Check your privilege

I got 85 if I only identified as white, and -25 if I identified as white and other (I have usually included my Native American heritage though my genealogy research is now pointing me toward it possibly not being true).
I have quite a few problems with this survey. They don't include mental illness, just mental disability. Their attractiveness scale does not include average weight, thin build, or average attractiveness. The "size" category should be "height" to avoid confusion with frame size. There are also more sexual orientations than they list.

figmentPez

Staff member
First off, how do they not have pansexual or demisexual options? They have not been paying proper attention to social justice buzzword bingo!

Also, an option for mental disability, but not for mental illness/disorder? Because disability doesn't really seem like it fits, even if my mental disorders cause huge amounts of trouble in my life. Just that one check-box changes me from 105 down to -95.

Cajungal

Staff member
45. I feel like they should also ask how much help you got for college and other expenses. Because I make very little money but I also have absolutely no debt.

I can't fill it out since Canada is not an option and there are too many differences between Canada and the USA. If I say I'm in the US I get 180. I don't feel that privileged, I can't afford a house, I'm not really saving for retirement, and my kids will have to pay for their own school.

To those complaining, I really don't think this survey is all that serious.

I mean, just my assessment, but what do I know, I'm a shitlord.

If this is serious, the 'kinship' question is a bit crazy...

Oh, I got that "Your privilege level is Privileged with a score of 85". I had to say I have an attractive face because they had no average option.
Whatever, it doesn't make any sense. Also, if it's serious it may do a disservice in many cases: you aren't privileged or not, a lot of people who are in bad positions have some sort of privilege, isn't that how it works? As in, white privilege is still a thing even if you are poor or whatever.

If this is serious, the 'kinship' question is a bit crazy...

Oh, I got that "Your privilege level is Privileged with a score of 85". I had to say I have an attractive face because they had no average option.
Actually, you can mark none of the options for appearence (that's what I did).

Shitlord of 180 for the win.

I got a 40, probably because I'm both a woman and had to check the no job option since I choose to stay at home to raise my kids. Never mind that our income level should probably put me in asshole territory by default. So yeah, it can't be that serious. :p

Advantaged. Probably because I am bi and over weight. :p Non canada option so, I went by where Newfoundlander identify more with...so the UK because we haven't stopped bitching about leaving since we left. A province of anglophiles.

185. Kicking ass and taking names.

Incidentally, I think its based off of this image (which is meant to be a joke, or else its horribly flawed). A black billionaire would be worse off than a white middle class person.

Ok, that's clearly a joke. The clearest parts are:

"If you are doing this on a Friday or Saterday night, add -15"
and
"Add it up. If you can't add -30"

45 Advantaged. I'm pretty sure it's because I selected "Other" as a race because I'm mixed and don't really self-identify as one over the other.

Status (based on you or your family, in US$)

Middle (45k-65k)/yAffluent (100k-250k/y)Rich (>$1,000,000/y)Plutocrat (>$1,000,000,000 net)Homeless or InstitutionalizedPoor (<30k/y)Next

...People between 30k and 45k a year, or between 65k and 100k a year, or between 250k and 1mi a year, don't exist? Or can't pick an option? That test is beyond ridiculous.
Either it's satire, or it's a horrible horrible thing I don't want to know about.

Also, "White" is racist. It's Caucasian.

Also, Germany is "meh"? Seriously, this person does not know anything about economics.

GasBandit

Staff member
We need to make a user group or something and call it Shitlords United to Communicate Known Interesting Things. Or SUCKIT.