Everybody, EVERYBODY! Television.... is back! 2010 Fall Premiere Dates!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
All times are in Eastern, I got this list from here(the best TV blog/writer ever): TV fall premiere dates - HitFix.com

What are you gonna be watching? I will bold what I'm watching for sure, italicize the new shows I am just kind of curious about.

Sept. 7
Returning: "Sons of Anarchy" (10 p.m., FX)

Sept. 8
Returning: "America's Next Top Model" (8 p.m., CW)
New: "Hellcats" (9 p.m., CW), "Terriers" (10 p.m., FX)

Sept. 9
Returning: "Vampire Diaries" (8 p.m., CW)
New: "Nikita" (9 p.m., CW)

Sept. 11
Returning: "Cops" (8 p.m., FOX), "America's Most Wanted" (9 p.m., FOX)

Sept. 12
Returning: "Football Night in America" (7 p.m., NBC)

Sept. 13
Returning: "90210" (8 p.m., CW), "Gossip Girl" (9 p.m., CW)

Sept. 14
Returning: "One Tree Hill" (8 p.m., CW), "Life Unexpected" (9 p.m., CW), "Parenthood" (10 p.m., NBC)

Sept. 15
Returning: "Survivor: Nicaragua" (8 p.m., CBS)
New: "Outlaw" (previews at 10 p.m., NBC; regular timeslot is Fridays at 10)

Sept. 16
Returning: "The Apprentice" (two-hour premiere 9 p.m., NBC, regular timeslot is Thursdays at 10), "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" (10 p.m., FX), "The League" (10:30 p.m., FX)

Sept. 19
New: "Boardwalk Empire" (9 p.m., HBO)

Sept. 20
Returning: "Dancing with the Stars" (8 p.m., ABC), "How I Met Your Mother" (8 p.m., CBS), "House" (8 p.m., FOX), "Chuck" (8 p.m., NBC), "Rules of Engagement" (8:30 p.m., CBS), "Two and a Half Men" (9 p.m., CBS), "Castle" (10 p.m., ABC)
New: "Lone Star" (9 p.m., FOX), "The Event" (9 p.m., NBC), "Mike & Molly" (9:30 p.m., CBS), "Hawaii Five-0" (10 p.m., CBS), "Chase" (10 p.m., NBC)

Sept. 21
Returning: "NCIS" (8 p.m., CBS), "Glee" (8 p.m., FOX), "The Biggest Loser" (8 p.m., NBC), "NCIS: LA" (9 p.m., CBS)
New: "Raising Hope" (9 p.m., FOX), "Running Wilde" (9:30 p.m., FOX), "Detroit 1-8-7" (10 p.m., ABC)

Sept. 22
Returning: "The Middle" (8 p.m., ABC), "Hell's Kitchen" (8 p.m., FOX), "Modern Family" (9 p.m., ABC), "Criminal Minds" (9 p.m., CBS), "Law & Order: SVU" (9 p.m., NBC), "Cougar Town" (9:30 p.m., ABC)
New: "Undercovers" (8 p.m., NBC), "Better With You" (8:30 p.m., ABC), "The Whole Truth" (10 p.m., ABC), "The Defenders" (10 p.m., CBS)

Sept. 23
Returning: "The Big Bang Theory" (8 p.m., CBS), "Bones" (8 p.m., FOX), "Community" (8 p.m., NBC), "30 Rock" (8:30 p.m., NBC), "Grey's Anatomy" (9 p.m., ABC), "CSI" (9 p.m., CBS), "Fringe" (9 p.m., FOX), "The Office" (9 p.m., NBC), "Private Practice" (10 p.m., ABC), "The Mentalist" (10 p.m., CBS)
New: "My Generation" (8 p.m., ABC), "(Shit) My Dad Says" (8:30 p.m., CBS), "Outsourced" (9:30 p.m., NBC)

Sept. 24
Returning: "Medium" (8 p.m., CBS),"Smallville" (8 p.m., CW), "Dateline NBC" (8 p.m., NBC), "CSI: NY" (9 p.m., CBS), "Supernatural" (9 p.m., CW), "The Good Guys" (9 p.m., FOX), "20/20" (10 p.m., ABC)
New: "Blue Bloods" (10 p.m., CBS)

Sept. 25
Returning: "48 Hours Mystery" (10 p.m., Ch. 2), "Saturday Night Live" (NBC, 11:30 p.m.)

Sept. 26
Returning: "America's Funniest Home Videos" (7 p.m., ABC), "60 Minutes" (7:30 p.m., CBS, usual timeslot is 7, give or take football), "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" (8 p.m., ABC), "The Simpsons" (8 p.m., FOX), "The Amazing Race" (8:30 p.m., CBS, usual timeslot is 8, give or take football), "The Cleveland Show" (8:30 p.m., FOX), "Desperate Housewives" (9 p.m., ABC), "Family Guy" (9 p.m., FOX), "Dexter" (9 p.m., SHO), "Brothers & Sisters" (10 p.m., ABC), "Undercover Boss" (10 p.m., CBS, usual timeslot is 9, give or take football), "Bored to Death" (10 p.m., HBO), "Eastbound & Down" (10:30 p.m., HBO)

Sept. 28
Returning: "Stargate Universe" (9 p.m., Syfy), "The Good Wife" (10 p.m., CBS), "Sanctuary" (10 p.m., Syfy)
New: "No Ordinary Family" (8 p.m., ABC)

Sept. 29
New: "Law & Order: Los Angeles" (10 p.m., NBC)

Oct. 1
Returning: "Human Target" (8 p.m., FOX)

Oct. 3
Returning: "American Dad" (9:30 p.m., FOX), "CSI: Miami" (10 p.m., CBS)

Also, if that is kind of hard to follow and you want to figure out all the terrifying DVR conflicts you're going to have (at least the ones I am going to have): This is an awesome little link Fall 2010 TV schedule, night by night - From Inside the Box - Zap2it

Dave

Staff member
I'm pissed they moved BBT to Thursdays. Now it along side Community and Thursday Night Football. This means if I want to watch football I can't DVR both shows I watch. My DVR only allows me to record 2 if I am watching one of them. That fucking blows.

I'm pissed they moved BBT to Thursdays. Now it along side Community and Thursday Night Football. This means if I want to watch football I can't DVR both shows I watch. My DVR only allows me to record 2 if I am watching one of them. That fucking blows.
I have the same problem. Thankfully, hulu exists.

Also, I just realized those premiere things don't have Friday Night Lights (Direct TV) or The Walking Dead (AMC). I think TWD premieres later/Octoberish? But both of those are definite super bold "gonna watch" for me.

Thursday night Football blows. Unless it's Thanksgiving.

figmentPez

Staff member
I started reading the title of this thread and got excited thinking that Homestar Runner was going to start updating regularly again... but it's just television. *sigh*

P

Philosopher B.

Shows I like and sorta try to watch:

The Mentalist
The Big Bang Theory
How I Met Your Mother
Glee
Community (well I like bits of it)

I'm horrible at actually keeping up with TV shows, though.

God fucking damn it NBC! Stop trying to kill Chuck by running it against House M.D. We get it: The execs don't like/understand the show, so they want to get rid of it... but a lot of us enjoy it and don't appreciate your ineptitude with slotting it.

R

Rubicon

Out of that list, theres slim pickings for things I still enjoy;

House
Glee
Fringe
Supernatural
Smallville (guilty pleasure)
Stargate Universe

dont like anything else listed there

P

Philosopher B.

I should really watch House. I mean it's Hugh Laurie as a grumpy Sherlockian doctor. What's not awesome about that?

As long as you ignore the medical part, House is awesome. (I think the writers finally figured that out last season too :p)

Cajungal

Staff member
I'm sure it's all very silly. And if you've seen one episode, you know the formula. I can't get enough Hugh Laurie, though.

Here's my must watch list in order of importance. Dexter leads this pack. Really looking forward to It's Always Sunny. I love Danny DeVito and want a Danny DeVito of my own. He is comic gold.
"Dexter"
"Supernatural"
"It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia"
"Glee"
"Sons of Anarchy"
"30 Rock"
"Modern Family"
"Community"
"The Office"
"The League"
"The Big Bang Theory"

What's wrong about House is that it settles into a pattern where only the premiere, finale, and maybe 1-3 episodes during sweeps matter at all, and the rest are fucking terrible.

I saw about 4 episodes of House. In two of them, the twist that was making the case so hard to solve was that the patient was doing drugs. I also didn't really care for him as a character.

Yes, I want to watch shows that I love as soon as humanly possible. I also desire to not have anything spoiled about them. I also desire talking about them.

W

Wyrminarrd

There's no way that I have patience to wait for shows to finally come over here (can be more then a year later then they are shown in the US, assuming of course that the local channels even show them at all).

I've found that the best way to keep track of when my shows are on is to use "Myepisodes.com" its a free service were you simply add your shows to a list that updates automatically as the schedule's change. It's a real time saver is you watch as many shows as I do.

Speaking of which, the following shows are my fall favorites but by no means all the shows I'll be watching:

Dexter
Supernatural
Fringe
Survivor
Simpsons
NCIS
House
Chuck
American Dad
Castle
Amazing Race
Smallville
Stargate: Universe

J

Joe Johnson

Sept. 28
Returning: "Stargate Universe" (9 p.m., Syfy),

??? So, are they really moving SGU to Tuesdays???

Also, I watch almost everything the next night, on TiVo - (well, the Comcast flavor of it).

People still watch TV shows on TV, chained to time slots? D:
I usually watch them the next day. Still need to make sure my DVR will record them, and knowing that BBT got moved to Thursday (sucks) means I won't be pissed off when I don't see it Tuesday.

When will CSI: Miami be back?

*cough* I mean...woo! Look at all those shows!
Oct. 3, they saved the best for last!

the Sons season premiere was amazing and gutwrenching. Terriers season premiere was really awesome, and had a great hook to keep me coming back for more.

Now I got nothin' for a week.

My wife and I are excited for the following:

Chuck (Mon)
The Biggest Loser (Tues)
America's Next Top Model (Wed)
Law & Order: SVU (Wed)
Bones (Thur)
Gray's Anatomy (Thur...her show, not mine)
Smallville (Fri...my show, not hers)

We have to watch the fourth season of Dexter. Once we get caught up, I'm going to subscribe to Showtime and we will watch it on Sunday.

The only shows I really watch at all anymore are Bones, Fringe, and House. Though, I think I have to get back in the habit of taping SVU again. There are other shows I want to watch, but since I haven't seen them from the beginning, I tend to wait until I have time to get the DVDs.

I can't watch any of the Law and Order type shows anymore. Once you've watched The Wire it's hard to watch almost any cop show ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies.