[Brazelton] "COPS" (1989-2020)

I gotta say I had absolutely no idea this show was even still going.
The fact that it went on this long and eventually ended because of the George Floyd murder and the recent protests is in it's own level of historical though.

I am sad to see it go. Not because it had essentially become a PR booster for departments which were getting bad press, but because of its status as an American institution.

—Patrick

I saw a twitter thread yesterday scoping out a new season of Brooklyn 99 with what jobs the characters would have after the NYPD is defunded.
Honestly, I'm now almost at the end of S6, and I have to say the last two seasons have been a bit more hit-and-miss. The humor has changed a bit, which I don't mind, bu the way the moral is explained and hammered home is a bit much. B99 has always had the same sort of message, and I approve and all, but the earlier seasons don't end their episodes with 2-minute Serious Conversations About What We've Learned Today quite as much.

Will definitely watch S7 whenit's available, but...Maybe 7-8 seasons is enough? I feel like most comedy shows going over that lose quality - Scrubs, Friends, HIMYM, T70S, TBBT, almost all of them started losing steam around 7-8 and should've ended before 10.

Honestly, I'm now almost at the end of S6, and I have to say the last two seasons have been a bit more hit-and-miss. The humor has changed a bit, which I don't mind, bu the way the moral is explained and hammered home is a bit much. B99 has always had the same sort of message, and I approve and all, but the earlier seasons don't end their episodes with 2-minute Serious Conversations About What We've Learned Today quite as much.

Will definitely watch S7 whenit's available, but...Maybe 7-8 seasons is enough? I feel like most comedy shows going over that lose quality - Scrubs, Friends, HIMYM, T70S, TBBT, almost all of them started losing steam around 7-8 and should've ended before 10.
If it makes you feel better, it's pretty much consensus that season 7 was better than 6.

Dave

Staff member
I haven't watched cops in years anyway. I mean, I missed out somewhere in season three and was so far behind I wasn't sure if I'd be able to catch up on what the characters were doing.

I hate falling so far behind in a series.

I haven't watched cops in years anyway. I mean, I missed out somewhere in season three and was so far behind I wasn't sure if I'd be able to catch up on what the characters were doing.

I hate falling so far behind in a series.
Without a laugh track I was having difficulty figuring out what was funny or not.

I can't decide if they were worried they're about to run out of material, or have all 21 seasons subpoenaed in the trials that should/will be starting.