[Other] Coachella

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shannow

Staff member
Its a sick lineup, and I would try to make it, but it is jsut too far out for me. SO instead, as I do every year, I will travel to Tennesee for Bonnaroo in June!

fade

Staff member
Yay, obscurity = cool when it comes to music, so this is worth, like, 100 cool points.

EDIT: /SARCASM

Never did manage to get to that when I was still in CA, so even less likely now that I'm on the other side of the country. Someday, though. Someday.

ElJuski

Staff member
I didn't think that many of these bands are obscure, if by obscure, you mean, "Not U2, Coldplay or the Foo Fighters".

fade

Staff member
There are popular headliners, but I wouldn't go so far as to say "that many". And this is from a guy who's Pandora and Last.FM are constantly set to indie stations. But if they're good, they're good, no matter how obscure OR how popular. It's one of those things that irritates me greatly: assigning more cool points to a band the more obscure they are, and taking cool points away for popularity, instead of for talent. You can be obscure and talentless, or popular and talented.

When I saw "that band from that one commercial", I thought, "they must mean Feist", and sure enough, there they are.

ElJuski

Staff member
I don't think anyone outside the age of 15 considers obscurity equal to how good a band is. But I guess I kind of see your point.

PS, Feist is a "she", not a they. For posterity.

fade

Staff member
I don't think anyone outside the age of 15 considers obscurity equal to how good a band is. But I guess I kind of see your point.

PS, Feist is a "she", not a they. For posterity.
You haven't been on the indie scene in Boston then.

I know that Leslie Feist is a woman, but she plays with a band, doesn't she?

Status
Not open for further replies.