[Webcomic] CAD over?

Status
Not open for further replies.
its interesting if it he really does end it like this. There seems to be little resolution, from a reader's perspective, IMHO.

Zappit

Staff member
You think Buckley wouldn't actually do a gotcha moment? This is literally all he has for a career. He'll keep going until he can't anymore.

So to start off by answering the BIG question hanging in the air... yes, this is really the end.

Sort of.

To be a little more specific, this is the end of Ctrl+Alt+Del in its current incarnation. What's that mean? It means it's time for a good ol' fashioned "Hollywood reboot".
This is a decision I came to over two years ago, and have been working and planning towards since. As you might imagine, it is not a decision I made lightly, and in the following blogpost I'll try and walk you through the many different factors that contributed to it, as well as where I see things going from here, and why.

Whelp, so much for that. There's more on the main page of the site, but yeah, it's a reboot.

Not done yet. One guy is wacky, and the other one is worn down by wacky guy's antics.
Wait, wait, wait - this could be a whole new style of comedy! This double act could consist of a, hmmm... let's call him a stooge, and he plays off of a normal everyman - let's refer to him as a straight man!

This is fantastic stuff! I can't see how it could possibly get better!

Apparently the reboot will include more focus on video gaming culture and the Player characters (Player 1, 2, etc). The characters we know and "love" will be in there somewhere, too.

Apparently the reboot will include more focus on video gaming culture and the Player characters (Player 1, 2, etc). The characters we know and "love" will be in there somewhere, too.
Sounds like it'll be more one-off video game jokes, which is when CAD has always been it's best, but doesn't seem like enough of a change to call a reboot.

His Mary Sue main character is both the savior and destroyer of all time.

Why anyone is shocked that Buckley would write himself as such is beyond me.

I always thought those were nearly the same things until I looked it up just now.[DOUBLEPOST=1353696654][/DOUBLEPOST]Best comic ever produced that has anything to do with CAD.

It is nice to read Tim sort-of, kind-of admit to not having any clue what he was doing with his writing. I haven't bothered keeping up with his antics in the last couple years so for all I know he's starting to actually mature. I'm willing to give the new incarnation a chance before writing it off as "lol BUckley."

Edit: Okay, just got up to the part of the blog about the Players becoming the new main characters. Never mind.

Of course Kurtz is jumping on this, anything to make himself look like the better web-cartoonist( no contempt for his characters my ass). For fucks sake, its not even that he's stopping CAD but he's stopping it in a way-WHERE THE MAIN CHARACTER SACRIFICES HIMSELF! Couldn't it have a damn happy ending? Sweet strawberry Jesus this is depressing! This is like in Dragonball Z where it was supposed to end after the Cell saga when Goku died, or how Sherlocke Holmes was supposed to end when he fell into the water fall! Its just a bad ending, and it just pisses off the fan base.

Status
Not open for further replies.