Did I miss Futurama last week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't find a second new episode from the other night. I was told there would be two, but I could only find the gender changing one online. It was meh. I still stand by my statement that this show has been going downhill since season 4 (The greatest season). Its still better than most TV, but there is definitely a decline.

Yeah, I have to agree with Checkered. I still love the show and it's still leagues better than anything Seth McFarlane puts out, but there's just...something missing about it. The Bender episode was certainly better than the gender-swapping one, but...yeah, I can't put my finger on it. Still a great enough show that I'll keep watching it.

I actually really enjoyed both. The biggest thing I've picked up on this season though is that they episodes seem... more frantic. Like they need to be zany because... well because. It's one of my issues with later Simpsons episodes, they lost some of the charm and soul of the show when they needed to get crazier to compete with Family Guy. I hope the writers of Futurama keep the focus on story and character, it's what they do best.

I thought the gender swap one would have been more interesting if they played with it some more. Like the gender change was the main point and not some stupid argument between the men and women which they did already and tons better in "Amazon Women in the Mood." It could have been really fun, but instead it was just a quick ploy used only to fulfill the episode's macguffin.

I kinda dozed off watching the second one, so don't really remember much of it, just lots of Benders threatening to eat everything in existence. I'll have to catch it on a repeat, but seems like a good setup for jokes.

I thought the first one was fairly average. It had a few funny moments but over all it just felt like it was going for zany shock value and nothing more. As far as the second episode I will say I enjoyed it more than the first but it still felt like a glorified anthology of interest rather than an actual episode. That being said even though they weren't as good as other Futurama episodes they were still better than 90% of the garbage that is usually on.

Cajungal

Staff member
Yeah, I have to agree with Checkered. I still love the show and it's still leagues better than anything Seth McFarlane puts out, but there's just...something missing about it. The Bender episode was certainly better than the gender-swapping one, but...yeah, I can't put my finger on it. Still a great enough show that I'll keep watching it.
I couldn't figure it out at first, but it feels like the timing and types of jokes to me. Seems like they're trying to jam a LOT of just-okay jokes into a small time frame. In the old seasons, sometimes the jokes that were part of the plot weren't half as funny as all the gags and references they had going on in the background. There doesn't seem to be as much effort when it comes to sneaking in those little funny things... like the "goose laxitive" on the shelf on that episode when Nibbler goes to the vet. :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.