUND.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Man, Paul Frees was in everything back then.

--Patrick

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Dave

Dave

Undeleted to see if the autoplay sound thing is fixed or not.

PatrThom

PatrThom

They don't autoplay for me, but they also don't fit the screen properly (just see top 2/3 of the vid), and there's no way to tell the video to resize or anything because the controls are in the part that's cut off.

--Patrick

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I really hate that reddit has started internalizing videos, rather than act as a link aggregator to the true location of the video :(

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Frenchest thing ever?

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

What in the name of sanity are they feeding this cat to get it this big?

Bubble181

Bubble181

What in the name of sanity are they feeding this cat to get it this big?

They're really overbreeding those Maine coons these days for size. Doesn't sound anything like a normal cat anymore, and look at the patches without fur!

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

When you only know one move in Mortal Kombat, so you just spam it over and over again

figmentPez

figmentPez

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I had the opposite reaction as a player once. The DM described an NPC who played a key role in my character's backstory. Except I completely forgot anything about said character and they had to remind me who it was and why they were important.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Sound

A Weapon to Surpass Metal Gear.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

What it felt like selling my house

Bubble181

Bubble181

I've been seriously considering selling off my apartment because of the housing market right now. Seems untenable, but who am I to say so?

Tress

Tress

This hit me hard, and we’re not evening planning to move anytime soon. But the housing market here in California is so fucking insane.

There was a local story yesterday that people were camping overnight in the parking lot of a real estate office that was about to put some townhouses up for sale. Madness.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I've been seriously considering selling off my apartment because of the housing market right now. Seems untenable, but who am I to say so?
When we bought this house, we bought it in a little town that had (at the time) 800 residents. It was the boonies, which my wife balked at. But I explained that it was an investment home..we could buy it relatively cheaply, live here some years, and as the town grew, the property would gain equity at a good clip, above and beyond the equity I was making by making house payments. We said that we'd sell in 7 or 8 years.

Since developers were buying and building, the town did grow. We have restaurants and shopping centers and all kinds of stuff that wasn't here when we moved in. In the current housing market, it seemed like a good idea to pull a trigger on the selling plan. I'll end up with more net cash on the sale than I make in a year for a salary.

I'm hoping that in 2-3 years, the housing market will cool a bit as home builders catch up and hopefully material costs drop (wood is at a crazy high right now, almost doubling the cost of building), and we can end up with a nice home at less than I just sold this one for.

jwhouk

jwhouk

The problem here is that everyone wants to buy houses, which makes houses outrageously expensive, which puts a lot of houses on the market but not occupied, which leads to no one living there, and...

MindDetective

MindDetective

Trying to buy right now. Probably not going to be able to. I'm pretty okay with that, I think, as I'd rather the market were less insane than it is. It is just...unpleasant. I'll take the higher interest rates over this nonsense.

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

bhamv3

bhamv3

This is like something out of a tentacle hentai, yo.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Sound required.

fade

fade

Not ours. We just had to lower today. In a hot market. In a neighborhood where houses sell even in down times often before they go on the market. Why? Because we have the house at the entrance to the subdivision, next to 4 lane road. It's a residential road, but still 4 lanes. It's been on a month, and we've had a million showings, and always the feedback is the same, "Nice house, shows well, too close to [big road]." It's irritating to the max, because EVERY HOUSE on this block backs up to this street, but only ours faces it.

When we put it on, everyone said, "Oh it'll sell in a heartbeat! You'll make a profit!" They underestimate the power of location. And keep in mind this is a highly desirable neighborhood. Think I'm exaggerating? There are 3 other houses for sale in the immediate 4 block square. The other three went under contract in less than a week. My house is nicer and priced several hundred thousand dollars less!!

GasBandit

GasBandit

Sound

GasBandit

GasBandit

Another Dr. Bees cartoon? After all these years? IS THIS WHAT YOU'RE DOING INSTEAD OF STARBARIANS, HARRY?!

Frank

Frank

I'm glad, Dr. Bees is funnier.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

Shakey

Shakey

GasBandit

GasBandit

BErt

BErt

It couldn’t be more simple

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

PatrThom

PatrThom

Especially poignant after I had to rescue Cranky‘s computer from a failed update last week. It only took about five or six hours, but I managed to get it back to 100% without having to erase or reinstall.

—Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

Apparently Keith Apicary (Nathan Barnatt) is going to be on America's Got Talent next month.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Somebody felt like being REALLY mean to Irish people.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

GasBandit

GasBandit

General Specific

General Specific

figmentPez

figmentPez

jwhouk

jwhouk

...Too Subtle for The Internet.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Bubble181

Bubble181

I'm in this video and I don't like it.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I'm in this video and I don't like it.
Pez beat me to it, but I was going to post the same video, captioned with something like: "Musicians, you've been there."

--Patrick

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Pez beat me to it, but I was going to post the same video, captioned with something like: "Musicians, you've been there."

--Patrick
The tinwhistle equivalent is blowing, hearing no sound, and then eventually finding pocket lint in the windway.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Sound

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

Sound

GasBandit

GasBandit

MindDetective

MindDetective

Why would the dude being addressed post that online?

blotsfan

blotsfan

Local gender reveal.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Sound

GasBandit

GasBandit

Let me sing for you the song of my people

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

The wrong music changes everything...

GasBandit

GasBandit

Celt Z

Celt Z

The wrong music changes everything...
Oh, no. This clip broke my husband.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

Why would the dude being addressed post that online?
You don't think...

You don't think somebody would just fake something, do you?

ON THE INTERNET?

MindDetective

MindDetective

You don't think...

You don't think somebody would just fake something, do you?

ON THE INTERNET?

Celt Z

Celt Z

Maybe they're respectful to the Pride flag. They know unicorns will kick their asses if they don't.

Bubble181

Bubble181

They, at least, are aware of the highly toxic heavy metals in that paint and the health risk of coming too close.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

PatrThom

PatrThom

You see, when a man loves a video so very, very much that, nine months later...

--Patrick

Emrys

Emrys

You see, when a man loves a video so very, very much that, nine months later...

--Patrick
That's m'boy!

GasBandit

GasBandit

I have this problem where every 6-10 months something loops back around into my youtube recommendations again, and then I've forgotten that I posted it >_<

PatrThom

PatrThom

I have this problem where every 6-10 months something loops back around into my youtube recommendations again, and then I've forgotten that I posted it >_<
I frequently read something on Halforums that I think is so amazing I should go post it on that board where I...oh, right.

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

Sound

GasBandit

GasBandit

Welp, now it's everywhere again

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

And when you don’t know the difference between an orchestra and a choir…

GasBandit

GasBandit

TIL before it was Ahegao, it was "Lion."

OMG SOUND

Celt Z

Celt Z

Designing Women went to some interesting places.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I will now never be able to look at anyone wearing that shirt without thinking "aaa AAA Aaa aaa aAa"

--Patrick

bhamv3

bhamv3

I will now never be able to look at anyone wearing that shirt without thinking "aaa AAA Aaa aaa aAa"

--Patrick
On a related note, I now have the Immigrant Song stuck in my head.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I'm pretty sure I have posted this before but this time it has sound.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Want to feel better about your house?

PatrThom

PatrThom

He finally finds the bathtub at 7:54, if anyone is wondering.

—Patrick

Dave

Dave

GasBandit

GasBandit

Click and unmute

PatrThom

PatrThom

Click and unmute
*cough*

--Patrick

figmentPez

figmentPez

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

The mad man did the whole thing. With Captions.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Terrik

Terrik

GasBandit

GasBandit

PatrThom

PatrThom

The mad man did the whole thing. With Captions.

Well, that certainly qualifies as "transformative."

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

The beast has again been fed...

GasBandit

GasBandit

Grandpa rememebers when Beyblade had a single player story mode

chris

chris

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Your cooks were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, that they didn't stop to think if they should.

GasBandit

GasBandit

NSFW audio

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

I made this one myself!

GasBandit

GasBandit

PatrThom

PatrThom

Once wasn't enough?

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

Once wasn't enough?

--Patrick
It has been FUH REV URRR since February 2020!

PatrThom

PatrThom

It has been FUH REV URRR since February 2020!
Nonsense! It's been what, like... four months? Tops? Maybe five, at most.
Remember that insisting otherwise also means you are admitting it's been thirty-five years since 1985, sooo...

--Patrick

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Nonsense! It's been what, like... four months? Tops? Maybe five, at most.
Remember that insisting otherwise also means you are admitting it's been thirty-five years since 1985, sooo...

--Patrick
This is the exception. 2020 lasted years. But 1990 was ten years ago. And 2000 was ten years ago. 2010 was five years ago. But 2019 was also five years ago.

This is how it works

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

Dave

Dave

That went from predictable to stupid to funny. A true roller coaster of emotions.

@Li3n

@Li3n

People that annoy you:

GasBandit

GasBandit

sound (nsfw lyrics)

GasBandit

GasBandit

BErt

BErt

Celt Z

Celt Z

Now I know what really killed Howard Ashman.

PatrThom

PatrThom

What? No chess?

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

Somebody might think this is NSFW, if I guess they have a REALLY dirty mind.

Gonna have to click to animate because imgur gonna imgur

GasBandit

GasBandit

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I was talking to my wife on the phone while watching this. I legit stopped mid sentence, cracked up, and forgot what I was talking about.

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

Sound

GasBandit

GasBandit

Sound!

GasBandit

GasBandit

Bubble181

Bubble181

Olllld and way too long a video for a simple joke :p

PatrThom

PatrThom

"How about a nice Hawaiian punch?"

--Patrick

Celt Z

Celt Z

I like this kid.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Dude? Dude, you okay?

PatrThom

PatrThom

"Target identified, it fits template, begin collection run."
"...okay the rest of this is not going as expected and now I don't know what I should be doing."

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

This made emit a single, loud HAAA!

PatrThom

PatrThom

This made emit a single, loud HAAA!
bs.jpg

@MindDetective How is this YDTTA?

--Patrick

Celt Z

Celt Z

Yeesssh... talk about songs that didn't age well.

Tress

Tress

Yeesssh... talk about songs that didn't age well.
I had never heard that song before. I looked it up, read the lyrics, and... holy fucking shit. :Leyla:

MindDetective

MindDetective

Intentional misinterpreting of what Gas said is close enough to YDTTA to me.

mikerc

mikerc

Intentional misinterpreting of what Gas said is typical HalForums behaviour.
FTFY

PatrThom

PatrThom

Intentional misinterpreting of what Gas said
It may be hard to believe, but this time, it wasn't. I was deliberately making the double entendre with the song carrying the insinuation the video makes (like @Celt Z alluded to) and also the fact that "seasoning" frequently just means throwing some brown sugar into whatever you're making.

--Patrick

Celt Z

Celt Z

I had never heard that song before. I looked it up, looked up the lyrics, and... holy fucking shit. :Leyla:
Considering they changed their own lyrics for that song several times, starting as early as the 80's...yeah, you done fucked up.
(To his credit, Mick Jagger admits this. In an interview around 1995, I believe, he says he wrote the song in 45 minutes, they recorded it, and within the next decade, they all decided it was a bad idea to keep the original lyrics. Even the several-times edited lyrics are kinda sketchy, tho'.)

They used to play the...3rd revision? of it on the radio, but you never even hear that version on air anymore for obvious reasons.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Considering they changed their own lyrics for that song several times, starting as early as the 80's...yeah, you done fucked up.
(To his credit, Mick Jagger admits this. In an interview around 1995, I believe, he says he wrote the song in 45 minutes, they recorded it, and within the next decade, they all decided it was a bad idea to keep the original lyrics. Even the several-times edited lyrics are kinda sketchy, tho'.)

They used to play the...3rd revision? of it on the radio, but you never even hear that version on air anymore for obvious reasons.
It still plays on lots of classic rock stations around the country.

Bubble181

Bubble181

I'm not at all surprised.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Kahlua used a big-band version of it for a while to advertise their pre-mixed white russians. They had the sales pitch start talking over the problematic parts (so basically right after the first "How come you taste so good").

When my stepmother (who is black) saw it on TV, and saw how they cleaned it up, she cracked up laughing.

Celt Z

Celt Z

They stopped playing it around here a while back. I remember thinking sometime in the past 2 years I couldn't remember the last time I heard Brown Sugar on the radio. It used to be played fairly often, too.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

They stopped playing it around here a while back. I remember thinking sometime in the past 2 years I couldn't remember the last time I heard Brown Sugar on the radio. It used to be played fairly often, too.
I usually listen to Sirius radio stuff, but I’ve been using a truck lately that I only have local stations.

During the past couple of weeks I heard it on a syndicated classic rock program (guessing the time worked for the slot) and at least one other time since the local classic rock doesn’t have local on air staff.

figmentPez

figmentPez

American Romcom set in Ireland: Luck of the Blarney Mountain Charms

PatrThom

PatrThom

This made my wife laugh uncomfortably.

—Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I'm pretty sure this is why they have weight classes

drifter

drifter

Fun fact: the guy with the fancy moves was a stuntman in District B13: Ultimatum.

GasBandit

GasBandit

It's not easy being Irina Meier, busty red-headed cosplay enthusiast.

".....Blyat!" :rofl:

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

It's not easy being Irina Meier, busty red-headed cosplay enthusiast.

".....Blyat!" :rofl:
I was going to say this has to be someone's fetish, before realizing it's just yours.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I was going to say this has to be someone's fetish, before realizing it's just yours.
I dare say it's not JUST mine :D

Bubble181

Bubble181

"Busty pretty girl can't fit her boobs in her right suit"... I don't think that qualifies as a fetish. The cosplay, redheadedness, the Russian, it's all just extra cherries on top of a cherry pie.

Bubble181

Bubble181

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

GasBandit

GasBandit

Reminds me of Chicken Attack. Except Chicken Attack had better english.

bhamv3

bhamv3

For anyone curious, this is apparently a Google Translate of the lyrics of an actual song by Taiwanese pop superstar Jay Chou. The song's actually quite good.

You can turn on English captions in this video to see what the song's actually about.

Celt Z

Celt Z

For anyone curious, this is apparently a Google Translate of the lyrics of an actual song by Taiwanese pop superstar Jay Chou. The song's actually quite good.

You can turn on English captions in this video to see what the song's actually about.
I can't see Jay Chou's name without remembering this awkward hip hop music video he had. I can't remember what the name of the song was (Mr. Z found it), but I want to say it came out around the time of Curse of the Golden Flower? It's still a joke for us to this day.

GasBandit

GasBandit

jwhouk

jwhouk

...You mean Straight Outta Lynwood.

General Specific

General Specific

Sound on, but language warning both spoken and graphics so maybe don't play it at work around your boss if they are the serious type.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

GasBandit

GasBandit

PatrThom

PatrThom

It's yet another variation of that same sort of mobile game people don't realize is basically just a digital carnival game.

These are the "girly" ones, but I can believe there are more "manly" once where you have to pump the tires up taller on your pickup, or uh, less family-friendly themes.

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

The high heels one is actually almost clever.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Sound.

Emrys

Emrys

PatrThom

PatrThom

*wife

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

figmentPez

figmentPez

GasBandit

GasBandit

QueenBlaze: What is this song I hear everywhere these days?

Fans: "It's from the Ankha meme video."

QB: "What's the Anhka meme video"

Fans: (Sent you a link)

QB:

GasBandit

GasBandit

When you drop a cup in the kitchen early in the morning

GasBandit

GasBandit

Sound

@Li3n

@Li3n

Heh, the underwater cop bit really make me laugh.

GasBandit

GasBandit

(Screams the scream of many sequels)

bhamv3

bhamv3

Is Mr. Puzzles voiced by the Honest Trailers guy?

PatrThom

PatrThom

Is Mr. Puzzles voiced by the Honest Trailers guy?
It has to be, or else it is an A.I. simulacrum. The other voices sound generated, so I would not be surprised. HTG has quite a corpus to train against.

—Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

Celt Z

Celt Z

Mr. Z enjoyed this one.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Sound

PatrThom

PatrThom

Turns out it was never about the amount of sleep you get, it was always about establishing a routine.

—Patrick

figmentPez

figmentPez

Turns out it was never about the amount of sleep you get, it was always about establishing a routine.
There's a lot more to it than that. Sleep quality matters. If you've got sleep apnea, heart problems, or any of a dozen other medical issues, then no amount of sleep, or regularity of schedule, is going to fix tiredness.

The myth that you can be sleepy because you got "too much" sleep is just assuming causation when there's only correlation. Of course people who are getting horrible sleep quality because they're not breathing while they sleep are going to sleep more to try to get rest, but still feel tired after 10+ hours in bed. Staying in bed longer didn't cause it; an obstructed airway, or some other medical problem did!

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Dear Secret Santa, I need a new sofabed for Xmas. I've been as good as can be expected in this hellscape of a year.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Sound on

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

Souuuund

mikerc

mikerc

That moment when you realise you've said something so stupid all you can do is end the interview.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Psh. That guy's wrong. I have a concrete tree in my backyard. I water it every few days. I'm sure it'll bloom any day now.

PatrThom

PatrThom

There's no sound to this, but I assume it ends with, "I am SO putting this on the Internet!"

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

Sound

GasBandit

GasBandit

This happened on Jeopardy last night.

GasBandit

GasBandit

General Specific

General Specific

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I couldn't even stomach 5 seconds of it.

If this were America's Got Talent, he would've been red buzzer'd to hell.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I couldn't even stomach 5 seconds of it.

If this were America's Got Talent, he would've been red buzzer'd to hell.
He's got a lot of very catchy songs, dances, and videos... and then he's got some that are like the one I just posted. It's a schtick that tickles me to no end. My favorite one in this line is "The Worst Song Ever." I absolutely hate the sound in the background of that song because it is the sound my alarm clock all through high school and college made. But I love the song. It's SO AWFUL.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I love the song. It's SO AWFUL.
I'll bet you have a pet spongmonkey, don't you.

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

I'll bet you have a pet spongmonkey, don't you.

--Patrick
I love those videos too.

figmentPez

figmentPez

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

Sound

GasBandit

GasBandit

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

mikerc

mikerc

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

A gentle reminder for everyone this Thanksgiving...

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

SOUND!

GasBandit

GasBandit

figmentPez

figmentPez

Craig the Dungeon Master can't be bothered

GasBandit

GasBandit

Sound

PatrThom

PatrThom

Some say they’re still coming to this day.

—Patrick

Celt Z

Celt Z

I mean, they're not wrong...

Bubble181

Bubble181

Just ask Dave

GasBandit

GasBandit

Cat

Cat

Personally I'd like to see more of this. Pls alienate all queer people from the right. Thx

"That's a man in a dress"
443 (1).jpg

GasBandit

GasBandit

Greatly enhanced by sound.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Greatly enhanced by sound.

Until SO finds this on the internet.

Then...

GasBandit

GasBandit

Also has sound

GasBandit

GasBandit

And this one. I'm ddyyyyyyinggg

PatrThom

PatrThom

Also has sound

That kid is going to grow up and be a fantastic “Lovely Assistant” someday.

—Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

bhamv3

bhamv3

I would like confirmation that you're supposed to use three fingers like a whisk.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I would like confirmation that you're supposed to use three fingers like a whisk.
The fact that you all know my girlfriend makes it awkward to share sex tips.

PatrThom

PatrThom

...publicly.

--Patrick

Bubble181

Bubble181

What's a Secret Santa account for, anyway?

GasBandit

GasBandit

PatrThom

PatrThom

Technically not a “funny” video, but still putting it here because of who it is.

Didn’t know he had other talents. Wife says, “With that much talent, how does he not have all the boyfriends?”

—Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

Holidays with Gas Bandit

MindDetective

MindDetective

@GasBandit have you tried this to add to your collection?

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Holidays with Gas Bandit

They definitely made the shots of vodka longer in this clip, but in the original, she totally puts in like 4 or 5 shots of vodka worth in the cocktail.
She got a lot of crap about it, and as I recall, in a later episode, she used a jigger to measure.

But, some time later, for a new show, she revisited the meme :D

GasBandit

GasBandit

They definitely made the shots of vodka longer in this clip, but in the original, she totally puts in like 4 or 5 shots of vodka worth in the cocktail.
She got a lot of crap about it, and as I recall, in a later episode, she used a jigger to measure.
People in discord, the first time they see me pour myself a "Titos and Spite," often comment on the amount of vodka I'm putting in the cup. I always tell them there's a flow restrictor in the bottle so I'm really only pouring in about "two shots" and invariably this meme gets referenced :p

PatrThom

PatrThom

"Titos and Spite”
This sounds like the recipe for an evening of Gas playing Killing Floor or Vermintide.

—Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

GasBandit

GasBandit

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

It's a short one, so I'll put this here. But all of her stuff is good.

LordRendar

LordRendar

Listen to my coming on the first light of the fifth day, at dawn listen to the east for the sound of buttcheeks clapping.

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

I don't usually like watching streamers that are just chatting, but I do sometimes like seeing highlight clips of them, particularly the ones that let you spend bits to play sound effects or enter a TTS line on their streams. For example...

GasBandit

GasBandit

Sound IS REQUIRED.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Captions would be nice, too.

--Patrick

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Sound IS REQUIRED.

I love how he's all "noooo........alright" when the hat comes out.
Post automatically merged:

Captions would be nice, too.

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

I made a HFA version of that skit. And yes, I included subtitles :p

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I made a HFA version of that skit. And yes, I included subtitles :p

Every time I show that "swatch at your fanny" skit to someone, I have to translate it for them, too.

(It's important to note that unlike in the US, in many parts of the world, the 'fanny' means the front part...)

GasBandit

GasBandit

Every time I show that "swatch at your fanny" skit to someone, I have to translate it for them, too.

(It's important to note that unlike in the US, in many parts of the world, the 'fanny' means the front part...)
For some reason, I am reminded of a character I played in an MMO that spoke exclusively in cockney rhyming slang (this was before voice chat really caught on, so everything was in-game text). It was a lot of work, I had to have a cockney dictionary open on my second monitor at all times so I could translate what I wanted to say in real time.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Hey, I found your mom's butt plug

evilmike

evilmike

Never forget.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Sound

bhamv3

bhamv3

I once gave my sister the nickname "Squish".

Cause she's flat.

GasBandit

GasBandit

PatrThom

PatrThom

Aw, that ain't workin'.

--Patrick

figmentPez

figmentPez

PatrThom

PatrThom

Ha!
I was quoting "Money for Nothing," though.
[ S]he's bangin' on those bongos like a chimpanzee
Aw, that ain't workin'
That's the way ya do it
(Get your) money for nothin' and your chicks for free

--Patrick

General Specific

General Specific

PatrThom

PatrThom

yip yip Yip YIP Yip <crash> yip yip...

--Patrick

figmentPez

figmentPez

These are some incredibly niche parodies. NileGreen (a parody of Nile Red, a chemisty/science YouTube)

Bubble181

Bubble181

GasBandit

GasBandit

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Right out of the Ernie Kovacs playbook.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Celt Z

Celt Z

Fri-ed chicken?

GasBandit

GasBandit

Fri-ed chicken?
Ye Olde Fri-ed Chicken

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Someone sent me this today

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I don't know what's going on with the video cropping because it cuts off about a 1/3 of the video window for me. So I can't unmute the video to hear - what I assume - is the dialogue or something. And can't see part of the whole picture. Tried it in both browser (Chrome) and mobile.

Snip.JPG

drifter

drifter

Someone sent me this today
Yo dawg, you can scarf your scarf

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

I don't know what's going on with the video cropping because it cuts off about a 1/3 of the video window for me. So I can't unmute the video to hear - what I assume - is the dialogue or something. And can't see part of the whole picture. Tried it in both browser (Chrome) and mobile.

I noticed that when I posted it. Sorry 'bout that.

The original video by itself can't be linked as media, but...

PatrThom

PatrThom

I don't know what's going on with the video cropping because it cuts off about a 1/3 of the video window for me.
The media embedder thingie will do that. I haven't figured out a reliable way to deal with it.

--Patrick

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I noticed that when I posted it. Sorry 'bout that.

The original video by itself can't be linked as media, but...
LMAO. Okay, that was worth the delay to see the full, proper thing.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Just a tip - if a tumblr embed doesn't do the thing right, you can click on the item at the bottom saying how many notes it has to open it in a new window where it should work right.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Celt Z

Celt Z

Why is she "sleeping" in full makeup and false eyelashes? One of those lashes would be hanging off or stuck to the pillow.

Emrys

Emrys

Why is she "sleeping" in full makeup and false eyelashes? One of those lashes would be hanging off or stuck to the pillow.
Don't all women sleep in full makeup/false eyelashes? We gotta be pretty for our man 24/7. :D

PatrThom

PatrThom

Don't all women sleep in full makeup/false eyelashes? We gotta be pretty for our man 24/7. :D

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

Top comment: You have to be next level stupid to burn down a swimming pool.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

So much stupid. Wow.

PatrThom

PatrThom

He never stopped nor rolled, he only dropped.

—Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

Somebody call the cops, we've got video evidence of cold blooded MURDER

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

Bubble181

Bubble181

Well that ended differently than I expected.

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

Somebody call the cops, we've got video evidence of cold blooded MURDER

Both his draw 4 cards shouldn't have been able to be played and she should have called him on it because he had a yellow card to play

GasBandit

GasBandit

Both his draw 4 cards shouldn't have been able to be played and she should have called him on it because he had a yellow card to play
Ooh that's a good point. He should have had to play the yellow draw 2 first, then he could have chained all his other draw 2s then the reverse and the blue 0, which would have left him with 3 cards. Of course, the NEXT turn he got would have ended her... but it wouldn't have made such a cloutable video.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Yup. Also, stacking plusses like this, as has been pointed out approximately a million times on the internet, is against the rules. A +2 or +4 automatically skips your turn and makes you draw. Neither allows you to play a card to pass it on. And while we're at it - you are not allowed to play a +4 if you have any other card that can legally be played (except another +4) - including a regular color change card etc. Too often have I seen people try to use those +4s like some sort of überkiller, but they really aren't. And, you can absolutely end the game with all base power cards (there are one or two expansion and variety power cards that explicitly mean you can't end with them).

Bubble181

Bubble181

Ooh that's a good point. He should have had to play the yellow draw 2 first, then he could have chained all his other draw 2s then the reverse and the blue 0, which would have left him with 3 cards. Of course, the NEXT turn he got would have ended her... but it wouldn't have made such a cloutable video.
It's not a zero but a skip card :-P He could've played the yellow +2, then the other +2s (because a +2 skips the opponent's turn, so in a two player game this is possible), then the skips and reverse, then both +4 cards and have finished the game legally. Though it's not one turn, and she should've drawn all the cards every step.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Also, stacking plusses like this, as has been pointed out approximately a million times on the internet, is against the rules.
He's not stacking, he's taking that many turns in a row. A draw or skip makes the target miss their turn, and as it's a 2 player game, it then immediately becomes his turn again.

Bubble181

Bubble181

He's not stacking, he's taking that many turns in a row. A draw or skip makes the target miss their turn, and as it's a 2 player game, it then immediately becomes his turn again.
Which I said a paragraph further down:p

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Yeah, his only faux pax was the wild +4s when he had a yellow later in the stack. Rules state she could have challenged, she would've won the challenge, and play would have ended at the first card dropped with him picking up 4 more cards. A challenge is usually a risk (since a failed challenge means you draw 6 instead of 4), but since he didn't pause at all, she would know he had a yellow and I'd make him back up and take all that shit back into his hand + the additional 4 cards.

GasBandit

GasBandit

General Specific

General Specific

I wish they'd put more of Game Changers on youtube, if only for more Brennan Lee Mulligan acting a fool

They did post the full Impression Battle episode and it made me very happy.

GasBandit

GasBandit

figmentPez

figmentPez

GasBandit

GasBandit

The entire final 4 minutes (to which this should automatically cue up) of this week's Regular Car Review is an increasingly incredible shit talking session about some (probably imaginary) college student named Tommy Fenstemacher, and it is enthralling

And every time I watch an episode of RCR I am so very struck by how much Roman sounds like Snuffles.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Sound XD

PatrThom

PatrThom

I appreciate the lyrics and completely agree and think there should be a name for people like this, people who achieve a goal of some kind and then immediately turn around and try to make sure nobody else will ever be able to do that thing, cuz I see it enough that I want to put a name to it.
...but what really stuck out to me was, "Hey! I have that same guitar!"

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

Callin in that extra DPS

Edit: Youtube gonna youtube, ruining musical jokes. So here's (ugh) TikTok.

General Specific

General Specific

Callin in that extra DPS

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

That kids got a full beard by now

Piotyr

Piotyr

I wish they'd put more of Game Changers on youtube, if only for more Brennan Lee Mulligan acting a fool

They did post the full Impression Battle episode and it made me very happy.
This is probably my favorite Game Changers moment in the show's history. I only wish the full episode were available:

GasBandit

GasBandit

PatrThom

PatrThom

—Patrick

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

—Patrick
I hope to god this guy never becomes a game designer. Even Sierra logic is looking at this and thinking, "Okay, this is too much."

GasBandit

GasBandit

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

2nd greatest car chase scene in the history of film, and perhaps the first very sneaky product placement

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

Bubble181

Bubble181

Deliberately mixing Mega Rolls, Big Rolls, and Mega Rolls Ridged, along with packages from different markets where different "regular rolls" are used, will make it sound complicated while it isn't.
I mean, it's all marketing BS, to be clear, but they're trying to make it sound AMAZING and WEIRD and COMPLETELY BONKERS OMG and I remember why I don't like Brentalfloss again.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

GasBandit

GasBandit

WHEN I COME A-COURTIN'

(sound)

PatrThom

PatrThom

WHEN I COME A-COURTIN'

--Patrick

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

WHEN I COME A-COURTIN'

(sound)

I see @Officer_Charon has to up his game with every new Valentine's Day.

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

I do not understand

GasBandit

GasBandit

chris

chris

I do not understand

some kind of posture correction involving the tail bone I guess?

PatrThom

PatrThom

I do not understand
I assume this (though maybe not this exact case):

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

bhamv3

bhamv3

I'm gonna try this with my wife right now!

bhamv3

bhamv3

So it turns out my wife with two arms is stronger than me with one arm, and I couldn't lift her arms up.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

So it turns out my wife with two arms is stronger than me with one arm, and I couldn't lift her arms up.
"I'm gonna try this on my wife!" is my new favorite running gag on the forum. Especially when you post the results.

GasBandit

GasBandit

"IS IT GOOD, MOMMY"

Click to play and turn on sound because imgur's embeds still suck.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I've had a date or two end that way before...<shifty eye emoji>

GasBandit

GasBandit

How to caress a woman

Emrys

Emrys

How to caress a woman

No.

PatrThom

PatrThom

How to pet a cat, more like.

--Patrick

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

How to caress a woman

Paging @bhamv3 to test this on his wife!

Celt Z

Celt Z

How to caress a woman

And this is why you won't have problems hitting that 21 solo-sessions goal.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Who says you have to choose?
1646336885899.png

I....may be a little oversexed :oops:

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

How to caress a woman

This is how my dog looks when I come home

bhamv3

bhamv3

How to caress a woman

Trying this with my wife right now!

bhamv3

bhamv3

So my wife wears glasses and she really hates it when her lenses get smeared, so basically as soon as I reached for her face she grabbed my hand and more or less judo throwed me to the ground.

Emrys

Emrys

So my wife wears glasses and she really hates it when her lenses get smeared, so basically as soon as I reached for her face she grabbed my hand and more or less judo throwed me to the ground.
Please have her do it again, only this time, make sure you record it.

mikerc

mikerc

I am Spartacus Mr McAdams!

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I am Spartacus Mr McAdams!
I was sitting here thinking "Man, the guy that's the head of the ron paul institute sure doesn't sound like the kind of guy I'd expect to be on the Ron Paul Institute"

That said, anyone that's the head of the Ron Paul institute probably deserves to be yelled at.

GasBandit

GasBandit

So apparently she made a LOT of these

GasBandit

GasBandit

figmentPez

figmentPez

bhamv3

bhamv3

GasBandit

GasBandit

Horny is a valid emotion!

figmentPez

figmentPez

I know a lot of mental health experts who would disagree.

GasBandit

GasBandit

"Experts"

bhamv3

bhamv3

I acknowledge that the experts would know more than I do.

I also choose to ignore the people who know more than I do and insist that my perspective, which was reached only through subjective personal experience and no research of any rigor, is the only right one. Horny is a valid emotion, dammit!

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Bubble181

Bubble181

Why? It's a mental state causes by hormones, as a result of (usually external) stimuli, influencing your perception, decision making, etc.
I literally can't think of how "horny" is any less of a valid emotion than "depressed", "stressed", "interested", "fearful", "angry",...

figmentPez

figmentPez

Why? It's a mental state causes by hormones, as a result of (usually external) stimuli, influencing your perception, decision making, etc.
I literally can't think of how "horny" is any less of a valid emotion than "depressed", "stressed", "interested", "fearful", "angry",...
Depressed, and interested are also not emotions. Depressed is a vague term that can refer to a lot of different states. While a diagnosis of depression can be a useful label, a patient describing themselves saying "I'm depressed today" doesn't help them or their therapist, because it can mean so many different things. "Interested" is a thought, not an emotion, and that's the important distinction here. "Stressed" could be an emotion, but it could also be a thought, and is likely both, so it's important to make the distinction.

A lot of people with mental health disorders have a difficult time differentiating between thoughts and emotions. ("Angry" is an emotion, "I want to punch someone" is a thought. We have much greater control over our thoughts than we do our emotions.) When I was in my first psychiatric hospital (Menninger, one of the top in the nation) they had us focus on what they considered the five core emotions: Joy, Sadness, Anger, Fear, and Guilt. Since then I've learned that there's disagreement on what the core emotions are, how many there are, and what to label them, but there seems to be pretty strong consensus that differentiating between thoughts and emotions is important.

Hunger, thirst, pain, heat, cold, and other sensations are also not emotions, even though they're frequently connected to emotions.

Horny often has emotions associated with it, but as a whole it's a combination of thoughts and physical sensations that may or may not be associated with emotions.

PatrThom

PatrThom

When I was in my first psychiatric hospital (Menninger, one of the top in the nation) they had us focus on what they considered the five core emotions: Joy, Sadness, Anger, Fear, and Guilt.
Huh. I didn’t realize the choices in Inside Out had an actual basis (though they swap in Disgust for Guilt).

—Patrick

MindDetective

MindDetective

Disgust is an emotion. Guilt is not. Emotions have an outward (usually facial) expression. Feelings do not need to have that, though. Thus, horny, and guilt, are feelings.
Post automatically merged:

Surprise is also a primary emotion, fyi.

PatrThom

PatrThom

corny.jpg

"Stupid" is also not an emotion.

--Patrick

bhamv3

bhamv3

View attachment 40920

"Stupid" is also not an emotion.

--Patrick
But this line would've also had worked if she had said, for example, "Why are guys always so stupid and angry?!" Angry is an emotion.

GasBandit

GasBandit

"I just wanna eat 42 pounds of seafood salad and an entire birthday caaaaaaake"

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Where's the rest? For research purposes, for a friend I mean...

figmentPez

figmentPez

GasBandit

GasBandit

PatrThom

PatrThom

Wookie pa yub nub

--Patrick

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I'm pretty sure this is an actual clip from the holiday special

GasBandit

GasBandit

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

...I dunno, that's kinda doing it for me.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

...I dunno, that's kinda doing it for me.
The “milk me daddy” just completely killed the mood though.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Maybe for you!

PatrThom

PatrThom

...I dunno, that's kinda mooing it for me.
FTFY

--Patrick

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

That's where I was in

Bubble181

Bubble181

It's a Youtube video but it won't embed properly

And the great thing is, thanks to @Ravenpoe , I can no longer tell if this is real or not.

GasBandit

GasBandit

And the great thing is, thanks to @Ravenpoe , I can no longer tell if this is real or not.
Seems to embed fine to me...

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Don't blame me for any loss of your grasp on reality

GasBandit

GasBandit

This is so stupid

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

If he can walk up to the tree, couldn't he, you know, just pick his bike up and take it with him?

GasBandit

GasBandit

If he can walk up to the tree, couldn't he, you know, just pick his bike up and take it with him?
And that is why it is stupid. I'm pretty sure this video is taking the proverbial piss.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Don't blame me for any loss of your grasp on reality
The sad thing is, that AFAICT, it's actually real, and NOT intended as taking the piss. People are actually talking about this as if it has merit.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Every day we stray further from god's light

GasBandit

GasBandit

Bubble181

Bubble181

I'm looking forward to watching it :-P

figmentPez

figmentPez

GasBandit

GasBandit

MindDetective

MindDetective

GasBandit

GasBandit

Not to cross-contaminate this thread from the funny pictures thread's "we're so old" fest, but...

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Not to cross-contaminate this thread from the funny pictures thread's "we're so old" fest, but...

I've never understood why people find this so fascinating. I don't know how to work a telegraph.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I've never understood why people find this so fascinating. I don't know how to work a telegraph.
I think this kind of thing is interesting when you can almost as easily do the reverse, with old people trying to use new technology. They're just as lost, when young people can use it easily because they're used to it.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I think this kind of thing is interesting when you can almost as easily do the reverse, with old people trying to use new technology. They're just as lost, when young people can use it easily because they're used to it.
That was how the Fine Bros (who fell from grace when they tried to insist they owned the concept of the "reaction youtube video" litigiously) got their start... they gave kids old technology/shows/music, and gave seniors new technology/shows/music, and recorded the fumbling. Then as the kids aged up they introduced Teens react and later still, College kids react.

And I've watched enough old westerns I'm pretty sure I could figure out how to use a telegraph, even if my vocabulary in morse is very limited :p

GasBandit

GasBandit

There are now more videos in this line.

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

figmentPez

figmentPez

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

jwhouk

jwhouk

Needs more cowbell.

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

Audio required (but slightly nsfw)

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

Frank

Frank

Holy fuck is this ever true. Like, so God damned true.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Holy fuck is this ever true. Like, so God damned true.
That's when you put the wallpaper back over the hole and try to pass it off to some other schmuck.

GasBandit

GasBandit

PatrThom

PatrThom

"By dose!"

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

Here's some more of this

PatrThom

PatrThom

Oh man, that flashlight was awesome.

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

Dave

Dave

As a huge fan of Amadeus, I approve of this video.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

As a huge fan of Amadeus, I approve of this video.
It's legit one of my favorite movies.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Not an april fools joke. New Strong Bad Email.

GasBandit

GasBandit

THAT IS NOT HOW YOU DO THAT.

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

PatrThom

PatrThom

THAT IS NOT HOW YOU DO THAT.
Surprised they didn't add a cocktail umbrella at the end.

--Patrick

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

It's legit one of my favorite movies.
I think he means when Mozart was actually around.

Dave

Dave

We need some sort of Dave is old emote.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Hey I think I found a new use for one of them...

Bubble181

Bubble181

Really? Why? It seems a very limited use case, when has anyone ever mentioned that in the past? Isn't this just your own insecurities coming through? :awesome:

chris

chris

Man, Mozart was such a genius he could make a harpsichord sound like a piano.

GasBandit

GasBandit

PatrThom

PatrThom

Looks like someone doesn't know how to follow directions...

--Patrick

PatrThom

PatrThom

Many of you know this face. Some better than others.
No, it is not Brent Spiner. Though I can see how some might think that.

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

I absolutely hated all Tim & Eric projects.

Dave

Dave

Tim & Eric sucks.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Tim & Eric sucks.
I wasn't a huge fan of Tim & Eric but I do like Tim Heidecker. I do think he's quite funny and talented.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I absolutely hated all Tim & Eric projects.
I've never seen any (except for what shows up in memes, of course), but I am literally repulsed by that awkward, Ben Stiller-esque kind of humor, so it's likely I won't be seeking them out.

--Patrick

Celt Z

Celt Z

Now, can I get a group of Little Leaguers to do this...?

GasBandit

GasBandit

I've never seen any (except for what shows up in memes, of course), but I am literally repulsed by that awkward, Ben Stiller-esque kind of humor, so it's likely I won't be seeking them out.

--Patrick
For me, what "meta" humor is, is humor not aimed at making the audience laugh, but making a second auxiliary audience laugh at the first audience. So the "entertainer" shows the most awkward, off-putting, sometimes nauseating thing they can show the "audience," for the amusement of people in-the-know to feel good about how uncomfortable this must be making the normies.

And I hate it.

For example, take this video. This illustrates the problem perfectly. A dude recording his grandfather not being amused by a cringey Tim and Eric skit. That skit was not for his grandfather, it was for the guy filming his grandfather watching it. He is the meta-audience.

I especially dislike it when it invokes more than one level of meta, like the "Tim and Eric write a jingle for Tom Skerritt" skit.

This is a skit where Tim and Eric have duped Tom Skerritt into meeting with them, and they proceed to workshop the laziest, shittiest, most amateur "jingle" to... what... revitalize the aging actor's career? I don't know, and clearly neither does Tom Skerritt. Within 60 seconds he politely shakes their hand and gets up to leave, at which point Tim chides Skerritt "You shouldn't have come in if you weren't going to want to go for it," to which Skerritt simply replies (tactfully), "You didn't do a good job."

It's clear that Skerritt is irritated and uncomfortable at having his time wasted in this manner. He is not amused at all. The "audience" is ostensibly supposed to be amused by Skerritt's irritation and discomfort (which some preadolescent-minded people might be, granted), but most people will then, in turn, be irritated by having to watch all the awkwardness of Skerritt being on the receiving end of this intentionally bad, bad-faith pitch. So who is this for? It's for the meta-audience. The people amused at the discomfort of people who were discomfited by Tom Skerritt's discomfort.

And if this isn't the very definition of pretentious, fart-sniffing bullshit, nothing is.

PatrThom

PatrThom

who is this for? It's for the meta-audience. The people amused at the discomfort of people who were discomfited by Tom Skerritt's discomfort.
This explanation also fits how I feel about the Rickroll.

--Patrick

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

For me, what "meta" humor is, is humor not aimed at making the audience laugh, but making a second auxiliary audience laugh at the first audience. So the "entertainer" shows the most awkward, off-putting, sometimes nauseating thing they can show the "audience," for the amusement of people in-the-know to feel good about how uncomfortable this must be making the normies.

And I hate it.

For example, take this video. This illustrates the problem perfectly. A dude recording his grandfather not being amused by a cringey Tim and Eric skit. That skit was not for his grandfather, it was for the guy filming his grandfather watching it. He is the meta-audience.

I especially dislike it when it invokes more than one level of meta, like the "Tim and Eric write a jingle for Tom Skerritt" skit.

This is a skit where Tim and Eric have duped Tom Skerritt into meeting with them, and they proceed to workshop the laziest, shittiest, most amateur "jingle" to... what... revitalize the aging actor's career? I don't know, and clearly neither does Tom Skerritt. Within 60 seconds he politely shakes their hand and gets up to leave, at which point Tim chides Skerritt "You shouldn't have come in if you weren't going to want to go for it," to which Skerritt simply replies (tactfully), "You didn't do a good job."

It's clear that Skerritt is irritated and uncomfortable at having his time wasted in this manner. He is not amused at all. The "audience" is ostensibly supposed to be amused by Skerritt's irritation and discomfort (which some preadolescent-minded people might be, granted), but most people will then, in turn, be irritated by having to watch all the awkwardness of Skerritt being on the receiving end of this intentionally bad, bad-faith pitch. So who is this for? It's for the meta-audience. The people amused at the discomfort of people who were discomfited by Tom Skerritt's discomfort.

And if this isn't the very definition of pretentious, fart-sniffing bullshit, nothing is.

I thought the Tom Skerritt skit was funny. But I also like pretentious fart-sniffing bullshit.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Sound (track)

jwhouk

jwhouk

The Savannah Bananas. AKA The Harlem Globetrotters of Baseball.

Celt Z

Celt Z

The Savannah Bananas.
Why was I not informed of this sooner???

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Sound (track)

As an asexual fat guy on a diet... this unironically did things for me. I made indecent noises.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Bubble181

Bubble181

It's technically not true, as there's one other scene.

Still funny though.

(And people making this about the Bechdel test in the comments.....Oy. The movies already had a romance subplot introduced that wasn't needed, it definitely didn't need any adaptations to make it more feminist. Yo could genderswap half the cast and it would change absolutely nothing about the content. This isn't what Bechdel invented her test for)

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

figmentPez

figmentPez

GasBandit

GasBandit

Click to animate/sound because imgur sucks

link

GasBandit

GasBandit

Bubble181

Bubble181

Why, yes, I am left handed, what made you suspect?

Emrys

Emrys

So that's what you do at night? Good to know.

And not a surprise. ;)

Celt Z

Celt Z

So that's what you do at night? Good to know.

And not a surprise. ;)
That is NOT how we play Valheim!

GasBandit

GasBandit

That is NOT how we play Valheim!
I mean... it kinda is?

GasBandit

GasBandit

Disagree all you want, Snuffles has seen the evidence.

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

Something like this happened when I was in middle school. Dude just came in off the street and got made substitute teacher for my class for the day. Did all kinds of sketchy shit like change answers on our quizzes, sometimes asking to borrow our pencils so that the changes looked like they came from the students.

I thought it was really odd, and seemed like a wild story.

Apparently it happens more often than I thought?

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

When you try to get an AI to come up with a Phoenix Wright script, and then dub it in one take

Celt Z

Celt Z

The narrator cracking up is my favorite part.

Far

Far

It's little face when it snaps them!

GasBandit

GasBandit

It's little face when it snaps them!
That is the look of a monkey who has been squirted in the face by a green bean.

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

bhamv3

bhamv3

Trying this with my wife right now!

bhamv3

bhamv3

So it turns out my wife, as a non-native English speaker who's grown up in Taiwan, doesn't know about knock knock jokes.

"Knock knock."
"What?"
"You say 'who's there' when I say knock knock."
"Okay, who's there?"
"Europe."
"Okay."
"No, you're supposed to say 'Europe who?'"
"Okay, Europe who?"
"I'm not a poo."
"What?"
"You said I'm a poo."
"No I didn't."
"Europe who sounds like you're a poo."

And then she said it out loud a few times before nodding and saying, "You're right, it does sound like you're a poo."

PatrThom

PatrThom

Your wife is obviously more clever than poo you.

--Patrick

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

So it turns out my wife, as a non-native English speaker who's grown up in Taiwan, doesn't know about knock knock jokes.

"Knock knock."
"What?"
"Okay, who's there?"
"Europe."
"Okay."
"Okay, Europe who?"
"I'm not a poo."
"What?"
"You said I'm a poo."
"No I didn't."

And then she said it out loud a few times before nodding and saying, "You're right, it does sound like you're a poo."
Honestly, this is probably a more successful attempt than the other "Gonna try this on my wife" things you've attempted.

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

evilmike

evilmike

"Knock knock."
"What?"
"Okay, who's there?"
"Europe."
"Okay."
"Okay, Europe who?"
"I'm not a poo."
"What?"
"You said I'm a poo."
"No I didn't."

Now you should explain to her how, these days, baseball players have really crazy names...

Celt Z

Celt Z

Now you should explain to her how, these days, baseball players have really crazy names...
No, Chinese is probably the LAST language you'd want to attempt that joke.

GasBandit

GasBandit

jwhouk

jwhouk

No, Yu is NOT on first. He's a pitcher, he doesn't bat any more.

evilmike

evilmike

drifter

drifter

No, Yu is NOT on first. He's a pitcher, he doesn't bat any more.
Yu's been in the NL since 2017 though. OBP around .112 on 138 plate appearances.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Actually... someone did translate Who's On First into Mandarin.

I actually performed a version of this on visitors' day when I was in the army.

jwhouk

jwhouk

...Didn't get the memo, did you?

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

These just KEEP COMING

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Is it weird that I'm unironically turned on?

PatrThom

PatrThom

Is it weird that I'm unironically turned on?
The videos are weird, yes.
But the fact that you're turned on by them? No.

--Patrick

Celt Z

Celt Z

Poe has some leftover feelings about Martha Generic.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Poe has some leftover feelings about Martha Generic.
1650396835788.png

... maybe

GasBandit

GasBandit

Bobby's Mom has got it goin' on. Dooncha noo.

GasBandit

GasBandit