Fallout 4 - Power Armors for EVERYONE!

"Dog has found something"

I don't even know where dog is, he doesn't show up on my map. I have no idea what he found, and by the time I find him, he will have wandered away anyway

Dave

Staff member
Hey! There's a settlement under attack! So I go there, Cait in tow. Nothing. Everything is quiet. So I sit around. Nothing. Finally I say fuck that and leave. I get maybe two minutes away when there's a burst of gunfire and a message that I failed the quest. Okay, fuckers. F9. I had quicksaved before I left. So I sit there. Nothing. I sat there for at LEAST a half hour. Nothing. So I save again and say fuck it, but this time I listen closely. Less than two minutes away when GUNFIRE! So I run back to see the settlers running around like idiot, my sentry cannons oddly silent. The only movement I see is a lone cow being chased away, the settlers dead set on killing that fucker. So I off it with one mighty blow from my EXPLODING COMBAT SHOTGUN, which pisses the settlers right off. They all start attacking me.

F9. See ya. I don't care if your whole stupid settlement burns down. I'm sick of waiting.

Hey! There's a settlement under attack! So I go there, Cait in tow. Nothing. Everything is quiet. So I sit around. Nothing. Finally I say fuck that and leave. I get maybe two minutes away when there's a burst of gunfire and a message that I failed the quest. Okay, fuckers. F9. I had quicksaved before I left. So I sit there. Nothing. I sat there for at LEAST a half hour. Nothing. So I save again and say fuck it, but this time I listen closely. Less than two minutes away when GUNFIRE! So I run back to see the settlers running around like idiot, my sentry cannons oddly silent. The only movement I see is a lone cow being chased away, the settlers dead set on killing that fucker. So I off it with one mighty blow from my EXPLODING COMBAT SHOTGUN, which pisses the settlers right off. They all start attacking me.

F9. See ya. I don't care if your whole stupid settlement burns down. I'm sick of waiting.
This sort of thing is why I have more turrets than people at basically every settlement and why they are mostly on the outside facing out: the SECOND a raider shows up, it gets instantly annihilated. For the record, the range of laser turrets is about 3/4ths the length of the bridge leading out of Sanctuary or so the PILE OF BODIES tells me.

Huh, I have never had Sanctuary attacked.
Sanctuary will only be attacked if you have less defense than you have food, water, and people combined I believe...

Except after you visit the Institute, in which case you ALWAYS have a chance of one of your settlers being a synth and causing synths to attack. You'll always know which one it was because they will be dead after the attack and have synth parts on them.

This is why I just don't build settlements.

In fact, once I figured out that this wasn't a roleplaying game, and that none of the dialogue made any difference, and that none of my choices outside of some faction paths matter, I remade my character as a power armor heavy weapon wielding killing machine and just started killing everything.

Dave

Staff member
So I hit F9 again because I have some sort of masochistic tendencies, and I jumped from platform to platform using my jet pack. Suddenly the whole place went batshit crazy and started firing into the trees. Here it is! I thought. Instead, that brahmin takes off running with the whole god damned settlement on its tail. They run almost all the way to the railyard hardly scratching the damned thing, so I blew it away. Which caused everyone to start shooting at ME again. Oh they want it dead, but they won't tolerate anyone else doing the job.

I'm going to F9 one more time. If nothing happens I'm going to take away all their food and watch them all starve. I'm Brotherhood of Steel, mother fuckers. You are either for me or against me.

So I hit F9 again because I have some sort of masochistic tendencies, and I jumped from platform to platform using my jet pack. Suddenly the whole place went batshit crazy and started firing into the trees. Here it is! I thought. Instead, that brahmin takes off running with the whole god damned settlement on its tail. They run almost all the way to the railyard hardly scratching the damned thing, so I blew it away. Which caused everyone to start shooting at ME again. Oh they want it dead, but they won't tolerate anyone else doing the job.

I'm going to F9 one more time. If nothing happens I'm going to take away all their food and watch them all starve. I'm Brotherhood of Steel, mother fuckers. You are either for me or against me.
Why don't you just build walls quickly to keep it from escaping? Or quickly give them some REALLY good weapons to drop it fast?

Imavoiding the main quest like the plague. Once I realized I would have to choose factions I just stopped having interest. What can I say, I like everyone unless they jump in front of my scope while I am aiming at an enemy.

Just out of curiosity, how far are you? If you're at a certain point and it hasn't grabbed you, it probably never will, but if you're not there yet, you should at least get that far.
I just hate the way it plays out. Being forced to kill all the other factions (I was Brotherhood) in order to proceed. I just stopped caring.

Everything in this fucking game comes down to kill everything. Every God damn quest.

I just hate the way it plays out. Being forced to kill all the other factions (I was Brotherhood) in order to proceed. I just stopped caring.

Everything in this fucking game comes down to kill everything. Every God damn quest.
All the different ways you can build your character boil down to "how do you want to kill everyone?" Every branching quest path is basically "Who do you want to kill?" Like I said, when I realized this is just a narrative shooter and not one of those pesky rpgs with plot, I had a better time at understanding it.

Dave

Staff member
Dude did God Mode off screen. He lost NO health during that. Drugs are nice, yeah, but they don't make you invulnerable.

The bar will still move as you take damage, especially since he was being shot and flames while he walked slowly. I call shenanigans.
It does at the beginning of the run after all the drugs, it noticeably ticks slightly. Once he takes care of some of the enemies the health regen is too much for any damage he's taking.

It does at the beginning of the run after all the drugs, it noticeably ticks slightly. Once he takes care of some of the enemies the health regen is too much for any damage he's taking.
What Frank said. He just had so much incoming healing from multiple sources that it didn't matter.

Dave

Staff member
You guys are right. I watched it small screen the first time and just couldn't see it. Wild.

Reeeeally hoping my wife's infatuation with Fallout 4 ends by the time Dark Souls 3 comes out. How she's still playing that game near-nightly is beyond me. I should see how many hours she's put in by now.