[TV] Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously though, the episode did make me want a subway sandwich, and I have to respect Subway for letting a TV show do that with their sponsorship. A lot of businesses wouldn't play along with that.

ElJuski

Staff member
Probably my second favorite episode of this season compared to the Chaos Theory episode. They're doing great shit. Pop pop captain.

I do have to say seriously, though, that even when they are fitting it into the story well, the company shilling is getting pretty blatant. It seems like every show now, there's some sort of point of mentioning products.

My thought is that it is to make up for the lost ad revenue from viewers switching to watching online.

I do have to say seriously, though, that even when they are fitting it into the story well, the company shilling is getting pretty blatant. It seems like every show now, there's some sort of point of mentioning products.

My thought is that it is to make up for the lost ad revenue from viewers switching to watching online.
Who also have to watch ads. Lots of them.

ElJuski

Staff member

You mean like back in the old days when characters would actually stop and shill for products? Having a guy named Subway, and making jokes that are relatable to people, is a great concession by comparrison.

"You're not funny. You're O.K." was my favorite bit of that.

I rather like the Pierce character because he is such a difficult character to like.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/03/chevy-chase-in-feud-with-community-creator-dan-harmon/

!

I dunno, I feel that maybe Pierce Hawthorn won't be around on the show after this season.
http://danharmon.tumblr.com/post/20430020654/not-that-it-helps-but
Dan Harmon said:
I’m really not supposed to be commenting on the situation, which I think is great advice, because anything I say will extend the story’s life and cause more fans discomfort. But as a guy who blogs or tweets every time he wipes his butt, hugs his cat or hurts his girlfriend, it’s conspicuously weird of me to say nothing at all about the giant fart with my name on it that you’ve been inhaling...

That was quite possibly the best episode since the last paintball episode. I wish to now be referred to as a Changlorious Bastard.

Also, did anyone else try calling the 800 number at the end and disappointed that it didn't work? :(

No, but I love, LOVE the concept of this one. I don't want to ruin it for anyone who hasn't seen it, so...

Holy shit, doing the episode in the Ken Burns documentary style was a stroke of brilliance.

BananaHands

Staff member
I enjoyed tonight's episode. But I don't need the romance between the characters shoved down my throat anymore this season. I get it. Stop making me look at loving states at the end of every episode.

So, did Abed just make a huge gaffe on movie trivia? I don't recall Blades having a blade made of silver and a blade infused with garlic on his sword... seeing as that would be redundant because silver is the vampire's main weakness. I wouldn't nitpick, except it's something that Ahed himself would nitpick.

It wasn't even a joke, it was a throwaway line. But if your character's main defining trait is pop culture minutia, that minutia should generally be correct, n'est pas?

ElJuski

Staff member
Also *pushes up glasses* was Blade really a kickboxer? *snort* and I don't remember all that squish and squealing going on in the movie *snargle*

So, did Abed just make a huge gaffe on movie trivia? I don't recall Blades having a blade made of silver and a blade infused with garlic on his sword... seeing as that would be redundant because silver is the vampire's main weakness. I wouldn't nitpick, except it's something that Ahed himself would nitpick.
As i recall the blade had silver inserts or something like that, and i think there was a mention of using garlic solution or somesuch too...

But i don't think it had more then one blade, titanium with silver worked into it somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.