Frank Paints Warhammer (also Reaper Bones)

Got back into Warhammer 40k. With the new CEO has been making big improvements with the company like, gasp, discounting models. The get started boxes offer a pretty good value. So I'm in on Cult Mechanicus. A buddy gave me his old Ahriman so I painted him up too.

Nice job on the Ahriman, I really like the details on the robe.

I went in the Bones II Kickstarter last year (right before my financial situation took a nosedive, ofc). The payoff should happen by the end of the year. Looking forward to the few hundred minis my wife will force me to paint :D

I still need to add more layers to the base on the robots and do more touch-ups and do the edge highlighting on the guy on the right, it's where I left off last night.

Nice job on the Ahriman, I really like the details on the robe.

I went in the Bones II Kickstarter last year (right before my financial situation took a nosedive, ofc). The payoff should happen by the end of the year. Looking forward to the few hundred minis my wife will force me to paint :D
I still have a crate of the first Kickstarter. And I got nearly every option. True story, not a month ago, I was going through it and realized that I was missing a leg on one of the biggest models in the set. The huge dragon lich. So I shot off an email to Reaper about buying a replacement because after so many years I couldn't expect them to just send me one for free....which is exactly what they did. Not only that but they sent me one of those 3 paint sets they do that compliment each other as a sample. Reaper is an awesome company.

Last edited:
I need to get more of my stuff painted to where I feel comfortable taking pictures.

Also definitely show us the table as you go and when you finish.

Wood's still sitting in my garage. I haven't had the gumption to paint much or do much hobbying, much to the dismay of my buddy who's been egging me on to get on it. When a pal gets here next week with my Renegade box set and my order from Gamemat.eu arrives around the same time (terrain and a mat), I'll probably get off my ass and get on with it.

You may be wondering why the legs are backwards. The table is more stable this way.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

So, in a sweet 2016 move, right after I painstakingly paint an Ahriman model, GW announces a new one, along with a shitload of UUUUUUUUUUUUUUHmazing looking Thousand Sons models. My wallet is about to get supremely assaulted. I'm in, 1000% in.

Ahriman hisself

Also, oh yeah, a Magnus the Red, Daemon Primarch of Tzeentch model.

He's bigger than an Imperial Knight.

They are gorgeous models. A friend of mine is going to be getting them, and I'm looking forward to having my wolves face them across the table.[DOUBLEPOST=1479864967,1479864620][/DOUBLEPOST]@Frank did you get the Prospero box, with the pre-heresy Arhiman?

Not yet, I think I'm just gonna snag one on a trade/sell group. I don't really want to pay that much for that many models I'll never use.

My LGS just sent me this photo:

Mah body is ready.

(He gives an extra 10% off the sticker price for long time customers too, so, 20% under GW normal prices)

Haven't had much hobby progress lately. Was at a buddy's house building some of my Thousand Sons stuff while he assembled his old/new Warhound Titan.

Then I stuck his Imperial Knight body on the legs of his Warhound. BEST IMPERIAL KNIGHT.

15778545_10154751113775586_35384151_o.jpg

I may as well post the rest of the crap I was working on.

(PSSSS, Pay no attention to the Primarch Vulkan hanging out in the back of most of these pictures)

Tzaangors and a Terminator Sorcerer.

15778265_10154751674140586_350483987_o.jpg

My new Cerastus Atrapos. (The armor plates are stuck on with gum, gonna paint them first before full assembly).

15778549_10154751286515586_1785910034_o.jpg

My other buddy was working on his Orks, which are future works of art.

This one stepped on a grot.

15748811_10154751452365586_276699565_o.jpg

And this one is showing off his new big shoota codpiece.

15748997_10154751456895586_1329940071_o.jpg

Big thanks to @Covar

I got Ahriman today and put him together immediately. Now, I just have to start painting my enormous pile of grey Thousand Sons.

unnamed.jpg
[DOUBLEPOST=1491895831,1491895765][/DOUBLEPOST]I'm really fond of the hand out psychic casting pose. Also, Ahriman coming with a dead Space Wolf to stand on is the coolest thing ever.

I'm really impressed by the amount of detail you're painting on these guys. How big are they? They must be quite small because I can't imagine that the paint bottles they're next to are very large.

Are you using a magnifying glass?

I haven't painted anything since that Magnus the Red. I have all the time in the world right now and I have no energy to do it either. Sad. Good for you Henry you continuously proven enormous fucking nerd.

Built the new Illuminor Szeras (next to the old one for size comparison). Legit one of the most annoying GW models I've ever built. So many tiny, tiny, fragile thin bits of plastic. Several of which broke in the sprue. I managed to glue them generally in place but holy shit, this whole guy was one of the biggest pains in the asses I've ever built. Night and day compared to the Indomitus Necrons who were a joy.

1597521705662.png

I'm betting the new monoliths deathrays will be mini versions of some sort. I doubt it will carry more firepower than a warhound.

Getting more and more built. Gonna have enough for a 2000 point game after I finish building skeletons. I still have 30 left.

20230604_015334.jpg

20230604_035843.jpg