[Music] Eurovision Song contest 2019

Another year has past and yet again here it is, the one event every year less and lesser people are interested in. Or so it feels. Today the 64th Eurovision Song Contest has its grand finale being broadcasted life from Tel Aviv at 21:00 CEST.

26 countries are in the finale. 26 songs, one cheesier than the next. But only one will get enough votes to win. And only one country will have the doubtful honour to have the Eurovision Song contest next year.

Which Country will win? I don't know. I haven't watched any of the semi finals or listened to the songs. But I know that according to the bookies, Germany will be last.

Anyway, I will have my pizza, mozzarela sticks, mini corn dogs and beer ready and watch it tonight since I don't have anything better to do. And that's sad.

You can also watch the international live stream without commentary on YouTube

Disclaimer: Due to rights limitations, the YouTube live stream is not available in Bolivia, Canada, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Uruguay, USA and Venezuela.

I'm watching, but probably with about an hour of delay. I still care, but it's really lost a lot of what I liked about it. Abba may have been cheesy but it was mainly a good song well-sung. Nowadays quality of singing seems less important than the amount of act you can throw on stage.

For my money, I quite like Australia.

So the first songs

Malta: Not a really strong start.

Albania: A song telling people they should come back home to Albania (Thanks TV commentary) Not Bad. Even without understanding a word the ballad sounds great.

Czech Republik: sounds like a song written by Jamiroquai. Will get a decent amount of points.

Germany: Oh boy. I doubt we will get a high amount of points. But the girls were enthusiastic and adorable with the hug at the end.

Russia: Not a great song. A bit bland. Too much emphasize on the video screen effects and a rainy shower cabin

Next batch

Denmark: Really really good. Sounds a bit like "Lemon Tree" but will probably get many points. Especially after she starts singing in other languages.

San Marino: Sorry, but the old guy has not a strong singing voice. Song sounds like something you hear at a party on the island of Mallorca.

North Macedonia: Another ballad but better than the last song. Her dress is a weird mix between revealing and modest.

Sweden: Oh wow. That's a strong song. No tricks, no smog and mirrors. Soul Pop with a Gospel group.

Slovenia: Girl and Boy duo. She sings while he's playing a guitar and has a face like he is about to cum. Really minimalistic.

Cyprus: Generic pop but the outfit, holy shit :eek:. I had to do a double take. It looks like it belongs in the NSFW thread.

Netherlands: Imaging Dragons perfomed by one guy on a piano, that all.

Greece: Pop with a weird stage performance

Israel: Another strong song. Emotional

Norway: Ethno Dance Pop. Could get some points, but probably more back in 90s

UK: Somebody found a unreleased boy band song. Song title "Bigger Than us", a bit weird with the Brexit and all.

Iceland: And the gimp entered the stage. Electro pop with SM getup a la Rammstein.

Estonia: Another Pop song. After a while they all sound the same.

Belarus: More generic pop

Azerbaijan: This one has robot arms at the stage. The song is not bad.

France: A song about tolerance. It's ok

Italy: Mmh, not my favourite.

Serbia: Somebody was inspired by Wonder Woman it seems.

Switzerland: The song sounds familiar. Oh it's Despacito

Australia: Interesting way of pole dancing. Nice song overall.

Spain: Latin pop. Fun and energetic.

Sorry, between live commentary, and a whatsapp group with my family, I didn't have the time to comment here, too.
But the Netherlands while not my favorite, was a good enough song I don't mind them winning. Sad about Macedonia and Australia, I quite liked them. But wtf were all those voters for Italy smoking? It was...well, not as bad as San Marino, but baaddddd.

Oh it was really bad, no doubt. Yeah, the Netherlands winning is not really surprising. The song is good to listing to.

Apparently there was an error with the scoring on Saturday. The UK should not have finished last with only 16 points. We should have finished last with 11 points.