Carl’s Jr. Testing a “Footlong Cheeseburger”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carl’s Jr. Testing a “Footlong Cheeseburger” | FOODBEAST - Because we're hungry.

Carl’s Jr. simply couldn’t sit still too long while KFC hopped into the sandwich game with their Double Down from days ago. It looks like they’re trying to make some waves with this new “Footlong Cheeseburger” they’re testing out at one of my local Santa Ana, CA, locations. The sandwich comes along with some chuckles, to say the least. It sells for $4 (the plain cheeseburger), and the deluxe is set at $4.50 (comes with all the fixings, lettuce, tomatoes, onions). The combo meals are set at $6.50 for the cheeseburger version and $7.00 for the deluxe footlong.

The 12-inch burger is wrapped like a sandwich, and sticks out of most of the to-go bags offered up at the location, so it was definitely an interesting sight. I’m not sure how well the burger will fair, it’s basically just a few patties and ingredients mimicking a sub sandwich, which may end up not helping its overall appeal. The dough on the bread seems a little off, but the execution of the entire sandwich still remains interesting and I’m intrigued to say the least. As for the patty, it actually consists of smaller individual patties, instead of one larger piece (which may have earned it some more “craziness points“). Maybe they will make some modifications if they decide to roll this burger out nationally. Until then, what do you guys think of the pictures, or if you’ve tried it yourself, please share your thoughts with us!

Man I wish the Carl's Jr by me was doing this cause I would love to try it just to say I did

Cajungal

Staff member
We sold something like this at one of my jobs at a pizza and deli place. We called it a hamburger poboy, though. If two people split one of those and a side of chips it was way cheaper (and tastier IMO) than ordering 2 burgers.

J

Jiarn

Not available at the Carl's Jr. near me. Oh well, looked tasty. Like a burger sub.

figmentPez

Staff member
Does the long cheeseburger remind anyone else of the superhero burger that McDonald's had to tie in with Batman Forever back in 1995?

There was a deli nearby, Larry's Subs, that had a cheeseburger sub very similar to what is shown there. I had it on several occasions and it was good. They closed down last year, though.

J

Jiarn

There was a deli nearby, Larry's Subs, that had a cheeseburger sub very similar to what is shown there. I had it on several occasions and it was good. They closed down last year, though.
Too many lawsuits from heart attack victims?

C

Chazwozel

We sold something like this at one of my jobs at a pizza and deli place. We called it a hamburger poboy, though. If two people split one of those and a side of chips it was way cheaper (and tastier IMO) than ordering 2 burgers.

Yeah, here they're called cheeseburger hoagies. It's really not a new concept to throw a cheeseburger into a sub. Come to Philadelphia, every mom and pop, hole-in-the-wall joint has these here.

GasBandit

Staff member

Yeah, here they're called cheeseburger hoagies. It's really not a new concept to throw a cheeseburger into a sub. Come to Philadelphia, every mom and pop, hole-in-the-wall joint has these here.[/QUOTE]

Kinda like it's impossible to find a sit down eating establishment in Texas that DOESN'T serve Chicken Fried Steak.

What really makes the picture is the slender clientele eating there. Also, now I want to know what deep fried butter is like, just because.

GasBandit

Staff member
Well, also look at it this way, if you weigh over 350, you'll probably get enough excercise to lose weight just having to waddle your fat ass down to the cafe (where there's only standing room, too)

Waddling from the Heart Attack Grill in Arizona to the Heart Attack Cafe in...wherever that is...would be a goodly amount of exercise indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.