Eve Online

Dave

Staff member
Tonight we were mining in low sec about 9 jumps from our stronghold when a warring faction shows up. We scatter and they get NOBODY. But they have a pretty sizable fleet with mostly fast movers, looking to gank our miners and haulers. I had a Procurer (medium sized slow mining ship) stuck and after a quick scouting report decided to try and make it back. The fourth jump lands me in the middle of all 7 of them camping the gate. Or at least I thought so. They must have just gotten there because it seemed to surprise them. I hit the gate again but they'd warp disrupted me. I knew I was toast. But they were still 30 km away - closing fast but not there yet. I was getting closer to the gate but with the disruptor on I was going nowhere. They were just starting to paint me up when the warp disruptor disappeared and I jetted out and then beat feet to the nearest station.

I'm now changed the name of that ship to "The Gingerbread Man".

Dave

Staff member
All right, capsuleers! I have a question about jump clones & implants.

I will finish training Cybernetics tonight at 11 pm. At that time I will be able to fit my 5 brand-spanking new implants that give a +4 to each attribute. I want to reduce my training times. So far so good, right?

The person helping me online said, "Be sure you put this in your jump clone so you won't lose them if you get podded."

I was under the assumption that if you had implants in a clone it did nothing unless it was the active body you were in. Am I incorrect? Can I put them in a body and somehow get the benefits of them without risk of losing them? That doesn't seem right to me.

Thoughts?

All right, capsuleers! I have a question about jump clones & implants.

I will finish training Cybernetics tonight at 11 pm. At that time I will be able to fit my 5 brand-spanking new implants that give a +4 to each attribute. I want to reduce my training times. So far so good, right?

The person helping me online said, "Be sure you put this in your jump clone so you won't lose them if you get podded."

I was under the assumption that if you had implants in a clone it did nothing unless it was the active body you were in. Am I incorrect? Can I put them in a body and somehow get the benefits of them without risk of losing them? That doesn't seem right to me.

Thoughts?
Most of your training time is done while you are offline. If you put them in your jump clone, and then jump to that clone before you log off, you gain the benefit of all those bonuses during the bulk of your training time, when you aren't playing.

Dave

Staff member
But you can only jump once every 24 hours, yes? So I can use it like once every other day. So keep my +4 burning when I know I'm going to be offline for a day or two and like +2 or +3 when I'm tooling around possibly getting all 'splodey.

Dave

Staff member
I got my first real PvP kill last night. Guy was a WT (war target) and jumped into our home system. He then tried to jump a miner. Half of us went to one gate and half went to the other. He jumped to our gate. I still only have Tech I stuff and I had just purchased the caracal so it was cobbled together with stuff I had laying around. We tried to pod him, but we couldn't get a lock quickly enough.

My skill training is now starting to allow me to get Tech II stuff (slowly but surely) and I have a little over a billion ISK. Time to start hunting.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/61461690/

EVE requires way too much time investment for me to get back in, but damn, I love reading about all the shit that happens.

Dave

Staff member
I haven't played in months again. My toons are out of their training queue. I want to go back but I don't. It's like WoW. Sometimes I get the itch...