[TV] Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the comic he didn't even start out as part vampire, he was just a regular human...
Not exactly, considering Blade canonically around 44 when he first appeared and looked about half that. He's always had an extended life span, an ability to sense supernatural creatures, and an immunity to vampires and their abilities.

Not exactly, considering Blade canonically around 44 when he first appeared and looked about half that. He's always had an extended life span, an ability to sense supernatural creatures, and an immunity to vampires and their abilities.
It's Marvel, unless he was bitten by a radioactive vampire he totally counts as a flatscan...

Did they ever mention why he had those abilities?

Did they ever mention why he had those abilities?
Because Deacon Frost bit his mother while she was giving birth, meaning the film took the same origin and used it to give him a far more "logical" power set. In the comics, he didn't get the more vamp-like abilities until Morbius The Living Vampire bit him.

BananaHands

Staff member
Episode 3.16 - "Virtual Systems Analysis"

"When a final exam is postponed, Annie talks Abed into letting her spending some time in the dreamatorium, where an innocent simulation turns into an examination of the study group."

My wife doesn't really watch Community at all and she woke up early this morning while I was just starting this episode. I think she may have thought this was the weirdest 30 minutes of her life.

ElJuski

Staff member
I wasn't fully sold on the first half, but I think the second half had enough wrinkles in it that sold the growth and bonding. I just hope that growth continues to exist. Getting a little tired of Jeff and Annie.

BananaHands

Staff member

This episode was wonderful. I was hoping for an appearance of Evil Abed, but I think it really played on the debate episode where Abed can 'predict' the future because he knows the other characters so well.

Also, Abed knowing Troy well enough to perfectly simulate his darker secrets and a breakdown was wonderful.

I have to say that was not the episode I expected from the description. Still really liked it. That was less comedy and just a real good character study of Abed.

How many episodes are left? Do you think they'll wrap up the Air Conditioning repair school storyline this season, since it still doesn't look good for a 4th season happening?

ElJuski

Staff member
From all of the interviews with the cast and Dan Harmon that I've followed, they're pretty much wrapping up all the "darkness" this season, and setting our characters off on their eventual paths by the end. So yeah, it looks like Troy will end up going to the AC repair school. But once again, that's all just hearsay.

Because Deacon Frost bit his mother while she was giving birth, meaning the film took the same origin and used it to give him a far more "logical" power set. In the comics, he didn't get the more vamp-like abilities until Morbius The Living Vampire bit him.
So that was from before the film... how long after his 1st appearance was that origin used?

So that was from before the film... how long after his 1st appearance was that origin used?
I know this is an old post, but it was always his origin from when he was first introduced in Tomb of Dracula, back when he was killing vamps with the Van Helsing clan and Hannibal King. It was his entire reason to start hunting vampires in the first place.

I know this is an old post, but it was always his origin from when he was first introduced in Tomb of Dracula, back when he was killing vamps with the Van Helsing clan and Hannibal King. It was his entire reason to start hunting vampires in the first place.
Actually i looked it up and the origin was 2 years after his appearance if wiki is to be believed... but yeah, that was his first origin story and 2 years isn't that long in comicbooks, 24 issues max...

Status
Not open for further replies.