[News] Congress Holds Anti-Vaccination Hearings

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing, though, that people can really say against vaccines in general right now, since there's little scientific evidence to support them otherwise, is that they don't believe the government should be able to medicate them against their will.
Are the vaccinations mandatory, though? From what I understood from Dei's post, one can easily not have their children or themselves vaccinated, and it's perfectly legal. Or is this something that depends on which state one lives in?

If the vaccination is mandatory, then there might be issues with a person's right to choose regarding their own bodies.

Really? Well, Gas ol' boy, all you had to do was ask.

Ahem...

Senkin surkea, kelvoton jenkkilehmän peräpaan kaivelija! Sinun on nyt kuule parempi tukkia vanhan oikeistolaisen fraasikokoelmasta varastettuja "viisauksia" suoltava aukkosi - se ylempi siis, vaikka samaa paskaahan niistä molemmista lävistä ulos tunkee. Muuten saatan jopa suuttua ja aloittaa oman pikku talvisotani, minkä jälkeen juokset takaisin emäsi luo vinkuen niin kuin se karvainen pikku pallero joka todellisuudessa olet! Ja anna ollakin viimeinen kerta, tai potkin sinua perseelle niin lujaa että varpaat pilkistää suusta ja kankkulihasi voi myydä palvina! Perkele!

There... That oughta do it. Lemme know if you want some more... you damn eagle-schtoinker :p
Hmm... Google translate doesn't seem to like about half of that paragraph. Maybe it doesn't translate foul language. As it is, the translation gives me a wonderful sentence in the middle of your rant - "Otherwise, I may even get angry and start your own little Winter War, and then run back to the emäsi creates vinkuen as it hairy little tot who you really are!" I think I'll have to adopt "hairy little tot" for my own personal use.

GasBandit

Staff member
Really? Well, Gas ol' boy, all you had to do was ask.

Ahem...

Senkin surkea, kelvoton jenkkilehmän peräpaan kaivelija! Sinun on nyt kuule parempi tukkia vanhan oikeistolaisen fraasikokoelmasta varastettuja "viisauksia" suoltava aukkosi - se ylempi siis, vaikka samaa paskaahan niistä molemmista lävistä ulos tunkee. Muuten saatan jopa suuttua ja aloittaa oman pikku talvisotani, minkä jälkeen juokset takaisin emäsi luo vinkuen niin kuin se karvainen pikku pallero joka todellisuudessa olet! Ja anna ollakin viimeinen kerta, tai potkin sinua perseelle niin lujaa että varpaat pilkistää suusta ja kankkulihasi voi myydä palvina! Perkele!

There... That oughta do it. Lemme know if you want some more... you damn eagle-schtoinker :p
It's not the same if I have to come right out and say it.

No, what I mean is, I had to tell you to do it. That's like... paying for sex. From a vending machine.
Would it be easier for you to accept the idea of paying for sex from a vending machine if that same vending machine also came with a mechanical leg that kicked you in the nuts when you used it?

Are the vaccinations mandatory, though? From what I understood from Dei's post, one can easily not have their children or themselves vaccinated, and it's perfectly legal. Or is this something that depends on which state one lives in?

If the vaccination is mandatory, then there might be issues with a person's right to choose regarding their own bodies.
Vaccinations are required to get into public schools, with very few ways to opt out. Almost all have an opt out for religious reasons, though a few are very strict about that as well. Each state is different.

If you don't attend public school, or you sign the form saying your religion forbids it, then you don't have to be vaccinated. There are a few other times vaccination is checked and required - such as for welfare, some jobs, etc.

Interesting. I can well understand that some jobs require such vaccinations, jobs where medical health and standards of hygiene are quite important. Besides, a job is not exactly anyone's right. I'd assume similar reasons for opting out are accepted for welfare as for public schools, though. It would seem quite harsh if officials were in a position to deny welfare benefits from people who are otherwise entitled to them.

A person's right to their own bodies is not complete, of course, what with laws against suicide and euthanasia for instance, as well as anti-drug laws, and the varying legal status of abortion. So bodily rights are apparently considered neither inalienable nor actual human rights, but rather matters that are left up to the lawmakers' discretion. Given such a framework, one can see how vaccinations can be made mandatory. And perhaps high-level congressional debate on the vaccination topic is healthy, in the same vein as discussion on any law not dealing with fundamental rights not subject to change.

Did...did this thread actually manage to return to topic? :confused:

This must be what it feels like to have a prodigal son!

Now he must be vaccinated!

My wife has a friend who has an autistic son. She blames all of it on BIG PHARMA! It's like every single facebook post she makes, multiples a day, is a variation of "BIG PHARMA GAVE MY SON AUTISM!" Some of the crap that she posts is just so far out of this world that you have to wonder just what you could get her to believe. I've kept her as a facebook friend, but block her stuff from my wall, so that if my wife tells me something that she posted that is worthwhile, family photos or the like, I can take a look. Mostly I just shake my head at the crap she believes.

I think you're making something personal which didn't need to be. Yeah, we veer, but when it becomes a flag waving moronathon, it's probably time to put on our adult pants, step back, and let it go.
But... but... NR can't put on his adult pants on account of he doesn't wear pants

North_Ranger

Staff member
You know, they're very maligned here, but I bet they feel pretty rad.
Yeah, I guess... If you consider sweaty thighs and cooked balls "rad". Seriously, equating those things to a nice, relaxing sauna is like saying that getting clobbered on the back with baseball bats counts as a massage.

Yeah, I guess... If you consider sweaty thighs and cooked balls "rad". Seriously, equating those things to a nice, relaxing sauna is like saying that getting clobbered on the back with baseball bats counts as a massage.
Well James Bond equates getting hammered in the balls with a hard object the same as scratching them. So I'm sure someone somewhere thinks the same about a bat to the back

You know, they're very maligned here, but I bet they feel pretty rad.
According to one amazon review, you are correct:

Like a lot of guys, I sometimes have trouble getting a good crotch sweat going. Wrapping my nethers in plastic wrap and a dozen freshly baked Hot Pockets only goes so far. So, as soon as I saw this magnificent product I knew I must have it. The friendly orange hue and easy-to-use velcro attachments greatly appealed to me, and I was very pleased to see the roomy 54" waistline!

The first time I tried it I was simply amazed. I had never been so relaxed as I felt my own musky brine soak into every hairy crevice and all the pores on my considerable backside opened up. I fell into a deep meditative trance as my ears were soothed by the gentle sprinkle of ball sweat rolling down my glistening hammy thighs and dropping into a small tepid puddle on the floor. I sat there luxuriating in the cozy warmth of my nethers, slowly saturating my living room couch, and came to only when the depth of my relaxation allowed a small burst of flatulence to rise up and out of the Sauna Pants in a series of hot humid bubbles that tickled my lobster-red skin as they rolled out.

Now on freezing mornings the first thing I do after heaving myself out of bed is slip on my splendid Sauna Pants! Everyone else at the bus stop may be shivering but with my Sauna Pants tightly secured beneath my Utilikilt like a giant orange diaper, I know no fear of cold. When the bus arrives, my sweat-lubed legs slide effortlessly against each other as I waddle for the door. The pungent aroma that arises reminds me of my own healthful vitality. Through either jealousy or appreciation, I am always left with my own seat.

Status
Not open for further replies.