[Announcement] Cog's Medical Fund

Traveling to Guayaquil monday morning. We have to be in the clinic by 10 am, so we are leaving at 5 am. We are no having the surgery but we are going to schedule it.

Did I mention that I hate to travel? For some reason I can think of a lot of worst things so I'm ok with it now.

Get plenty of sleep and DRIVE SAFELY!

--Patrick
I can't drive. We had to hire someone who will take us there and back.

I'm missing a lot of work. December is going to be very stressful for me and the people who depends of my work to do theirs.

Last edited:
A

Anonymous

Anonymous

I can't drive. We had to hire someone who will take us there and back.

I'm missing a lot of work. December is going to be very stressful for me and the people who depends of my work to do theirs.
When you say you can't drive, do you mean:

a: you yourself do not know how to drive an automobile;
b: you are in no fit condition to drive an automobile;
c: something else which forced you to hire a driver.

I'm sorry if this seems too inquisitive, I just thought pretty much everybody knew how to drive, even if they don't own a car.

I'm sorry if this seems too inquisitive, I just thought pretty much everybody knew how to drive, even if they don't own a car.
I don't know how to drive. I'm honestly afraid to do it. I lack of senses of direction and measure.

My wife didn't know how to drive until she was 27. She didn't have a reason to get a license or drive a car until then. I don't think it's all that unusual.

I don't have a car driver's license. My brother got his at 29. My dad is in his 50's and has no license of any kind (mopeds ftw). We're all able-bodied.

Outside of the US and Canada there are lots of people who don't drive and never get a drivers license.

Outside of the US and Canada there are lots of people who don't drive and never get a drivers license.
Hush, you. If word gets out, it can only end one of two ways: more freedom for the rest of the world, or better public transportation for North America. AND WE CAN'T HAVE THAT NOW CAN WE

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
The not having a sense of distance would be a problem. I don't blame him for not putting others at risk.

My son is scared of driving and wants nothing to do with it. I'm probably going to work" getting him a permit, but I don't know that he'll even use it.

I lived overseas when I turned 16 and I had no interest in driving. There was no need. There was excellent public transit.

I got my license when I was about 26 when we moved here because the transit here is terrible and I needed to drive for my job. Where we live now, I have to drive. We're super far from everything.

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

I was a mess when I turned old enough to learn to drive. I refused to learn because the public transport where I live is good enough and I was pretty sure if I did drive then one day I would wrap the car around a tree at speed and it probably wouldn't be an accident. Two decades on and the fear of deliberately crashing isn't a concern any more but the public transport is still good enough so I've never got round to learning.

Living here would be a goddamn nightmare if I couldn't drive. I'd love to live in a city where you don't have to though. Its such a hassle.

The not having a sense of distance would be a problem. I don't blame him for not putting others at risk.
Depends on the context. I don't have a good sense of distance as in I can't estimate in yards how far it is from my house to my neighbor's. I have no problem with depth perception though.

When I was a teenager, I had to put a compass in my car so I could find my way around. I've gotten better but I still praise the invention of GPS.

GasBandit

Staff member
When I was a teenager, I had to put a compass in my car so I could find my way around. I've gotten better but I still praise the invention of GPS.
Some people really do have no sense of direction. Pauline often confused left with right, and frequently got lost in malls.

Update. Vero can't have the surgery until her urinary infection is cleared. Also, she needs a new tomography. Also, because of the passed time, her eye is now cicatrized and it's going to be a more difficult (and expensive) operation. Luckyly, you gave us more than enough for it. Thank you again.

I thought this phase was over. Worst case scenario, she is going back to the hospital (this time a private clinic). Best case, more antibiotics. Still the surgery keeps being postponed.

Update: Another 10 days of treatment and the test for infection came back negative. The doctor says that we need to wait another month and test again. If that test results are negative, finally Vero will have her surgery.

She is doing a lot better and told me to say hello to all of you.

Not.... literally sending it, you understand, as the postal services frown on that sort of thing.

But we can expect you to act as our hug-proxy.

Dave

Staff member
No, I meant that literally. So when the box arrives, Cog, make really sure you want what's inside before you open it.

:)rofl:)[DOUBLEPOST=1510935060,1510934986][/DOUBLEPOST]Whoa. That's weird. You can't put the rolling emoji inside parenthesis. It reverts the image back to the : rofl : (without the spaces) and so it reads the : & ) each way as normal smilies.