[Gaming] Fallout 76 Info Dump

Reactions
231 19 4
You don't even need script kiddies to do it, apparently there's an in-game bug that will give you permanent god mode. The guy isn't happy about it, though, because he says there's a bunch of game features that now don't work because he never loses HP. He also says he's reported it to Bethesda, but it's been nearly a week now, and there's been no substantive response.
With Bethesda games, you always have to install the unofficial patches. They're that buggy. If the game CAN'T be because it's online, STAY AWAY!!!

Reactions
835 240 4
It seems like not many people do. It's a broken mess of a barely game.

It's early access as fuuuuck.

Reactions
1,334 348 14
PC Gamer didn’t like it.
My mistake, it was PC World I was thinking of:
Fallout 76 is not strictly unplayable, but after 30-odd hours wasted in this West Virginia wasteland I’m calling it. Time of death, around 2 a.m. on November 19 [...] there’s little-to-no instancing, Bethesda also treats every environment as a live-fire range at all times. What if some other player enters the building? There needs to be enemies for them to fight, right? And so what happens is you’ll be deep in some desolate ruin, trawling for trash, when suddenly all 20 or 30 enemies you meticulously killed will just respawn and start attacking you again.
--Patrick

Reactions
717 139 1
I wish I had been wrong about this game. I don't think I was wrong about this game.
I wonder if Bethesda is in financial trouble, because this game smells of desperation, reusing assets for a quick turnaround, using an idea I assume they've had shelved for awhile considering the survival game trend fell out of favor years ago.

Reactions
548 145 4
The more of a shitshow this becomes, the more convinced I am that someone in WV state government was involved in production. :p

Reactions
835 240 4

They advertised the canvas bag up until release. Then, deftly, on release day, changed it to a nylon bag on the website. Many websites that sell shit still show the original canvas bag ad.

Bethesda is scum.

Last edited:
Reactions
717 139 1

They advertised the canvas bag up until release. Then, deftly, on release day, changed it to a nylon bag on the website. Many websites that sell shit still show the original canvas bag ad.

Bethesda is scum.
Maybe the bag will get patched

Reactions
231 19 4

Bethesda is scum.
I think the false advertising lawsuit is now a slam-dunk.

Reactions
529 143 0
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...t-76-customer-names-addresses-contact-details

Basically, in a fuckup of utterly mind-boggling proportions, info that Bethesda customers have submitted in support tickets are being sent to other Bethesda customers. This includes personal details such as names, addresses, credit card info, etc.

This naturally has led to the joke that Bethesda always relied on the community to fix the issues with their games using unofficial patches, so now they're outsourcing customer service to the community too.

Dave

Staff member
Reactions
1,218 530 7
I read about that. Holy shitballs how bad is that?

Dave

Staff member
Reactions
1,218 530 7
Hey, I'm sure you can trust random strangers online to do the right thing with your information.

Reactions
548 145 4
It wasn't just any random WV gov't employee. To get this level of fucked it had to come from Gov. Justice (yes, that's his real name) himself.