[Bug] "Content can't be shown in a frame"

The latest batch of @GasBandit's gifv posts are showing up blank in Firefox, and gives the notice above when using Edge. Edge gives the option to open in a new window where the imgur page opens.

Dave

Staff member
I wonder if it has anything to do with proxy-ing images. The host suggested for security purposes to turn it on but to be honest I don't know what it does.

GasBandit

Staff member
I wonder if it has anything to do with proxy-ing images. The host suggested for security purposes to turn it on but to be honest I don't know what it does.
I think that would explain it. What it does is change it so that any browser that request an image requests it only of halforums.com, and the server goes out to get the image, parses it, and then sends it to the client. It's supposedly better for security and privacy, but it may break the newer formats such as gifv.

I am of the opinion that we don't really need it to be honest.

Dave

Staff member
So what's the security risk in turning it off. The host was quite insistent that this helped with security. Is this where code injections happen?

GasBandit

Staff member

GasBandit

Staff member
Yeah, the proxy's breaking all kinds of images. Apparently it doesn't like GIFVs *or* gifs over a very small size. I recommend turning it off, and tell the host to mind its own business if they ask about it.[DOUBLEPOST=1455143751,1455143191][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok, I disabled the image proxy, and that fixed the large GIFs, but not the GIFVs, so something else is fucking them up. @Dave did you enable anything else because the host told you to?

GasBandit

Staff member
Dammit. The plugin/modular nature of Xenforo is real neat until you gotta troubleshoot something through 75 different options panels and try to figure out which one's gumming up the works.[DOUBLEPOST=1455145361,1455144799][/DOUBLEPOST]As far as I can tell, the plugin is generating the correct code...

Putting in
Code:
https://i.imgur.com/fCViRpM.gifv
Churns out

Code:
<iframe allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="500" height="281" src="//i.imgur.com/fCViRpM.gifv#embed"></iframe>
But when it comes time to display it doesn't come out...

[DOUBLEPOST=1455145412][/DOUBLEPOST]OH LOOK NOW IT IS WORKING FOR SOME REASON

GasBandit

Staff member
I'm starting to think the problem might be on imgur's end. This post by filmfanatic obviously worked monday, but now it doesn't. We changed to the new hosting on saturday. The image caching log goes back to 1 am sunday morning... so as far as gifvs go, that's a red herring, I think...

Last edited:
And yet when I hover over it it does show up. Weird.
Doesn't when I hover over it. Just stays empty.
If I start to reply to the message, I can grab the imgur identifier string and go look at it on imgur, but I can't see it here.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
I tracked down the media embed addon author once when we were having some problems with it, and he was kinda helpful at the time... I'll see if I can do so again, but it probably won't be until tonight or this weekend, work's been real busy the last few days.

At least when I view the post in Tapatalk, I get "unsupported video" like I usually do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk