[TV] Constantine

So, the fate of Constantine is up in the air. They will not be making any further episodes for the current season, the creators are pitching for a second season, so it may get a chance.

I hope it gets renewed because I feel like it was starting to pick up and they have started introducing more of the standard DC mystical characters like Felix Faust, the Spectre, and Eclipso. I'd like to see them be able to get to characters like Deadman.

It most certainly is the most accurate of John Constantine so far outside of the comics.

It's kind of ironic that while most of DC is getting too dark, this isn't dark enough :p

Last edited:
So, the fate of Constantine is up in the air. They will not be making any further episodes for the current season, the creators are pitching for a second season, so it may get a chance.

I hope it gets renewed because I feel like it was starting to pick up and they have started introducing more of the standard DC mystical characters like Felix Faust, the Spectre, and Eclipso. I'd like to see them be able to get to characters like Deadman.

It most certainly is the most accurate of John Constantine so far outside of the comics.

It's kind of ironic that while most of DC is getting too dark, this isn't dark enough :p
Word is that Constantine might get another chance over at SyFy.

It would probably pull in a better viewership on SyFy, where it's in less competition for a prime spot. Then again, it's basically guaranteed a cancellation after 5 years there. SyFy doesn't "do" contract renegotiation.

At first I was bummed, but the more I think about it, the less I care. I liked the actor as Constantine, but wasn't enjoying the standard
"monster of the week" platform. It was good when it was dealing with the big story, but in the end it lacked the teeth I wanted from it.

On the bright side, at least we're getting a Lucifer show.

No just kidding. It's still going to be a police procedural. How long until the next Marvel show on Netflix?

On the bright side, at least we're getting a Lucifer show.

No just kidding. It's still going to be a police procedural. How long until the next Marvel show on Netflix?
They get the rights to a comic series that rivals The Sandman in imagination and storytelling on a cosmic scale ... and completely waste it. I wish I hadn't looked this up after seeing your post, because everything about this show looks fucking stupid.

I think what's funniest (because you either choose that or sadness) is that the networks fail to recognize what makes so many of the current genre shows so damned popular: they put themselves out there with an idea that no one has seen before. Breaking Bad, Daredevil, Orange is the New Black, Penny Dreadful, even Battlestar Galactica. Instead, they get the rights to something like no one has ever seen, and they immediately turn it into a police show, one of the most cliched choices they could have made.

"This Fall, based on the acclaimed and beloved comic book series, it's CSI: Damnation."

At first I was bummed, but the more I think about it, the less I care. I liked the actor as Constantine, but wasn't enjoying the standard
"monster of the week" platform. It was good when it was dealing with the big story, but in the end it lacked the teeth I wanted from it.
Yeah, it's not like any show has ever gotten better after the first season, after finding it's footing.

And on an unrelated note, he's a random picture:

And one more:

Yeah, it's not like any show has ever gotten better after the first season, after finding it's footing.
Fair enough, but I still don't believe that NBC would be willing to take enough of a chance to let it go where it should have. I will absolutely watch it if someone else picks it up and continues it.

And on an unrelated note, he's a random picture:

And one more:

I don't think the beard was the secret to TNG's success, I think it was more the fact that they finally found a direction.
And commander Sinclair had his own role to play in the plot, and he was suited for it.

--Patrick

I don't think the beard was the secret to TNG's success
--Patrick
LIES... having a beard totally made every single story better by just being there... if Riker had no beard all those stories we loved from TNG would have sucked instead... BECAUSE BEARD!!!

Hint: those events coincide with the shows getting better, no one thinks they caused the improvement.

Also, i forgot how weird Riker looks clean shaven...

I'll take it! Matt Ryan was the best thing about Constantine and he should guest appear as him on all the DCTV shows.

So... I gotta watch Arrow now? *sigh*
Just Laurel it..... meaning fast forward through any scenes with Laurel (or any side character you don't like) in them. The plot lines are pretty simple and lose nothing from this method.

Eh, I'm fine with Laurel, though I agree she can grate at times, but it's not nearly as bad as that bratty little sister.

WAAAAAAHHHHHHHH QUIT LYING TO ME.... WAAAAAAHHHHHHHH....
OK, here's what we've done
WAAAAAAHHHHHHH YOU'RE TERRIBLE PEOPLE... WAAAAAAHHHHH