[News] Chocolate Walnut Ice Cream Meltdown...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only sexual harassment suite that I know of is in its second year, these things don't get settled quickly. No one is going to hand over $35-45,000 bucks under 4 months.

$35,000 is chickenfeed for a settlement. Paula Jones received $850,000 for her lawsuit against clinton.

The first two are anonymous to the public, who they are reporting their accusations to.
No... they were involved with sexual harassment suits which were then reported on by the media they themselves haven't talked to any reporters or media.

From Politico, it was some people currently involved with NRA when asked how the lobby group was under Cain's leadership.

"..." Then they spilled the beans about the allegations and settlement.

Ah, gotcha, I thought I had heard on NPR that they "wanted" to go public but their settlement didn't allow it so they could only accuse anonymously.

Either way, this guy is done. Good job press, you took out the black guy in the race.

Ah, gotcha, I thought I had heard on NPR that they "wanted" to go public but their settlement didn't allow it so they could only accuse anonymously.

Either way, this guy is done. Good job press, you took out the black guy in the race.
I'm pretty sure the press doesn't care about the color of his skin. We're talking about an opportunistic group of piranhas who would push Mother Teresa down a flight of stairs if it meant more readers/viewers.

http://www.splicetoday.com/politics-and-media/the-face-of-republican-stupidity

Heh. I am not sure if this is a legit source, but I wouldn't be surprise one bit
summary: basically there isn't a real candidate for Republican and Cain is just a "running joke" for now to "test the waters" of the public (from what I understand)
I need to punch whoever wrote that Chibi, punch them hard.

I quote:

Every idea adopted by American conservatives immediately finds its worst form. That includes the idea of racial equality. Cain joins Michael Steele, former chairman of the Republican National Committee, as a blithering mediocrity elevated beyond his talents because he’s the right color presented in the right style—meaning not just that he’s black, but a black man who is tall, bald, and peppy
Ignorance hurts.

I think it's sad that Michael Steele had to play an idiot on tv while head of the RNC. Now when I see him I find him fantastic to listen to.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57321187/cain-accuser-filed-complaint-at-next-job/

A woman who settled a sexual harassment complaint against GOP presidential candidate Herman Cain in 1999 complained three years later at her next job about unfair treatment, saying she should be allowed to work from home after a serious car accident and accusing a manager of circulating a sexually charged email.

The complaint also cited as objectionable an email that a manager had circulated comparing computers to women and men, a former supervisor said. The complaint claimed that the email, based on humor widely circulated on the Internet, was sexually explicit, according to the supervisor, who did not have a copy of the email. The joke circulated online lists reasons men and women were like computers, including that men were like computers because "in order to get their attention, you have to turn them on." Women were like computers because "even your smallest mistakes are stored in long-term memory for later retrieval."
:facepalm:

One more little tidbit that came out today. Anonymous Accuser #2 is "Sharon from Chicago".

Accuser #4 is Sharon Bialek from Chicago.

Anonymous Accuser #2 may well be Accuser #4. (They both went to the same attorney who released a statement about the accusations. Accuster #4 eventually went to Gloria Allred instead)

C

Chibibar

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57321187/cain-accuser-filed-complaint-at-next-job/

A woman who settled a sexual harassment complaint against GOP presidential candidate Herman Cain in 1999 complained three years later at her next job about unfair treatment, saying she should be allowed to work from home after a serious car accident and accusing a manager of circulating a sexually charged email.

:facepalm:

One more little tidbit that came out today. Anonymous Accuser #2 is "Sharon from Chicago".

Accuser #4 is Sharon Bialek from Chicago.

Anonymous Accuser #2 may well be Accuser #4. (They both went to the same attorney who released a statement about the accusations. Accuster #4 eventually went to Gloria Allred instead)

ah. so pretend to be another so to keep her "identity" now I am changing my view on this if the above article is accurate (in terms that the woman who filed sexual harassment on basis that she can't take any humor or criticism at all)

If the original harassment is similar to the email (i.e. it was a joke and she took it personally) then I DON'T feel sorry for the women and Cain is improperly slanders (not sure of the women 1 but that is a different story) I don't agree with Cain's politics but hopefully he can put this behind him.

Unfortunately it's probably too late at this point and the guy is already labelled. It doesn't matter if it's true or not, the damage is done.

GasBandit

Staff member
He's still ahead in the polls, but now he, Romney and (wonder of all wonders) Gingrich are all pretty much within the margin of error of each other. Perry has pretty much gone down in flames, thankfully.

Funny, the complaint mentioned the email but it was NOT about the email. The complaint was that she was injured in a car crash and wanted to work from home.

Status
Not open for further replies.