[PC Game] Captain Poe wants YOU to rule the skies (Guns of Icarus Online)

Shit, LVL 4 you start playing with the big boys.

It ain't pretty.

There should be tiers. 1-4 5-9 10+

I've seen ships blow up within 3 seconds.

How bad are PUGs in this game. I hate them so very, very much.
Depends. I'm captaining, which really just means all I require of pugs is for them to fire when I yell fire, and for the engineer to keep us afloat. For the most part, the community for this game has been pretty nice, outside of a few trolls.

Really, the only way a pug can fuck you over is if they are a pug CAPTAIN. It takes an ounce of intelligence to fly the ship and most players can't do it.

Really, the only way a pug can fuck you over is if they are a pug CAPTAIN. It takes an ounce of intelligence to fly the ship and most players can't do it.
Pfft, if I can do it anyone can.

Also, to those grinding levels to get out of novicehood, I just discovered you don't actually have to. When you're searching for matches, just uncheck the novice box, and you can play in regular matches with full ship customization. The limits to ships and layout are based on the match type, not your player level.

GasBandit

Staff member
The folks I pugged with weren't a crack crew, sure, but they learned fast and we did reasonably well. I pity one of the other ships in the match, they got a bastard in their crew who wanted to be pilot and refused to change classes even though that ship already had a pilot/captain.

Also, I dunno why everybody thinks the captain has to be a pilot and the pilot has to be the captain. I captained a ship as an engineer once by accident and it went fine. I guess maybe it's because the pilots are the ones who need the captian chat channel most I suppose.

Also, I dunno why everybody thinks the captain has to be a pilot and the pilot has to be the captain. I captained a ship as an engineer once by accident and it went fine. I guess maybe it's because the pilots are the ones who need the captian chat channel most I suppose.
Mostly because the ships are sluggish, so relaying maneuvers is faster if the captain is also the one doing them.

GasBandit

Staff member
Heh, after Raven and Ash had to leave today, after a string of defeats, the very next match me and that Tabul pug we picked up won a 500-nothing shutout on labyrinth KOTH. I had switched back to a goldfish, and I'd say easily 50+% of the damage dealt that game was via ramming. Boy am I glad I took the "brace for impact" special on my pilot.