[Announcement] Cog's Medical Fund

Dave

Staff member
There are still some that have not posted to my PayPal that show up in the Admin Panel that the donations have been made. An IM have been sent to the donating individuals to make sure that the numbers were correct and that they didn't get any error messages. If everything looks good on their end, it's just PayPal being squirrely, probably because of the fact they are outside of the US. (Hope this doesn't roach my PayPal account!)

If and when those come through, we've actually hit the $1500 mark Cog needed for the surgery. Which is frickin' amazing! I'm going to leave it up for a day or two just in case, though. If anyone wants to give still they can. All money (after fees) will go to Cog and his family.

Love you guys.

Hola, soy Verónica, la esposa de Cog. En estos momentos mis ojos se llenan de lágrimas de agradecimiento porque gente que no me conoce se ha preocupado por mi situación. Esto restaura en gran medida la fé en la generosidad de los demás que es tan difícil de encontrar en estos tiempos. No tengo palabras para expresar todo lo que siento. Solo puedo decirles mil gracias a los amigos imaginarios de mi esposo que es como yo los llamo. Mil bendiciones para ustedes y sus seres queridos. Siempre los buenos actos tendrán recompensa.

PD: Me pueden explicar como es que se interesan por mi esposo ;)? Literalmente nadie lo aguanta acá.

Via google translate:

Hi, it's Veronica, Cog's wife. At the moment my eyes are filled with tears of gratitude because people who do not know me have cared about my situation. This greatly restores faith in the generosity of others that is so difficult to find in these times. I have no words to express everything I feel. I can only say a thousand thanks to the imaginary friends of my husband who is what I call them. A thousand blessings for you and your loved ones. Good deeds will always have a reward.

PS: Can you explain to me how you are interested in my husband ;)? Literally no one can stand it here.

Nos gusta Cog porque és un hombre honrado y de buén caracter, el amor que siente por ud. y su hija és admirable. También escribe el Inglés muy rarillo, cosa que nos divierte ;)

Je suis une bibliothèque

Dammit, French! Why are you so useless?
The joke I was going to make like a billion years too late.

I'm ashamed that I'm so broke right now thanks to some ongoing money issues that I can't help. All I can do is wish you and your wife the best in hard times.

Reactions: Cog
Today I arrived home and find Vero with a 104° fever. Went to the er again. She was hospitalized again. This will likely delay the surgery that is suposed to be urgent. If it weren't for you all I would start to think that nothing good is happening to me.

Dave

Staff member
Well then we're glad we're here!

Money update!
  • Amount in PayPal transferred to my account: $1152
  • Amount remaining to be donated: $500 (a couple of donations erred out and they are trying again Monday).
I have Cog's information and will be sending it as soon as the last couple of donations come in. I do have to leave the button up so they can use it Monday, however. But we've hit the goal. Y'all are amazing.[DOUBLEPOST=1506779338,1506779210][/DOUBLEPOST]
9-30-2017 8-47-45 AM.png
[DOUBLEPOST=1506779498][/DOUBLEPOST]For the record, the total amount donated so far was $1300. PayPal got $148. Next time we'll use Venmo. I apologize I didn't realize there was an alternative that didn't take so many fees.

Oh, we weren't done yet.

EDIT: @Dave I forgot to put in a comment what my payment was for, I assume you'll know it was for this. I also assume you'll know who it was from.

--Patrick

Last edited:
Well then we're glad we're here!

Money update!
  • Amount in PayPal transferred to my account: $1152
  • Amount remaining to be donated: $500 (a couple of donations erred out and they are trying again Monday).
I have Cog's information and will be sending it as soon as the last couple of donations come in. I do have to leave the button up so they can use it Monday, however. But we've hit the goal. Y'all are amazing.[DOUBLEPOST=1506779338,1506779210][/DOUBLEPOST]View attachment 25642[DOUBLEPOST=1506779498][/DOUBLEPOST]For the record, the total amount donated so far was $1300. PayPal got $148. Next time we'll use Venmo. I apologize I didn't realize there was an alternative that didn't take so many fees.

It took me a moment to figure out you blurred that, I thought my eyes had broken.