Disney Buying Hasbro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember seeing it on and off on Fox Kids when I was kid. I also remember severely wanting to beat the crap out of the shield guy. My Satan-STOP WHINING! Course I guess I'd whine too if I was thrown into a land of wonder and magic and...actually no I wouldn't. As I would've been twelve and would be killing to many goblins to care.

I don't get it.
The left planet is Unicron, a world eating Transformer and one of the two originals (the other being Primus, who's transformed state is Cybertron).

PS Unicron wins, Death Star becomes a light snack.

Edit: Fun trivia, the Unicron you see there was voiced by Orson Welles as his last movie before his death. He was so weak (and died a few days after his final voiceover session) that sound engineers had to mess with the recorded tracks to make them audible.

The left planet is Unicron, a world eating Transformer and one of the two originals (the other being Primus, who's transformed state is Cybertron).
Or if your following the cartoon's back-story, he was made by a monkey man at the beginning of time to eat the universe! He also made a pure energy version that he couldn't beat until Grimlock pointed out to just use the reverse switch...cartoons are WEIRD some times.

Or if your following the cartoon's back-story, he was made by a monkey man at the beginning of time to eat the universe! He also made a pure energy version that he couldn't beat until Grimlock pointed out to just use the reverse switch...cartoons are WEIRD some times.
Which cartoon was this? Gen 1 never had him before the movie and never really explained much about him or Primus at all (and Unicron was nothing but a head for the couple other appearances he made). I haven't really watched anything past Beast Wars, and I don't think he was ever in that.

Edit: Scratch that, found it. Huh, didn't remember that, my knowledge of the final episodes is pretty fuzzy though.

Yeah, the Transformers origins are incredibly debatable. Does the show have the true origin? Does the original Marvel comics have the true canon? It be confusing.

Also, why the hell hasn't Hasbro made like a comic or show explaining what happened between Generation 1 and Beast Wars? That is one of the biggest plot-hole the metaseries has. If Disney does buy this, they need to make a show detailing what the hell happened between season 4 and Beast Wars dammit! Or a third Beast Wars series- I'M GOOD WITH EITHER!

Zappit

Staff member
It's also rumored that Leonard Nimoy filled in for Welles on some of the voice work, possibly after his death.

The comics are probably the closest thing to canon for Unicron's origin. Cybertron is actually the body of Primus, who sealed himself and Unicron, his opposite, within two planets. Billions of years later, they both discover how to reshape those forms. Primus creates the Transformers as an army to finish the fight against Unicron, but the civil war mucks that up. The Matrix is actually a piece of Primus' essence, which, when wielded by a good Transformer, can destroy Unicron.

As for Beast Wars, there's no connection. It's a separate series, with its own continuity. Optimus Prime and Optimus Primal are not the same character, and are not related in any way.

Teletran 1 has an entry on this. Basically...

- Autobots won the war and peace was established.
- The Maximal and Predacon offshots are created
- All the bullshit with Protoform X happens
- BW Megatron steals the Golden Disks, heads to Earth
- Optimus Primal and his crew are diverted from their deep space mission to stop them (they were supposed to dump Protoform X along the way)
-The Beast Wars happen
- On the way back to Cybertron, Megatron escapes the ship and gets to Cybertron a good while before they do
- Megatron launches the virus bomb, infects the planet and takes over
- Optimus' crew returns
- Beast Machines happens

It's all the same timeline as Transformers G1. Optimus Prime and Optimus Primal are two different characters, with Primal named after his predecessor like Megatron was.

What I always thought was weird was how Beast Wars had TWO characters named Silverbolt. Two completely different characters, on a fuzor the other a normal condor who could combine with the other members of the Pax Cybertrona.

Back to the ancient origins if were going by the cartoons, all Transformers are descendants of military androids(Decepticons) and service androids(Autobots) created by the evil Quintessons for their amusement. Over time they gained the ability to transform, aided by the Matrix of Leadership the former assistant to the creator of Unicron(theoretically Primus). Even after they drove off the Quintessons, the military androids had dreams of conquest and created the faction known as the Decepticons as well as their leader "Megatron" who would then fight a young autobot by the name of Orion Pax who would become one of the greatest Autobot leaders of all time "Optimus Prime".

Status
Not open for further replies.