Damn it. Surprise ruined. Pokemon board game.

Dave

Staff member
The pokedex only has 20 entries even when you've caught more than 20 different types of pokemon.
Hmmm. I'll have to test and send to the dev.[DOUBLEPOST=1501719414,1501719361][/DOUBLEPOST]
Getting the spam warning still takes a pokeball away. And failed attempts still triggers a spam timer.
The first one is known. The second one I don't think I've encountered. When I tested I only triggered the spam warning when it was successful.

I'm going to ask for your help with making Pokeballs.
K.

Dave said:
the only package I have right now is called "Bag o' Balls" .... Post your pokeball idea and make sure to include an icon that is at least 120x120.
No longer sure I can help you.

Also:
How did this thread make it to the second page before this jokes is being made?

Guess I have to radically lower their catch rate then. :rofl:
I should not have been able to catch the ones I caught , specifically the groudon and the blastoise, with a single pokeball. I dunno if each pokemon have different catch rates or if it's just the balls that do but that was much too easy for those.

Will all this work on mobile?
I had to request the desktop site on android but it does work on mobile for me now.

Dave

Staff member
I can't even see the game. Is it because I'm on my iPad?
Possibly. You would normally see something at the top of this very page.[DOUBLEPOST=1501728271,1501727958][/DOUBLEPOST]There's a way that I could set it up to not allow catching without Pokeballs. I could set the default catch rate for all of them to 0%. But that means that all Pokemon would be caught at a 5% rate with a Normal ball, etc. So I don't like that. I'm going to hit up the dev to see if we can get a setting that says that a Pokeball is required. I mean, it just makes sense, right?

I don't know, maybe just set it to 3%, and make them click 33 times on average.

Simulate trying to catch one with your bare hands.

I really appreciate you are trying something fun with this and it got spoiled, but I hope when it was gonna roll out you had some sort of opt in/out toggle the first time it started.

I really appreciate you are trying something fun with this and it got spoiled, but I hope when it was gonna roll out you had some sort of opt in/out toggle the first time it started.
Hover over your username in the upper right. When the menu appears click "Preferences". Scroll down to " Enable PokéCatch game?" and deselect. Scroll to bottom and click "Save Changes".[DOUBLEPOST=1501729710,1501729598][/DOUBLEPOST]I suppose it would be nice if the developer added a little "Disable PokeCatch" link below the pokecatch boxes so it was trivial for people to stop seeing it.

It appears that once you catch a certain Pokemon, you can't catch it again. Guess who blew all his Normal Pokeballs attempting to catch multiples of certain Pokemon. :(

It appears that once you catch a certain Pokemon, you can't catch it again. Guess who blew all his Normal Pokeballs attempting to catch multiples of certain Pokemon. :(
I caught two of a few different pokemon. Are you looking at the "Pokedex", or the "Your caught pokemon" tab?

Dave

Staff member
You can catch multiples of the same type. Pokedex is unique caught and "Pokémon you caught" should show them all. Well, once the paging issues are fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Possibly. You would normally see something at the top of this very page.[DOUBLEPOST=1501728271,1501727958][/DOUBLEPOST]There's a way that I could set it up to not allow catching without Pokeballs. I could set the default catch rate for all of them to 0%. But that means that all Pokemon would be caught at a 5% rate with a Normal ball, etc. So I don't like that. I'm going to hit up the dev to see if we can get a setting that says that a Pokeball is required. I mean, it just makes sense, right?
I see it now on my laptop :)

I guess my iPad wasn't up to the job! I have caught some fun ones, but Chansey was a turd and made me waste a ton of my poke balls. How can I earn more again?

Dave

Staff member
Assuming I wanted to buy pokeballs with halbucks, how do I do that? The "Buy packages" link says
When the packages are turned on it throws up a board error so I have them turned off for now. Once that gets fixed you'll be able to use HB to buy Pokeballs.

So far over 600 pokemon have been caught. The most caught pokemon is sandshrew, with 17 existing. Wheedle and Mew are next at 13 each. There are over 90 which have only been caught once.

No one has more than 3 of a specific pokemon, so people are choosing to catch only those pokemon they haven't already caught. This also means that the leaders on the leaderboard are roughly in order of how full their pokedex is, ie how many different types of pokemon they have caught. Squidleybits has caught 141 different pokemon, I've caught 50.

There are 213 different pokemon caught so far, (out of a total 802 in the nintendo universe)

This post brought to you by an overwhelming urge to procrastinate and cutting and pasting 30 pages of halforums data into excel.

Dave

Staff member
I could remove the flood warning.[DOUBLEPOST=1501769805,1501769722][/DOUBLEPOST]Removed the flood check, but you still have to wait 60 seconds before catching the same KIND of Pokemon.

I could remove the flood warning.[DOUBLEPOST=1501769805,1501769722][/DOUBLEPOST]Removed the flood check, but you still have to wait 60 seconds before catching the same KIND of Pokemon.
Horrible idea. Just waiting for a 5 second script to completely flood the whoel forum and catch every possible Pokémon in 5 seconds, rinse, repeat.

I mean, I can now manually catch 12 Pokémon per minute. A script'll catch 300 per minute, wait, and catch them all all over again.

Dave

Staff member
Okay, so flood check - good idea or bad idea? If good idea, what's a good time to have to wait before trying to catch another one?

Is anyone on here going to be so lame as to make a script to hack a meaningless game?
I haven't written anything, just did it manually...And I've now caught 40 Pokémon in about 2 minutes.

Do you really think people won't script their way to having the biggest number? I mean, pushing buttons to make a number go up, then writing a script to push the button for you, that's prety much any hack for any game ever :p[DOUBLEPOST=1501771203,1501770634][/DOUBLEPOST]D'awww, timer's back :(

I mean, good, timer's back.