Flash

So with Flash on its way out, is there any plans on this forum regarding Flash?

My browser now blocks all Flash plugins.

GasBandit

Staff member
Currently, I think only the Arcade absolutely depends on flash. The embeds for media are pretty much all migrated to HTML5 already. But I don't think there's anything that can be done to convert over the Arcade, that's something each game's authors would have to do.

Dave

Staff member
Yeah, the arcade will probably go bye bye but other than that nothing much will change. So get your scores in now!

There's a Flash bug that gets loaded on every page, too.
At least, that's what my plug-in keeps trying to tell me.

--Patrick

Ok, I'm done. I've uninstalled Flash player on my main PC. With stuff like this showing up so frequently, I'm just done with it.
The only reason I'm not uninstalling Silverlight is because I never installed it in the first place.
According to a blog post published Monday by researchers from security firm FireEye, the new Angler attacks are significant because they're the first exploits found in the wild that successfully pierce the mitigations [such as EMET and DEP]
--Patrick

Welp Apple's gone and done it.
Buncha software updates were released today for phones 'n' stuff, but also an update to the Safari browser.
Safari now no longer supports Flash.
It's the beginning of the end.

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
My wife of ten years ago would be very sad, but she hasn't played it in quite a while.

A reminder to uninstall Flash from your machine today to head off annoying OS behaviors starting tomorrow.

--Patrick

Tomorrow is when things like the auto-update script are gonna start choking because of Adobe back-end changes, with full cessation on the 12th.

--Patrick