[Rant] Fudge! Fudge, fudge fudgety fudge fudge, mother fudging fudge!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been summoned twice and both times it was canceled when I called the night before.

Worst comes to worse, you could always pretend to be racist.

Called twice. First time dismissed after sitting in a room all day. Second time was selected, sat through the whole case, and then randomly chosen as the 13th member of the jury, and thus excused from deliberation.

It was a stupid case.

But, hey, free lunch and a show.

Once called, but excused. Once called, but my group wasn't selected for the jury pool. Once came in, sat most of the day, then excused. Once selected, went to trial, over that same day. Interestingly, once it was over, a bunch of people gathered around the prosecutors asking questions, but when the PDs asked if anyone had any questions for them, the jurors just kind of stared blankly, then turned their attentions back to the prosecuters. Kinda felt bad for them.

I am dreading my first jury duty date. Mostly because A.) The court system is a sham & B.) It's going to be on my free-day I FREAKIN' KNOW IT!

To this day I've only been called for jury duty once, and it was for a state that I no longer lived in. My wife, on the other hand, has been called twice. First time she selected for jury duty, but then that trial was postponed, so they had her wait around another 3 days to see if they'd need to use her for any other cases, and then let her go after a week spend not doing anything; the second time she showed up and was all ready for the selection process to begin, but the judge had to recuse herself from the case and then the defendant pleaded guilty and they sent the jurors home after about... 20 minutes, all told.

I have been called several times in NJ. The first few times we all reported the first day, went home after about 2 hours, then got told not to come for the rest of the week. I got selected for a jury once. The case was settled behind closed door later that day and we never had to actually sit for it. In CA I got a few notices, but I got out of it since I am primary caregiver to my kids.

Called once. Was out of the country. Got the letter when I got back into the country. 6 weeks after the trial.

I believe they put out a warrant for my arrest or something since I didn't show.

Got called once but they had selected the entire jury before getting through even half of the candidates.

Called once, picked for the jury, spent a week going to the trial, wound up having to acquit an obviously guilty robber because the state didn't have any evidence definitively tying the kid to the crime.

I can check that for ya, right quick. *grins*
Well, it was about 14 years ago in Texas so... :p

Seriously though, does that sound crazy? I really remember coming back from Europe and having a letter saying since I had failed to show there was a warrant for my arrest. They dismissed it as soon as I went to the courthouse to tell the clerk but I am 99% sure they issued a warrant.

Well, it was about 14 years ago in Texas so... :p

Seriously though, does that sound crazy? I really remember coming back from Europe and having a letter saying since I had failed to show there was a warrant for my arrest. They dismissed it as soon as I went to the courthouse to tell the clerk but I am 99% sure they issued a warrant.
Dude, that makes you a badass now!

I was called and picked for a case. It should have been straight forward but this one woman was going against the rest of us. We came really close to being sequestered overnight.

I got called for jury duty right before I was about to move out of the state, so they said they'd forward it on. New state didn't try to call me until a week before I was about to move out of the county. New county was right on the ball, but I didn't actually have to go in (woo!). So hoping I don't get called again, because the county courthouse where I live is an hour away in a city that I do not know my way around at all, and I hate driving anywhere that I do not know.

I got called twice. Both times I sat and read until I was told I could leave. I guess it was still a paid day off, of sorts.

--Patrick

I have been called 5 times, never served. They always choose another group or cancel. I feel like the next time I get a summons it's definitely going to trial with my group, and it will take forever. You know, to balance it all out.

Status
Not open for further replies.