1. Welcome to Halforums!

At Halforums, we value everyone's input. Please feel free to post without having to create an account. You will have to complete a few more steps than a full member and have to put up with this annoying notice on every page. If you want to join, click Register and start talking!

Already a member? Login Now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to Halforums!

At Halforums, we value everyone's input. Please feel free to post without having to create an account. You will have to complete a few more steps than a full member and have to put up with this annoying notice on every page. If you want to join, click Register and start talking!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to Halforums!

Dismiss Notice
  4. Welcome to Halforums!

Dismiss Notice
  5. Welcome to Halforums!

Dismiss Notice
  6. Welcome to Halforums!

Dismiss Notice

[Gaming] Eternal, it's like magic meets hearthstone

Discussion in 'Games & More' started by Ravenpoe, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Frank

Frank Mediocre, eh?

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB4,676
    I kept track tonight of how many times I went first.

I go first 1/5 games I play. This is generally very frustrating.

2. Frank

Frank Mediocre, eh?

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB4,676
    Fuck, man, nothing tilts me harder than losing to not being able to draw a single fucking power card for 6 straight turns.

About to rank up, now I need to win twice to make up that loss.

Awesome, last match to rank up and I get to go against a dude in gold who just plays a totally perfect tier 1 deck. WELP. This is getting frustrating. 2 more to make up ground again. I love that I only get 13 for a win, but lose 17 with a loss.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  3. Frank

Frank Mediocre, eh?

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB4,676
    Jeeez, I haven't face anyone in silver for like an hour.

I'm only Silver 2. Why do I keep hitting Gold 3's and 2's. They're fucking ranks ahead of me for a frigging reason.

4. Frank

Frank Mediocre, eh?

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB4,676
    Untitled.jpg

Thanks redraw, I didn't want to rank up anyway.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 19, 2017 ---
    If you thought, hey, he could draw two red powers and get out of this mess.

I didn't.

5. Vrii

Vrii Post Hoarder

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB1,534
    I'm getting absolutely lit up the past couple days. Probably 20% winrate, regardless of deck of matchup - shit sucks.

6. Vrii

Vrii Post Hoarder

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB1,534
    Also if this Chalice bullshit stays the most popular deck it might make me quit the game. Ranked is fucking miserable right now.

7. Frank

Frank Mediocre, eh?

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB4,676
    Yeah, and I play Stonescar burn, which is supposedly a good matchup, but when the redraw gives me 2 shadow power and a handful of fireblasts, you know, free wins.

I hate the redraw. I've lost more times to redraw than to anything else.

And no, I don't just have the minimum power. Deck has 28 power, 4 seek powers and 2 of each of the favors.

8. Vrii

Vrii Post Hoarder

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB1,534
    I was trying to play with a flying-based Rakano list, and every game stalled out with them under 10, but with absolutely no chance of pushing the last bit through. I see people saying it's a good matchup, but I just don't see how.

I hear you on the mulligans, though I still think it's a better system than Magic. It feels good to have the option to go down again if the redraw sucks, but the guaranteed mana in Eternal does a lot more to reduce non-games than going down to 5 or 4 cards, I think. Doesn't make the runs of 4 or 5 games stalled at 2 or flooding feel any better though.