Former President Trump Thread

Part of the reason I avoid saying his name is my love of playing cards and don't want to sully that further by association. If he fucking patents that thing I will be livid during my next euchre game, and it won't be Scumos fault this time.

So, how long before fanatical right wingers start harassing anyone who doesn't have one of these cards?
Many prominent American Conservatives practice defensive projection, throwing out accusations and publicly railing against behavior that they themselves are later found to have been doing all along.
Why am I quoting my older post? Well...

--Patrick

Anyone remember back in the 90s when you could go to bookstores and buy completely useless plastic cards to put in your wallet? Like "Official Burger Eater" or "FBI Agent"
I remember when you could order a red, white, & blue metal Social Security card out of the back of "Women's Day" magazine or whatever.

--Patrick

Anyone remember back in the 90s when you could go to bookstores and buy completely useless plastic cards to put in your wallet? Like "Official Burger Eater" or "FBI Agent"
I had a friend back then who had a card in his wallet that said "FBI (Female Body Inspector)".

He was also proudly and openly gay, so I think someone had gotten him that card as a gag gift, and he found it funny enough to carry around all the time.

The French Revolution turned into The Terror when people wanted more and more executions, and stopped listening to the leaders of the Revolution. Eventually many of those extremist Revolutionary leaders who whipped up the mob and called for blood ended up getting the guillotine themselves.

It’s amazing how little humanity has changed in the last 200+ years.

instead of the fight we should be betting how many times Trump mentions the “stolen election” during his fight commentary.

So I looked up the fight, and the story behind it is kinda crazy.

First, the fight promoters don't put on fights, they put on circuses. Someone already mentioned Logan Paul, that kind of crap. This fight was originally supposed to be in California, and was going to be Oscar De La Hoya vs Vitor Belfort. De La Hoya is a former champ, and Belfort isn't a boxer, he's an MMA fighter, and both are past their prime, so this was just meant to be spectacle. But California wouldn't sanction the fight, so they changed venues to a state that doesn't mind hosting super spread events: Florida.

Then De La Hoya got covid and had to drop out last second. Meanwhile, Evander Holyfield has been in litigation against the fight promoters for breach of contract because the fights they keep promising him keep falling through. Holyfield is like a billion years old in boxer years, so if he wants to get paid he basically just does these types of stunts. So since they need a fighter, now he's in, and maybe they can avoid getting sued (probably not).

As for Trump, best I can tell he's not going to be an actual commentator. Instead, for people who pay extra for what I assume is going to be the ultra patriot freedom maga package, you can watch the fight with "alternate commentary" with Don and Don Jr rambling incoherently into a microphone.

"I was almost a professional punching guy! I was coming up the ranks of the punching guys when I was young next to this guy called Cassius and a lot of people, a lot of people were saying I was better than him! Believe me, a lot of people were like wow, this guy's the best I've ever seen! But I didn't want to do that, who does that? Get paid to punch people in the head? And they hit back! They don't just stand there and let you hit them, no, they try to fight and they hit you back! Well, I said I didn't want to get hit back! Unlike with Hilary and her emails, she never hit back! It was easy! I was expecting to be hit back and then nothing came and I was like c'mon! Hit me back! But it never happened , y'know? Anyway, the election was totally stolen from me, everyone agrees, so I don't know why I haven't been made president again. We need to investigate what happened, but not have the loser Democrats investigate, that wouldn't work. *continues stream of consciousness for the entire fight*"

Last edited: