Former President Trump Thread

You don't say.

There are plenty of takeover folks who do just that, and there are plenty of articles talking about them. They are in the habit of buying businesses based more on the amount of cash they have in the bank rather than any interest in what they do.

--Patrick
Surely, this couldn't possibly be the case in this incident. I simply cannot believe that the majority stakeholder in this investment company would be engaged in behavior like that! What was his name again? Kashner, Kitchner, Korchner? Bah, I just can't think of it! Whatever, I'm sure he learned business from a very stable genius.

So, I wonder how many news outlets have subscribed to Celebrity Big Brother's live feeds and assigned reporters to watch Omarosa around the clock.

Junior trump mouthpiece trying to look cool by saying they fired Omarosa four times. Which means they were dumb enough to HIRE her four times. :rofl:

How do you fire someone... you know what, nevermind, this is dumb. I'm going to just ignore the stupid talking head stuff and just watch the stuff which matters.

Dave

Staff member
Another Trump guy who beats his wife? No way? And I'm not talking about the guy who just resigned, I'm talking about the OTHER guy who just resigned.

Now that the FBI and the DoJ have vetted and approved the Democrats response to the Nunes memo, I'm sure we will see it shortly once, oh trump isn't releasing it? Wonder why.

Third in line at the DoJ just left to go work at Walmart.

Apparently the stream lined (1 page, bullet points, lots of pictures and graphs) daily briefings that trump was getting have become too difficult to deal with, so now trump is getting them read to him, but the readers are skipping sections so as not to displease him.

Now that the FBI and the DoJ have vetted and approved the Democrats response to the Nunes memo, I'm sure we will see it shortly once, oh trump isn't releasing it? Wonder why.

Apparently the stream lined (1 page, bullet points, lots of pictures and graphs) daily briefings that trump was getting have become too difficult to deal with, so now trump is getting them read to him, but the readers are skipping sections so as not to displease him.
How long before he decides going to the bathroom is too difficult and they start changing his diaper?

Awww, American Kim Jong Un doesn't like the news? So sad for him.

So trump doesn't read his briefings but his son in law who has yet to get security clearance does.

The president threatened to define PBS and NPR today.

So trump doesn't read his briefings but his son in law who has yet to get security clearance does.

The president threatened to define PBS and NPR today.
If "threatened" translates to "created a budget proposal that would result in them being defunded" then sure, but you should be aware that a president's proposed budget never survives contact with congress. It's not much more than a series of talking points and as far as I'm aware he doesn't have control over their funding at this point in time.

I'm disappointed his proposal doesn't reduce the deficit, but we were presented with two options in 2016 and I didn't think either of them were interested in the deficit...[DOUBLEPOST=1518473606,1518473502][/DOUBLEPOST]Starting the discussion off by saying, "Let's increase defense and defund public stuff" is pretty much the definition of every republican proposal, though, and starts the discussion in a place where they can "give way" in a lot of areas and still gain a lot. It's always an extremist proposal - just like those authored by the democrats, just in the opposite direction.

From what I saw it's a 4 trillion dollar budget that increases the deficit, and we're giving a shit about less than 1% of the average NPR budget (source)? Admittedly with 12-20% of PBS funding coming from the federal government that could be more devastating, but honestly government spending should be slashed by at least 20% overall.

From what I saw it's a 4 trillion dollar budget that increases the deficit, and we're giving a shit about less than 1% of the average NPR budget (source)? Admittedly with 12-20% of PBS funding coming from the federal government that could be more devastating, but honestly government spending should be slashed by at least 20% overall.
I'm not against cutting budgets, but "cut 20% no matter the organization" is not a smart way to do that. If an organization is already lean, it would devastate it. If it was fat, it needed to be cut and it would be fine, and may even have more fat to trim. I guess if it is the point of a universal 20% cut to kill off the lean organizations, then you'll get what you are after.

Of course, there are some assumptions I am making. I do not think every public organization is equally lean or fat. Nor do I think every organization could tolerate a 20% cut (since they are already running lean enough). So I would prefer a much more thoughtful approach to reducing the budget. We all know it won't work like that, though.

And his top lawyer just retired. And none of the ones who remain have sufficient security clearances to discuss the matters Mueller is looking at.

Giuliani said publicly during his stint with the Trump campaign that no Muslim-led terror attacks had happened on American soil until Obama was in office. He's a little low on my credibility meter these days.