[Announcement] Cog's Medical Fund

Dave

Staff member
Strange question. Are you going to be recouping ANY of this from the driver at fault?

Maybe in time. The guy is already free and declared without fault of his own. That's how things work here.

Still in the hospital. She has a nasty infection caused by the urinary catheter they used while she was in er.

Last edited:

Dave

Staff member
[DOUBLEPOST=1506905970,1506905948][/DOUBLEPOST]If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all....

Dave

Staff member
Okay, all. I have removed the donation button and will be sending the money probably Wednesday. All known donations have been received.

I have transferred money from my PayPal to my bank in the following amounts:
  • $768.70
  • $383.30
  • $1077.52
The final tally comes out to...$2,229.52.

@Cog & @Vero : Merry Christmas. :)

Dave

Staff member
By the way, the reason the stuff is just a bit different is because PayPal took $.25 to send the money to my card.

If anyone needs to see accounting details like donation amounts, etc. just let me know and I'll take screen shots. Hopefully I've done everything transparently enough to satisfy.

By the way, the reason the stuff is just a bit different is because PayPal took $.25 to send the money to my card.

If anyone needs to see accounting details like donation amounts, etc. just let me know and I'll take screen shots. Hopefully I've done everything transparently enough to satisfy.
You've built the sort of reputation here that even if you skimmed $50 I'd be like, "Eh, he probably needed it."

--Patrick

No. Things aren't going well. Vero was exposed to kpc baceria in the hospital and she will have to be tested. I desperately need some rest from all this.

I couldn't sleep last night. I just want this nightmare to end.
My life is currently somewhat sucky and I'm super stressed out, but I sincerely mean it when I say that if I had means of sending some good fortune from me to you, I would. You deserve a break, man.

I couldn't sleep last night. I just want this nightmare to end.
I'm so sorry some of us don't live closer. I'd really love to be able to do something to help lessen your burden, even if it was making a few meals for your family or helping out with your daughter. Your mind must be going in 50 different directions, it's no wonder you can't sleep.

Dammit I just saw this now.
I hope things get better soon Cog! And that your wife's health improves swiftly and without further complications.
Thank you for keeping us posted. You've got a lot of people rooting for both of you.

I hope she's feeling better soon. I'm really glad that there was something that we could do to help you all. Will she be able to have the surgery soon, now that she's been released?

I really wish that we were closer though. It sounds like you could use a hug! And no more surprises!

I hope she's feeling better soon. I'm really glad that there was something that we could do to help you all. Will she be able to have the surgery soon, now that she's been released?

I really wish that we were closer though. It sounds like you could use a hug! And no more surprises!
We'll have to check with her doctor. I'm worried about all the time that's passed.

Update: We can't have the surgery here in Portoviejo. We will have to travel to Guayaquil next week and see another doctor. Also, Vero's fever is back.

Dave

Staff member
Well, we know you have the money for it, so that's one less thing to worry about!

Give her our love, will you?

Reactions: Cog