Forum Cosplay

I don't think there is already a specific thread for forum members cosplay, other than specific people's threads and posting in the general picture thread, so I'm gonna start one I guess? Feel free to merge elsewhere if needed. :)

My daughter's Fluttershy is almost done.

image-578445664.jpg

I finished my Rainbow Dash last night, but don't have pics yet.

Man... I was hoping this was about cosplaying AS other people on the forum.

The disappointment was soothed by the adorable, though.

This is the closest I've come to cosplay, and probably the closest I'll ever get. (Previously posted in the New Pictures thread)

I am not sure it counts, but I am trying to figure out how to afford/justify a 501st stormtrooper costume. But i can't justify min $1000 when I owe $12000 on a car and want to buy a house someday.

The only way I figure I could afford it is if I won the lottery.
But a man can dream, a man can dream.

You guys look so great!!!

Here's my first cosplay. Not sure I've posted before (I probably have somewhere):

My friend from another forum (back in 2008) got me and Twiggy to go out to SDCC, and she also got me to agree to cosplaying Ed to go with her fantastic Faye. This was put together in maybe 5 minutes. She picked up a t-shirt and a pair of leggings from a thrift shop and cut them them after I put them on. Wig from her Aprile cosplay, and boyfriend's goggles. Bam, instant cosplay.
Now that I know a little more about posing and such, I would have not stuffed my face into the blanket, but this is still a favorite. :)

Last edited:
I'm kind of considering doing a Samwell Tarly cosplay for the Garden State Comic Con next month. I've got a long-sleeve black t-shirt I can use for part of it, but that leaves black gloves (easily acquired), black trousers, black boots, and a furry black cloak, and maybe a quilted black vest - probably just use a moving blanket for that.

I decided that an outfit consisting of four layers of black clothing, including a quilted blanket and fuzzy cloak, was probably a bad choice for the end of July, when it will definitely be super hot and humid.

Instead I'm going to do Marvel Comics' Fred Dukes, aka The Blob. Navy cargo pants, black Doc Marten-type Sketchers, Brotherhood of Evil Mutants T-shirt, vest, fingerless gloves, prop weapon - a wrapping paper tube painted to look like galvanized metal (ie a fence post) with a styrofoam cinderblock at the end.

My daughter wants to be Teen Titans Starfire for Halloween now, and I have to decide if I should let her midrift it or put fleshtone fabric in the middle. Practically speaking, I should probably go with fleshtone fabric, just because of weather. Though I could just get a fleshtone unitard for trick or treating purposes so she could potentially use it at Denver Comic Con and not die/melt. Though, she's 10, and I worry about other people yelling at me for sexualizing her, because blah blah blah. I am debating being Raven, but I have gained 15 pounds this year so I hate all costumes right now.

GasBandit

Staff member
My daughter wants to be Teen Titans Starfire for Halloween now, and I have to decide if I should let her midrift it or put fleshtone fabric in the middle. Practically speaking, I should probably go with fleshtone fabric, just because of weather. Though I could just get a fleshtone unitard for trick or treating purposes so she could potentially use it at Denver Comic Con and not die/melt. Though, she's 10, and I worry about other people yelling at me for sexualizing her, because blah blah blah. I am debating being Raven, but I have gained 15 pounds this year so I hate all costumes right now.
That's quite the dilemma. Were it me, I'd say fleshtone undershirt/unitard.

yes, just yes. dont worry about what anyone else thinks about any of this do what you think is right. but i think that would be adorable,

GasBandit

Staff member
Also every time this thread pops up in my watched threads list, I have to do a double take because my brain juxtaposes the first syllables and I go "wha? Cosum Foreplay?"

Yeah, the fleshtone should be the way to go for the weather alone. When I was 10 I went as the Little Mermaid for Halloween, and we made a long-sleeve, flesh colored top that attached to the tail and shells for the same reasons (10 yrs old, cold weather).
You be Raven because you are awesome. F*** the 15 lbs.

And speaking of cosplay: I will be so happy to get this friggin' wig done. I have never had to build a wig before and it is slowly making me crazy.

GasBandit

Staff member
Yeah, the fleshtone should be the way to go for the weather alone. When I was 10 I went as the Little Mermaid for Halloween, and we made a long-sleeve, flesh colored top that attached to the tail and shells for the same reasons (10 yrs old, cold weather).
You be Raven because you are awesome. F*** the 15 lbs.

And speaking of cosplay: I will be so happy to get this friggin' wig done. I have never had to build a wig before and it is slowly making me crazy.
Would you say... you are...

... wigging out?

Look guys, I'm just saying my husband would get laid a lot more often if he wore his 10th Doctor suit every day.

Wait, that's not what we were talking about was it?

[emoji79][DOUBLEPOST=1443218392,1443218047][/DOUBLEPOST]Well, I figure since you already know about my forum twin, @Celt Z and her role play fetishes, you might as well know about mine too.