[Gaming] Fallout 76 Info Dump

You don't even need script kiddies to do it, apparently there's an in-game bug that will give you permanent god mode. The guy isn't happy about it, though, because he says there's a bunch of game features that now don't work because he never loses HP. He also says he's reported it to Bethesda, but it's been nearly a week now, and there's been no substantive response.
With Bethesda games, you always have to install the unofficial patches. They're that buggy. If the game CAN'T be because it's online, STAY AWAY!!!

PC Gamer didn’t like it.
My mistake, it was PC World I was thinking of:
Fallout 76 is not strictly unplayable, but after 30-odd hours wasted in this West Virginia wasteland I’m calling it. Time of death, around 2 a.m. on November 19 [...] there’s little-to-no instancing, Bethesda also treats every environment as a live-fire range at all times. What if some other player enters the building? There needs to be enemies for them to fight, right? And so what happens is you’ll be deep in some desolate ruin, trawling for trash, when suddenly all 20 or 30 enemies you meticulously killed will just respawn and start attacking you again.
--Patrick

I wish I had been wrong about this game. I don't think I was wrong about this game.
I wonder if Bethesda is in financial trouble, because this game smells of desperation, reusing assets for a quick turnaround, using an idea I assume they've had shelved for awhile considering the survival game trend fell out of favor years ago.

The more of a shitshow this becomes, the more convinced I am that someone in WV state government was involved in production. :p

They advertised the canvas bag up until release. Then, deftly, on release day, changed it to a nylon bag on the website. Many websites that sell shit still show the original canvas bag ad.

Bethesda is scum.

Last edited:

They advertised the canvas bag up until release. Then, deftly, on release day, changed it to a nylon bag on the website. Many websites that sell shit still show the original canvas bag ad.

Bethesda is scum.
Maybe the bag will get patched

Bethesda is scum.
I think the false advertising lawsuit is now a slam-dunk.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...t-76-customer-names-addresses-contact-details

Basically, in a fuckup of utterly mind-boggling proportions, info that Bethesda customers have submitted in support tickets are being sent to other Bethesda customers. This includes personal details such as names, addresses, credit card info, etc.

This naturally has led to the joke that Bethesda always relied on the community to fix the issues with their games using unofficial patches, so now they're outsourcing customer service to the community too.

Dave

Staff member
Hey, I'm sure you can trust random strangers online to do the right thing with your information.

It wasn't just any random WV gov't employee. To get this level of fucked it had to come from Gov. Justice (yes, that's his real name) himself.

For anyone keeping track at home, FO76 had another major patch recently that involved a whole bunch of unpopular nerfs. But that's not the main problem. The main problem is that apparently someone over at Bethesda didn't do their version control correctly, and as a result a bunch of bugs that had been fixed in previous patches ended up getting reintroduced in this patch.

I swear, watching all the train wrecks has been providing as much entertainment as if I'd bought the game, if not more.

For anyone keeping track at home, FO76 had another major patch recently that involved a whole bunch of unpopular nerfs. But that's not the main problem. The main problem is that apparently someone over at Bethesda didn't do their version control correctly, and as a result a bunch of bugs that had been fixed in previous patches ended up getting reintroduced in this patch.

I swear, watching all the train wrecks has been providing as much entertainment as if I'd bought the game, if not more.
People still play that?

figmentPez

Staff member
Fallout 76 is getting a battle royale mode. Nuclear Winter, free for those who own 76.

Not sure if I didn't like the cover of Johnny Cash's "Ring of Fire", or if the association with the game just killed any chance of enjoying the music.

Eh, I've heard better and worse versions of the song.

And companies just seem to really hate making "more of the same" sequels these days. I mean, I get it, it's easier to make headlines and such with New and Exciting stuff, but for many, many games, I think what fans want really is "more of the same, with a good story, and with minor improvements to looks/menus/etc".
Of course, that means your game gets compared to the old one one differences, and if that's the story and your story sucks...

But anyway, "same engine, new tracks", "same engine, new story", "same engine, new skills",... Are all often better than "completely new and different!" - but they also all get the stink eye as "just like a good mod"etc.

Eh, I've heard better and worse versions of the song.

And companies just seem to really hate making "more of the same" sequels these days. I mean, I get it, it's easier to make headlines and such with New and Exciting stuff, but for many, many games, I think what fans want really is "more of the same, with a good story, and with minor improvements to looks/menus/etc".
Of course, that means your game gets compared to the old one one differences, and if that's the story and your story sucks...

But anyway, "same engine, new tracks", "same engine, new story", "same engine, new skills",... Are all often better than "completely new and different!" - but they also all get the stink eye as "just like a good mod"etc.
To me it seems like Bethesda is just chasing trends. They make a cynical survival game after that fad had already ended, making everyone sarcastically say "wow, what's next, a battle royale?"

Yes, that's what's next