[Soccer] English Premier League Discussion Thread

Let's see now... fuck you

Arsenal
Tottenham
Liverpool
Manchester United
Norwich
Southampton

Seriously, all of you messed up some dead cert picks for me. Assholes.

Oh, also, by extension fuck you Wayne Rooney, injured asshole.

So, originally I'd predicted a 1-0 for Manchester United against Arsenal. Then, I thought Arsenal are doing so well this season so far, while Man Utd are struggling a bit, so I changed it to a win for Arsenal.

And then Man Utd win 1-0.

I hate everyone.

So, originally I'd predicted a 1-0 for Manchester United against Arsenal. Then, I thought Arsenal are doing so well this season so far, while Man Utd are struggling a bit, so I changed it to a win for Arsenal.

And then Man Utd win 1-0.

I hate everyone.
Quit yer bellyaching - you're still top. You know how many points I got this round? Fricking TWO! :mad:

Just when I was starting to feel good about pressurising you & Klew.

You know, Bhamv, you could take a week or two off...
I've entered picks all the way up to week 20. :D
Basically I've picked winners based on reputation, and then a day or two before match day I'll fiddle with my picks based on injuries, form, etc.

However, I think I'm going to start predicting more Manchester City losses from now on.

Is week 13 not updating properly for anyone else? The Norwich-Crystal Palace, Cardiff-Arsenal, and ManC-Swansea matches aren't registering scores for me. I definitely entered picks or them, but they're not showing the scores I got for my predictions.

Dammit @bhamv3 stop getting more points than me!
I'm trying! I mean, this week I predicted Everton would beat Manchester United!

Looking back, that wasn't the smartest prediction.

EDIT: Wait, sorry, I read that wrong. I predicted Manchester United would win, and instead they lost. FUCK YOU MANCHESTER UNITED!

Last edited:
Well this was not a good week. Pretty much the only team that performed as I expected they would was Liverpool.

Wait - a PL game had a 6-3 final score???????
With the top team losing, yes. The outcome isn't that rare (just had a 7-0 in Belgian PL a few weeks ago) but losing that badly is pretty...abnormal for a team like Arsenal. Their defense and keeper aren't supposed to go and have a coffee during the game.

I still remember the days when Arsenal were primarily a defensive team. Tony Adams must be rolling over in his grave pub right now.

Erm... is the system buggering up or do I really have a 24 point lead at the top of the table?

Not gloating, honestly wondering. It looks like @klew didn't enter his picks this week?

EDIT: I missed some words.

Last edited:
I just wanna know how you're managing to get the scores right. I've got no feel for the game, and on a head-to-head basis (if I'm reading the table right) I'm kicking your butt three ways to last Sunday.

I evaluate the attacking and defending abilities of each team, and guess accordingly.

I will admit a lot of it is luck though.

I'm guessing completely based on reputation, I'm not studying team performance this season, and I didn't make any predictions for the previous week

Eh. Not enough matches left for me to catch up to jwhouk realistically, maybe just barely for him to catch up to klew. mroosc could conceivably catch up to you if he keeps at least his current level of good guesses and you really mess up. As long as all five of us keep playing, the only close call is klew and mroosc. The rest can only get interesting if someone has a massive bad luck streak.

FFS Man U!
I'm starting to think Man Utd's problem may be the lack of a serious midfield enforcer. They seem to give away possession too easily, and can't get it back, which means they leak goals.

Roy Keane would never have put up with this crap.

I'm kinda throwing up my hands at this at the moment. What with the weather and other issues over in the UK, trying to guess the fixtures for the EPL aren't really that big of a deal. On top of that, I think bhamv could probably put down nil-nil for every single remaining match and still end up winning.