Free Comic Book Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saturday, May 1. http://freecomicbookday.com

I found that just one comic book store on this island is participating (I think there are only 2 shops total), so I'll postpone tonight's attendance of The Losers to go tomorrow and consolidate everything into one bus trip.

*sob* Free Comic Book Day, my ass. I spent almost $100. Mind you, I have some extra money to throw around at the moment, after getting the second half of my students loans (and the school was already paid quite awhile ago).

My haul:
-Freebies: Atomic Robo, Winter Guard, Batman & Robin #1, Human Target #1, Kabuki #1
-Trades 40% off: Tales of the Sinestro Corps, Annhilation Volumes 1-3
-New trades (double credit on the Buy 10, Get 1 free account): Hack/Slash Omnibus Vol. 1.

Goddamn them.

I got nothing. The guy in the store said he didn't have time to get his "stuff" together (he used a swear word) and would participate in a couple of weeks, but no hard date, so I have to keep calling to find out when, as it takes over an hour to get there (and in two weeks, I'll be on a cruise and unable to visit the shop). He said he couldn't do it next week, as he's organizing a special screening of Iron Man 2 and claims that "no one will care about free comics at that time" even though he acknowledges that it is the fans who would be willing to see a film at 9am on a Saturday.

S

Soliloquy

I got the free Atomic Robo and the free reprint of Issue 1 of The Tick. Didn't buy anything, though.

due to the volcanic clusterfuck, my local comic shops had real trouble getting stuff in, so free comic book day was limited to much less than what should have arrived. so much so that the guys ended up packing random back-issues in with what was left. that said, i got uh... the doctor solar thing and the reprinting of fables #1. the alternative was archie comics. yeah. it was that iffy. on the bright side, nearly finished collecting the sandman trades!

Status
Not open for further replies.