[Rant] Damn I miss this place sometimes.

I just started doing some online counseling for disabled/chronically ill people. I don't really want to go into any more details other than holy shit does admin SUCK!

When they get polite constructive feedback (especially after the worst redesign of a site I've ever seen), they post about how we've forgotten that they're only human or that they feel attacked or that wah wah I'm supposed to be counseling people but I can't fucking handle people not loving me 100% of the time.

Seriously it makes me pine for this place, because when I was here, admin rocked. Okay, yes, even BEFORE I became an admin. ;-) We squabbled among ourselves a little over certain topics, but in my opinion everyone who's ever been a moderator or admin here has done a far, far better job than these people who claim to be experts at human communication. I mean, I have to laugh at the idea of breaking down in tears because Chaz said something mean about me, and no mod/admin here was every whiny in the face of complaints that I recall.

So, just FYI, my compliments to a bunch of random people here who manage/managed this forum with a huge more amount of professionalism and respect than at a place where people are supposed to get serious emotional help. BAH.

Hugs to all who want 'em.

I should point out that in British football, doing the wave (called the Mexican Wave there) is associated with the match being boring. If it's an interesting match, very few people are going to be interested in joining in. They also wouldn't want to do the Wave if it might insult their team, as if they're calling the players boring.

*laughing*

No, I was more or less sober when I wrote that. Every time I go to that forum it's just more nauseating. I just read a mod circle jerk thread where the other users eagerly join in, panting in unrequited sycophancy. I needed a shower (and not for the good reason) after reading that. I've been on a lot of forums since Halforum -- no slut-shaming please -- and with one exception, even the worst of them were several orders of magnitude better than this one.

Thanks everyone for the greetings! I'll go click those little happy icons later because I am behind on work. Which is writing for a videogame, currently, I can't remember if you knew that, Dave. It's a volunteer gig on a nonprofit project but it's hella fun. And three little dart frogs have been added to the menagerie, and recently started producing viable eggs at a seriously impressive rate, so I'm running a little frog farm now. If anyone near So Cal wants to get started in the dart frog hobby, I can hook you up! (What. You guys already knew I was a total geek, nothing's changed there.) Otherwise, still rocking the housebound invalid thing, but it's a house with three frogs, two cats, and a husband, all of whom I adore, so things could be worse.

Is this a ships passing in the night moment?
Nah, I have a feeling I'm going to need a little HF therapy while I have to be on that site. (I could leave at any moment but I have two chatters who are in pretty dire straits and they're my priority.)

"Stay awhile and listen."
Holy cow level, I called Mr. ZM at work and went through the new voice menus for the first time, and I was howling because it's Deckard Cain giving you the menu, and he starts with those words.

Holy cow level, I called Mr. ZM at work and went through the new voice menus for the first time, and I was howling because it's Deckard Cain giving you the menu, and he starts with those words.
Glad you enjoyed my litte line, I love the voice actor who does him, he is all over the place.