Flubber

[CONTAINER][POSTER]
[/POSTER][MOVIE]Title: Flubber

Tagline: Catch it if you can!

Genre: [GENRE]Comedy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE], [GENRE]Family[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Les Mayfield[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Robin Williams[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Marcia Gay Harden[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Christopher McDonald[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Raymond J. Barry[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Clancy Brown[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Nancy Olson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ted Levine[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Wil Wheaton[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Edie McClurg[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jodi Benson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Leslie Stefanson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Malcolm Brownson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Benjamin Brock[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dakin Matthews[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Zack Zeigler[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sam Lloyd[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]1997-11-26[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]93[/RUNTIME]

Plot: [PLOT]Professor Phillip Brainard, an absent minded professor, works with his assistant Weebo, trying to create a substance that's a new source of energy and that will save Medfield College where his sweetheart Sara is the president. He has missed his wedding twice, and on the afternoon of his third wedding, Professor Brainard creates flubber, which allows objects to fly through the air.[/PLOT][/MOVIE][/CONTAINER]

I haven't seen this yet.
I don't want to, either. Which is a shame. I like Robin Williams, respect him greatly. I just feel like this movie would've been better as a vehicle for...I dunno, Ben Stiller, maybe.

--Patrick

Necronic

Staff member
Robin Williams is always terrible when he plays a whimsical character. His best roles are more serious (Good Will Hunting, Awakenings), although some of his worst roles are when they try to be serious and accidentally make a comedy (Bicentennial Man)

I think this is part of what Williams has called the "contract from Hell" with Disney. His contract for Aladdin included a mandatory three other movies that I don't think he had much say in. On the bright side, it did also allow him to choose one project, which turned out to be What Dreams May Come, one of my favourite movies of all time for very personal reasons.