Funny Pictures Thread. It begins again

fade

Staff member
According to some quick research, the slang use of "dick" for penis originates in the 1880s. Meaning these writers knew what they were doing.

Now I haven't had Cable in 4 years, but who the hell is spending $200 a month on tv? Besides the fact that it's hard to even get a round-trip ticket domestic for $200, plus time off work, etc.

Now I haven't had Cable in 4 years, but who the hell is spending $200 a month on tv? Besides the fact that it's hard to even get a round-trip ticket domestic for $200, plus time off work, etc.
DirecTV's highest tier was near that when I worked there. Quite a few folks had it b/c of promotions when they signed up. I think my sister and bro-in-law have it + the NHL center ice thing for >100 per season, and who knows what else. It's a shit-ton of money that folks could put in a retirement fund or get out of debt, etc.

fade

Staff member
Blech. No thanks. I pay for Netflix and Hulu. I guess you could include the ISP in that as well, but that was sunk cost. I got a huge aluminum antenna from craigslist for free, which I mounted in my attic. I pointed it towards downtown with a compass, and get over a hundred channels (most of them in Spanish, Chinese, or Vietnamese). But there are some great over the air channels, like Comet and Movies! and GetTV.

Blech. No thanks. I pay for Netflix and Hulu. I guess you could include the ISP in that as well, but that was sunk cost. I got a huge aluminum antenna from craigslist for free, which I mounted in my attic. I pointed it towards downtown with a compass, and get over a hundred channels (most of them in Spanish, Chinese, or Vietnamese). But there are some great over the air channels, like Comet and Movies! and GetTV.
Yeah, but that only works in larger cities, us folk out here in the boonies are lucky to get 3 channels with an antenna. We can pick up a NBC affiliate, an ABC affiliate, and a FOX affiliate. No CBS (no matter what they claim), PBS and like 4 local religious based broadcasts.

Yeah, but that only works in larger cities, us folk out here in the boonies are lucky to get 3 channels with an antenna. We can pick up a NBC affiliate, an ABC affiliate, and a FOX affiliate. No CBS (no matter what they claim), PBS and like 4 local religious based broadcasts.
According to some website, my town does not receive any terrestrial TV stations.

I'm confused about the gas station wine thing. Because of our odd liquor laws, most gas stations can't sell alcohol. Where are people getting this wine? Are they drinking from the pumps? Is that gas station "wine"?

figmentPez

Staff member
I'm confused about the gas station wine thing. Because of our odd liquor laws, most gas stations can't sell alcohol. Where are people getting this wine? Are they drinking from the pumps? Is that gas station "wine"?
Maybe it's sour grapes, they hate it because they can't have it.