CivClicker

GasBandit

Staff member
1741 wolves attacked. REALLY??

Call national geographic. Call guinness. Somebody tell me they got video on their camera of 1700 wolves simultaneously attacking a 350k population nation-state.

22 clicks is a cruel challenge. So many wolves eating all your workers and nothing you can do to stop them.

Build a wonder tonight in just under 5 hours. I basically kept the game running in the background for 2 days to gain supplies, and still didn't have enough herbs, and started the wonder at about 4:30 and it finished at about 9:30. I'll have to up herb production.

GasBandit

Staff member
It is such an irritation to me how much basic resources go to waste as you grind special resources. "Sure we cut down 30,000 trees. BURN THEM, we want the herbs that were under them."

I don't look at it like that. More of, were full in storage, everyone search for this stupid herb now.

My biggest problem with leaving it running was making sure I had enough graveyard to bury the wolves and barbarians in while I was gone. I didn't do much conquest, enough to have spare land, but keeping up with the bodies was the worst part.

GasBandit

Staff member
I don't look at it like that. More of, were full in storage, everyone search for this stupid herb now.
I would believe that if having woodgathering workers increased their herb output when the wood storage was full. But I don't think it does.

Anyway... two wonders/deities down... starting over again.

You find herbs as you gather wood, if you cannot gather wood because you have no room you cannot find herbs.

GasBandit

Staff member
22 clicks is a cruel challenge. So many wolves eating all your workers and nothing you can do to stop them.
How the hell do you set your first worker to farm in time without him starving to death?[DOUBLEPOST=1395260389,1395260257][/DOUBLEPOST]
You find herbs as you gather wood, if you cannot gather food you cannot find herbs.
But what I'm saying is wood gathering workers continue to gather herbs after wood storage is full... it's just the wood they would have gathered at the same time goes completely to waste as there was no storage for it, and herb gathering does not increase in speed as if they were devoting woodgathering time to herbs instead. And that irritates me.

GasBandit

Staff member
You have 1 second to turn him into a farmer before he starves.
Next question... how do you get the special resources to buy the upgrade to let your workers gather special resources, since you only get enough clicks to get barely enough to build one guy and a tent? Can't get any more skins after that.

You build food to max.
You flip to wood, as you do you burn your food.
You build a barn.

Repeat until you have enough storage space to upgrade to cottages.
You build cottages and increase your population.
You build up lots and lots of storage space.

You sit on your ass until a trade comes by that you can actually perform.
You spend gold to open up the trade menu and buy the special resources to get you the upgrades.

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
... so in other words, suffer through hours of veeeeeeeeeery slow progress watching ONE GUY research masonry then build a cottage, and one day eventually get lucky with a trade or three.

Man. F this achievement right in the A. >_< At least when the wolves come and eat my lone farmer, they don't leave a corpse for the next guy to get sick off of, I suppose.

GasBandit

Staff member
It's not that bad...
It's pretty bad.

One worker eats 1 food per second.
Your one worker grows food at 1.3 per second, for a net gain of 0.3 food per second.
If he stops growing food, he can either harvest wood at 0.5 per second or stone at 0.2 per second while continuing to consume stockpiled food at 1/sec.

It takes 100 wood and stone just to get the upgrade to allow him to start building housing that doesn't require skins (which he can't gather on his own).

That is some tedious goddamned shit right there. And you have to sit and watch it or stuff goes to waste or he gets eaten by wolves or you accidentally slip too low in food and THEN get eaten by wolves and unable to buy another worker which means you're boned.

GasBandit

Staff member
Gaaahhd dammit I may have just fucked my 22 click game by not watching for overcrowing. Why does it even let you go over the land max when it causes severe penalties to production that drastically outweigh any possible reason to go over? Why not just hard limit it like EVERYTHING ELSE IS?

It more depends on how lucky you are with your first 20 clicks. I was able to get 3 skins with mine so I could build a tent then soon after a hut which allowed for a somewhat ok wait time to get to upgrade my buildings where I could get cottages. After that building up the resources to get a huge population was almost like before. It just takes forever waiting for a trade to come along that you can do. It seems this game revolves around waiting for trades though. Wonders take forever without it.

But yeah it would have taken forever if I didnt get that extra skin

Gaaahhd dammit I may have just fucked my 22 click game by not watching for overcrowing. Why does it even let you go over the land max when it causes severe penalties to production that drastically outweigh any possible reason to go over? Why not just hard limit it like EVERYTHING ELSE IS?
I believe it is to represent encroaching on another Civ thus resulting in more raids against you. I'm concerned that there may not be a hard land cap for kingdoms.

GasBandit

Staff member
One thing it definitely does is turn your populace angry in a hurry, which cuts their work efficiency to a fraction.

Dagh. Well, I managed to trade some food for the first gold, and some stone for the second some half hour later... so now I can harvest ore, which means I can get metal as well. Now I just need to trade for some skins and I'll be able to fix my little overcrowding problem.

Burn Wicker Man is kinda sick. It's like you literally kill the least productive person at your workplace to get a spike in productivity.

GasBandit

Staff member
Burn Wicker Man is kinda sick. It's like you literally kill the least productive person at your workplace to get a spike in productivity.
And "Walk behind the rows" sacrifices a worker every second to fertilize the soil and increase food production. Really, I think the "of the fields" deity is way more insidious than the underworld deity. It's all about human sacrifice, cannibalism, and all that shit. The last one is creepy as hell too. "Stay with ussssssss..." Merchants check in... they don't check out.

Monsanto.........[DOUBLEPOST=1395277279,1395276958][/DOUBLEPOST]The rate of wonder building is dependent upon the number and type of wonders built :eek:

GasBandit

Staff member
Monsanto.........[DOUBLEPOST=1395277279,1395276958][/DOUBLEPOST]The rate of wonder building is dependent upon the number and type of wonders built :eek:
Yeah. Definitely noticed that on even just the second wonder. Built even slower, and 1g bought 0.7 instead of 1 percent.

Yeah. Definitely noticed that on even just the second wonder. Built even slower, and 1g bought 0.7 instead of 1 percent.
I haven't started my 3rd go round yet, but I have a feeling by the time you're building the 7th wonder it will be down to .1 per 100 gold.

Dave

Staff member
Just got attacked by 20,000 or so bandits with 47 siege engines. I now have another 47 siege engines.

GasBandit

Staff member
I haven't been able to play because today I've had lots of actual work to do, and I couldn't watch the game. And one does not leave a 22-click game unattended.

Dave

Staff member
Bandits are fucking stupid. I have an Empire of a couple million people with over 250,000 soldiers and I worship war. 3,000 bandits thought it would be a good idea to go all RAHHH!

Finished wonder #3, taking a break for a day or so, then to #4. Dumped 40k laborers onto the project, got about .1% every minute or so, used about 8k gold to buy over half, finished in less than 2 hours.