Former President Trump Thread

They don't expect to get any of that money back. This is literally just a tax write-off for a $100b dollar company. On the other hand, if the appeal gets denied (and it probably will), then all the money will be collected fairly quickly through collections.

Trump and Trumpists take control of RNC
Donald Trump’s newly installed leadership team at the Republican National Committee on Monday began the process of pushing out dozens of officials [...] the expectation is that more than 60 RNC staffers who work across the political, communications and data departments will be let go. Those being asked to resign include five members of the senior staff, though the names were not made public.
“There won’t be a RNC operation to help the greater party. They don’t care about the greater party,” said a former RNC official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to protect future job prospects. “The RNC is important to lots of people in down-ballot elections. They’re cutting off any service that doesn’t provide help to anyone but Donald Trump. It’s just all about Trump.”
Two days later: ‘Make the RNC White Again’: GOP Ends Minority Outreach Program
the [new] RNC claims [it will] will curb excessive spending and steer as much money as possible to supporting Donald Trump’s campaign. [...] Instead of going after minority voters, the RNC apparently plans to remake itself even more in Trump’s image.
Can we claim that any kind of "quiet part" even still exists any more?

--Patrick

figmentPez

Staff member
Trump used the word "bloodbath" in a speech recently, and now social media is abuzz talking about it.

For once I think it's being taken out of context. Trump was talking about the automobile industry, China building cars in Mexico and then selling them to America with lower taxes than if they were coming from China, or something. He said that if democrats win there will be a bloodbath. If you look up "bloodbath" in the dictionary, you'll see one of it's most common non-literal uses is about the stock market. Trump was very clearly talking about how bad things would be for the automobile industry without him in power.

He's probably lying about some of those details, and he's absolutely wrong about being good for the economy, but there's no reason to suspect that this specific remark was a threat of violence. Trump is an idiot who has no concept of framing or word choice. He rambles and says whatever comes into his head. His dog whistles aren't clever double-meanings.

I don't think he deserves credit for actually having context that could explain his statement. Usually when his follower claim "but you're taking it out of context" there is no context. They cannot explain how what he said wasn't what he actually said, because he's a big dumb-dumb who says the quiet part out loud. It actually makes him look stupider for this to be an unintentionally horrible choice of words, and since being dumb as a sack of wadded up fast food wrappers is typical of Dolt 45, I'm going to assume that the dumbest explanation is the most likely one.

"the bond insurance guys don't want to take real estate as cover, only stocks and cash"
You don't have that much in stocks? Really? Bad investments ahoy. Always diversify.
So sell some of those properties at a loss. Heck, with his sort of supposed friends I'd imagine he'd have millionaires lining up to buy some of his real estate at decent prices.
... What do you mean half his friends' accounts have been frozen due to Ukraine sanctions ?

Heck, with his sort of supposed friends I'd imagine he'd have millionaires lining up to buy some of his real estate at decent prices.
1710827726488.png

...if there's anyone who doesn't know who Mark Levin is, he is someone who, in this tweet, is unironically expressing genuine outrage that no billionaire is stepping up to do what Mr. Levin no doubt considers their "duty" to help out a fellow...billionaire? Mark has previously gone on record as saying that he thinks the charges against Mr. Trump are bogus and that the Democrats are only trying to oust Trump in order to institute a totalitarian government. I don't know why he is expecting what amounts to charity from billionaires, though. After all, they didn't get to be billionaires through generosity.

--Patrick