Fox News affilliate Insults bronies, calls them freaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The error here is taking a term that had been coined for a community, and using it to describe another, way more fucked up community.

"A group of people calling themselves GAMERS have begun filing for disability so that they can play Halo all day."

... I take that back, that probably happened.

I have a question no ones been asking. How the hell would you be granted disability for that bullshit?!

ElJuski

Staff member
So My Little Pony is the new ironic dumbshit thing internet nerds are driving into the ground? And then the garbage media is making a fuss about it? OH NO

ALSO--Why would a man who wears a shirt that says "Genius At Work" spend his time watching a children's cartoon?

(For the uninitiated to good cartoons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9jVG61x3qk )

figmentPez

Staff member
Wait, the fad is to like MLP ironically? This whole time I've just been enjoying it for what it is. *sigh* I'll never be one of the cool kids.

P

pgurney

I can't stand Fox News. Rather than just reporting the truth, if it's not juicy enough, they'll make it up.
On the other hand, I think they all do that anyway.

I'm sorry, but if you're a grown man who loves a cartoon aimed primarily at prepubescent girls, you deserve all the ridicule the world can give you.

W

Wasabi Poptart

Every time I read this my brain inserts a letter and I think "Why would FOX pick on innocent little Brownies?!? Oh. Bro-nies. Yeah."

P

Philosopher B.

Fox News fucking blows, some people take fandom to extremes, MLP is a harmless silly cartoon that some people get a kick out of.

The End

*Roll credits*

Your first post saying that didn't get the reaction you were looking for?
The first time, I said they deserved ridicule. Then I read more of this thread, and it became clear that they not only deserve ridicule, they deserve ALL THE RIDICULE THERE IS AND EVER WILL BE. The universe will have to constantly make more, burning out stars just to fuel the shame these sad fucks should be feeling.

P

Philosopher B.

What if you dress up in a hat and apron and make believe you're Mrs. Nesbit? There's nothing strange about that, is there?

Because I have totally not done that.

GasBandit

Staff member
How do you feel about people who are Bronies and Trekkies?
My first impulse is to forcefully assert that they MUST NOT BE ALLOWED TO BREED... but then I remembered who we're talking about, and I don't think that'll be an issue.

This is also NOT FoxNews, but a local St. Louis affiliate. Also, every single freaking "news" outlet seems to do the same type of whack-job reporting about San Diego Comicon, or whatever major local show is in the area.
Really? Cons? That's pathetic. I guess it depends on the town. Odd roadkill was considered a fast news day for my hometown.
Added at: 18:30
It usually doesn't.
Ha! It's funny, because no one listens to Null. Hi-larious.
So Null, how do you feel about grown men that sit around all night playing make believe over a game of dice?

Just about everyone here has some stupid, nerdy, uncool habit in their life...

You made your derisive point. Keep moving on.
This is Null's place. If Null moves on, Null has nowhere.

And his disdain is powerful.
Depends what they are make believing really.
It's just like religion!
Out of curiosity, was the term bronies created by the community it describes, and if not have they accepted/adopted it, or is it an external term others use?
I like Firefly, but I wouldn't want to be associated with Browncoats, because I'm not obsessive. I'd put the same to MLP, Star Wars... any fandom, honestly. I dislike that if there is an obsessive fanbase with a title, by liking the same thing, you're dumped in with that extreme end of the spectrum. That's what creates the hipster perspective, where they like it before it's cool and then cease to like it.

ElJuski

Staff member
It's not the "dude watches a cartoon about ponies" that's annoying; it's the "LOOK AT ME LOL PONIES LOL SEE THEYRE SO CUTE LOL LOL DO YOU SEE HOW AWESOME IT IS THAT WE WATCH PONIES!?!?!" that is annoying.

Same thing with everything on the internet; a bunch of nerds think they're funny, when in reality, they're not.

It's not the "dude watches a cartoon about ponies" that's annoying; it's the "LOOK AT ME LOL PONIES LOL SEE THEYRE SO CUTE LOL LOL DO YOU SEE HOW AWESOME IT IS THAT WE WATCH PONIES!?!?!" that is annoying.

Same thing with everything on the internet; a bunch of nerds think they're funny, when in reality, they're not.
No worse than the people who feel the need to march in and announce their superiority. There are jackasses on both sides of this particular discussion.

ElJuski

Staff member
No worse than the people who feel the need to march in and announce their superiority. There are jackasses on both sides of this particular discussion.
I wouldn't be a pompous asshole if the internet--and, I guess, Fox News--wouldn't keep shoving this shit down my throat. My only response is to lash out at the internet; I am not the internet poster bronies and other obsessive dorks want--I'm the internet poster bronies and other obsessive dorks need.

This is also why I spend most of my time off forums these days.

J

Jiarn

I'm pretty sure you'd still be a pompous asshole without the internet. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.