Carter strikes again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It also does not help that the South Carolina Douche was one of the guys that was for keeping the Confederate Battle Flag on the state capitol.

It also does not help that the South Carolina Douche was one of the guys that was for keeping the Confederate Battle Flag on the state capitol.
What doesn't help is dips like Carter using racism to invalidate their ideological opponents arguments. It's weak and petty.
It's not even about if there IS racism. Of course there is. As Ashburner pointed out in GB's thread, it's in BOTH parties. It's in everyone lives. It's something we ALL have to deal with on some level.
It doesn't mean we can shut up everyone we disagree with by calling them racist. It's a bad tone to set for the discussion and it's embarrassing to see a former President crawl around in such a low level of discourse.

What doesn't help is dips like Carter using racism to invalidate their ideological opponents arguments. It's weak and petty.
It's not even about if there IS racism. Of course there is. As Ashburner pointed out in GB's thread, it's in BOTH parties. It's in everyone lives. It's something we ALL have to deal with on some level.
It doesn't mean we can shut up everyone we disagree with by calling them racist. It's a bad tone to set for the discussion and it's embarrassing to see a former President crawl around in such a low level of discourse.[/QUOTE]
When he has an argument, and not say something that is clearly wrong (there is a clause in the bill Obama was discussing that specifically precludes illegals).

I don't agree with calling someone racist. It distracts from the point and allows for this kind of mindless debate (I know him, he's not a racist! How dare you sir!!!). What he did was certainly against decorum.

It doesn't mean we can shut up everyone we disagree with by calling them racist. It's a bad tone to set for the discussion and it's embarrassing to see a former President crawl around in such a low level of discourse.[/QUOTE]

Really Carter? on a low level of discourse?

Was he shouting at the Congress man, was he calling him names?

He made a statement about racism still being a factor in politics. And that racism likely colored his lack of respect for the President of the United States.

Dave

Staff member
But was totally unfounded as a racist remark. Where Carter got this is beyond me. He needs to stay in the Middle East where he can do some good.

But was totally unfounded as a racist remark. Where Carter got this is beyond me. He needs to stay in the Middle East where he can do some good.
Maybe he can give away Guam why he's overthere.

Man should stick with building houses.

A

Armadillo

Guess what? Disagree with Obama's policies?

You are probably a racist! http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/09/15/carter.obama/index.html?section=cnn_latest
Thanks Jimmy Carter! What would we have done without your wisdom to guide us!
Actually he's pretty much on the money.[/QUOTE]

No. No, he's not.

He's not saying that racism exists, he's saying it's the major factor in opposition to Obama, which is just stupid. It paints all of us who are against Obama's ideas and agenda as racists, which only serves to inflame sentiment on both sides. I guess it's not enough to have the entirety of power in D.C., you have to completely denigrate the opposition with baseless accusations.

It ain't just Carter, either. Maureen Dowd wrote that what she heard Wilson yell was, "you lie, BOY." Never mind that she admits he didn't say that, he's still a racist. Rep. Hank Johnson, D-GA, said "Wilson 'kind of winked at that element' of society that has shown disrespect to Obama because of his race. He said it’s OK.”

“We will probably have folks putting on white hoods and white uniforms again, riding through the countryside intimidating people. That’s the logical conclusion if this kind of attitude is not rebuked.”

I mean, that's just nuts. It shows how intellectually bankrupt these people are that they can't argue for their IDEAS, but that they automatically pull the race card. It's cheap, dirty, and makes people wary of listening to those who've truly experienced racism. No good can come from this.

It shows how intellectually bankrupt these people are that they can't argue for their IDEAS, but that they automatically pull the race card.
This is the entire strategy of the ''win at any cost'' democrat party. It has been this way since the very beginning of liberalism and will continue to remain their ''go to'' strategy when faced with irate citizens, outraged representatives, senators and congressmen alike. It's virtually all they know.

Here is some more Carter ''wisdom.''

Carter made similar remarks at an event at his presidential center in Atlanta, Georgia, The Associated Press reported Tuesday, pointing to some protesters who have compared Obama to a Nazi. "Those kind of things are not just casual outcomes of a sincere debate on whether we should have a national program on health care," the former president said at the Carter Center, according to AP. "It's deeper than that."

So when you call Obama a Nazi, it's racism. When you call George Bush a Nazi, well, that is okay, because he is ''the enemy.''

A lot of the opposition to him does center on race. Just go and thumb through all the conspiracy theories that whirled around him during the campaign last year. Birth place, secret Muslim, does not have a US passport, is bringing hundreds of thousands of Palestinians over, received financial aid as a student from Indonesia, went to a revolutionary fundamentalist Muslim school, belonged to the Black Panthers, America Hater... the list goes on. Most of the crap leveled at him deals with either him being black or Muslim or both.

Wilson also sat through nearly every Bush speech and never once screamed "YOU LIE!"

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

Wilson isn't racist, he's just an Asshole.
How many racists have you met that weren't assholes?

L

Le Quack

Guy grew up in another time, and doesn't recognize the changes that have happened.

Still my favorite president ever.

L

Le Quack

He was a truly uncorrupt politician that stuck by his values of pacificism.

R

rabbitgod

He did sign the "Hombebrew" Act of 1978 (in 1979). He can't be all that bad if he's supporting my bathtub hooch addiction.

A

Armadillo

He did sign the "Hombebrew" Act of 1978 (in 1979). He can't be all that bad if he's supporting my bathtub hooch addiction.
Well, nobody's ALL bad. I've had some damn fine brews thanks to Carter, then.

I

Iaculus

So when you call Obama a Nazi, it's racism. When you call George Bush a Nazi, well, that is okay, because he is ''the enemy.''
Did Carter say that?

Oh, and congrats on the single most ridiculous generalisation in this thread. When did John Locke pull the race card?

I

Iaculus

Did Carter say that?

Oh, and congrats on the single most ridiculous generalisation in this thread. When did John Locke pull the race card?[/QUOTE]

The dude from LOST!??![/QUOTE]

Well, I kind of meant the 17th-century philosopher and oft-proclaimed founder of liberalism... but did the guy from Lost play the race card either? Never watched that show.

Status
Not open for further replies.