Fox News Blames Mr. Rogers For Ruining Kids

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you fucking kidding me?

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

Fox News has to be one of the worst networks of all time, especially shows like "Fox and Friends."

I'm sorry... but Mr. Rogers is probably one a very few that you could say that the world is a genuinely better place for having them in it. The man was a literal saint. To attack him is to attack the concept of genuine, pure, unselfish goodness in a world that is full of nothing but hate and misery. Fuck you Fox and Friends.

That was painful to watch. I liked how they read the letter from the woman who called for actual PARENTING, said she was right, and went back to the original idea.

I feel like we need something in this thread to counteract the Fox News bullcrap in the original post.

I

Iaculus

... Huh, so Fox News finally declared war on the Internet? Took them long enough.

P

Philosopher B.

Mr. Rogers was a fucking GANGSTER. I made a 'shop and everything. Unfortunately, it is long lost now. I should do another!

W

Wasabi Poptart

I wonder if the people who are talking, who are in my age group rather than a "younger" generation, realize Mr. Rogers told THEM the exact same thing. Blame everyone except the ones who cause the problem in the first place: parents.

Logic doesn't matter to them. The important part is that they criticize and villify the next generation, because that's what idiots do. They find something to complain about, then declare the newest generation to be the worst. It was done to them by baby boomers, and it will continue.

Cajungal

Staff member
....Did I hear "Louisiana State University?" :eek:rly: Fuck, I can't want to get the hell out of here.

I am in awe. Mr. Rogers is the man. Fox and Friends leaves me feeling dirty about the state of television. It's much like how Jon Stewart felt about Crossfire. An utter waste of time.

C

Chibibar

Mr. Rogers?? seriously?? I love that show. It is a whole lot better than the crap TV is pumping out these days. I hardly watch normal TV anymore.

M

Matt²

Mister Rogers told kids that they were special because they would likely never hear it from the people that it mattered the most from : their parents!
So kudos, Mister Rogers, for being a good guy!

Mister Rogers told kids that they were special because they would likely never hear it from the people that it mattered the most from : their parents!
So kudos, Mister Rogers, for being a good guy!
But that evil child did not earn the right to be special. /RightWingNut

No one is special until they can contribute $100,000.00 to SaraPalinPac2012.

Cajungal

Staff member
Why do they assume that "you are special" automatically translates to "you deserve a free ride?" This reminds me of the thread about those kids who pissed off that blogger because they were giving away free lemonade.

Why do they assume that "you are special" automatically translates to "you deserve a free ride?" This reminds me of the thread about those kids who pissed off that blogger because they were giving away free lemonade.
Because it's easier to attack something they don't understand by using absolutes.
Liberal= bad
Sharing= communism
Public Television= Tools of Liberals

I need to watch and study this show to develop a spanish version for our public TV. Really, I've only read good things about his show, and I really love the ideas behind it.

The Apollo Mission is the cause of the sense of entitlement in the new generation. Before the Apollo Mission all Americans were true Americans, who worked hard for no pay and took it up the *** from the man. Then after the great accomplishment of humanity, everything went down hill.

That is essentially the same argument that Fox is using. Non-causality of coincidence, pick an event that has the GenX start date and blame that on all of America's problems. Even though those same issues have always existed.

Necronic

Staff member
Seriously, because there aren't lazy f-off's in every generation. Frankly, in my experience, my generation is very ambitious and motivated. The only "problem" we have is that we have very little respect for authority. By that I mean that we don't assume that since someone is older than us or has been in a position longer than us that they know what they are doing, or deserve the position they have. We also will never be company men. We know that companies chew people up and throw them away capriciously, and unlike our parents we have no interest in showing our loyalty to companies that we know won't return the favor. A gold watch is meaningless to us.

People also complain because we are generation now, as in I want it now. I have seen some of that, but what I also see is highly ambitious young professionals who are held back due to seniority and status quo, and not due to talent. That IS people thinking they are special, that they can hold their positions for no other reason than they've been there longer.

There are few people in the world who seem, to me anyway, to be genuinely good, in a manner that is sincere and completely devoid of irony. Right now, I cannot think of one who isn't Mr. Rogers.

Fuck Fox News. Fuck them and everyone who looks like them. Fuck them and the horse they rode in on.

Status
Not open for further replies.