[News] Debbie Spend-It-Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Staff member
I totally missed this. Interesting but in the end it's a publicity stunt that will do nothing.

Why win over voters with ideas and charm when you can just make vague implications of an enemy takeover and racist stereotypes?

A lot of people see the Chinese as economic enemies, if not military enemies. It's been hard for some communities to deal with losing their businesses to China and it's a lot easier for members of the Right to blame foreigners than it is to blame the Free Market. It's one of the reasons the "Made in America" label is making a comeback.

A lot of people see the Chinese as economic enemies, if not military enemies. It's been hard for some communities to deal with losing their businesses to China and it's a lot easier for members of the Right to blame foreigners than it is to blame the Free Market. It's one of the reasons the "Made in America" label is making a comeback.
Now if only we could actually get some of those label making jobs back in America. I kid, I kid (mostly).

American politics can always get dumber.
One time I saw American politics post on Facebook that they were going too the store. I was all like "hey man, it's to, not too," to which it replied "its all the same, your a idiot"

fuckin' politics, man.

Hey, they're using traditional form of 钱·. This is clearly aimed at Taiwan, and not China. I'm looking at you Bhamv.

Also, this is incredibly stupid.

I followed a course on International Relations of China last year and this topic (China as an economic power taking over the US via debt owed) came up. This was the video we were shown:

Not sure if these guys are behind the above site but I think they'd support it at least.

Hey, they're using traditional form of 钱·. This is clearly aimed at Taiwan, and not China. I'm looking at you Bhamv.

Also, this is incredibly stupid.
DAMMIT! The cat's out of the bag now, it's the Taiwanese and not the Chinese who are going to take over the world. Thanks a lot, Debbie whoeveryouare.

This all reminds me of the panic about Japan taking over the US economy back in the 80's/early 90's.

Then there was that thing in 1989 that never happened.

We've been political rivals for a long time. And we were in armed conflict with China 60 years ago. Just recently with the continued push to send American Jobs and Factories to China that they have started to become economic rivals.

However, this ad is quite a jaw dropping piece of racist paranoia.

Then there was that thing in 1989 that never happened.

We've been political rivals for a long time. And we were in armed conflict with China 60 years ago. Just recently with the continued push to send American Jobs and Factories to China that they have started to become economic rivals.

However, this ad is quite a jaw dropping piece of racist paranoia.
Oddly enough most China-American relations analysts concede there are no real major ideological differences between the two.

Sure, USA and China have long been rivals, but I always saw it as being because they're the two biggest dudes around. They have a grudging respect despite different views on how shit should go down, but when aliens invade they'd totally go back to back in an awesome kung fu battle.*

*I should point out that the only things I know about China, I learned from wuxia movies.

Worst part: I'm in Michigan, and have seen this posted to Facebook with a "He's got my vote.\Totally nailed it.\What's the big deal?" type comments.

As I put it, it must have been disappointing to the director that he couldn't find a buck-toothed guy with a pony tail and Fu Man Chu mustache who would wear one of those cone hats. Relying on subtle racism is such a pain.

I was being sarcastic.

But to the people who support this, they believe it's subtle enough to claim that it's not racist, which to me just kind of spells out how racist they actually are.

Status
Not open for further replies.