[Gaming] Fallout 76 Info Dump

Not sure if I didn't like the cover of Johnny Cash's "Ring of Fire", or if the association with the game just killed any chance of enjoying the music.
I just didn't love the cover. It felt a little too karaokesque for me, with no feeling. Also it was about an octave and a half higher than I really wanted it to be.

--Patrick

The latest FO76 kerfuffle is hilarious.

Basically, someone's released a hack that allows malicious players to treat other players as containers, which means they can take whatever they want from the other player's inventory. You don't need to be close to the hacker in-game, or even be able to see them. As long as you're within the render radius (around 200 meters), they can apply the hack to you. Some players have reported having their inventories cleaned out, and apparently Bethesda are unable to restore affected players' inventories.

The hilarious part, though, is that the player's pip-boy is technically an inventory item. That's right, the device that gives the player their entire UI can be stolen by a hacker, leaving the player with no user interface to speak of.

That’s amazing.
And that’s serious enough to flat-out kill the game, too.
Who’s going to want to play a game where someone can basically Flatland away your entire inventory on a whim? Nobody, that’s who.

—Patrick

That’s amazing.
And that’s serious enough to flat-out kill the game, too.
Who’s going to want to play a game where someone can basically Flatland away your entire inventory on a whim? Nobody, that’s who.

—Patrick
I'm shocked who would want to play this game even if that wasn't an issue

Dave

Staff member
Anyone still playing this game is the gaming equivalent of a Trump fanboy. Doesn't matter what bad shit they do, they'll keep supporting it.