broke up

doomdragon6

Staff member
Broke up with my girlfriend of one year. Beats the 3-month but certainly not as long as the 4.5 year gf.

I need you old people to tell me that it's okay to be single and uncertain about life at 29 and that it's still possible to find exciting, rewarding, mutual love as you get older.

I just keep running Louis CK's statement in my head: No happy marriage ever ended in divorce.

Helps me remember that you break up with someone for a reason. Could I have made it work? Yes.. But I didn't want to. And that's the problem. So I made sure I didn't drag it out like I did a few years ago.

Hasn't fully hit me yet and I just need to vent and convince myself that I made the right decision.

Also haven't told any friends yet. It doesn't feel.... helpful right now.

I need you old people to tell me that it's okay to be single and uncertain about life at 29 and that it's still possible to find exciting, rewarding, mutual love as you get older.
I didn't get married until 37, and I can't see myself marrying (and staying married to) anyone else.

--Patrick

Found the current (and all signs point to she being the best one) girlfriend at 36 after being single for around five years (and it had been another five years between that ex and the previous ex).

So yes, to quote you: it's okay to be single and uncertain about life at 29 and it's still possible to find exciting, rewarding, mutual love as you get older.

Because you're still a kid, damn you. :p

I've been married 3 times. Probably not the best person to give relationship advice.

That said, I got together with my previous wife in my mid 20's, and my current wife at like 38.

Life goes on, ya know.

Found the current (and all signs point to she being the best one) girlfriend at 36 after being single for around five years (and it had been another five years between that ex and the previous ex).

So yes, to quote you: it's okay to be single and uncertain about life at 29 and it's still possible to find exciting, rewarding, mutual love as you get older.

Because you're still a kid, damn you. :p
Yup, this shit right here. I spent 7 years single before I met my wife Erin. We've been happily married 10 years now. Sometimes you need to know you before you can accept someone else as part of you.

Hey Doom! Good to see you!

To reiterate what's been said, 29 isn't too old to find love at all, nor is it too old to be figuring out your life. I was still trying to figure my shit out at 29. I was in the army at the time, doing my national service. After I got out, I got my first real full-time job, which gave me the financial foundation to get married at age 32.

doomdragon6

Staff member
Been 2 months.. I got better.. Then got worse. Today's particularly rough.

I don't really know how to deal with all the emotions I feel about things, and all I do is go in circles, and other people can't really help.

This is just a vent post. Feel free to ignore. Thanks for bein' here, guys~

Man, I joined this forum like 11 years ago.

Been 2 months.. I got better.. Then got worse. Today's particularly rough.

I don't really know how to deal with all the emotions I feel about things, and all I do is go in circles, and other people can't really help.

This is just a vent post. Feel free to ignore. Thanks for bein' here, guys~

Man, I joined this forum like 11 years ago.
Don't worry doom, we will always be here to support you and be your sounding board and to remind you how much we care.

doomsucks.jpg