[News] Brexit

"So we're all agreed; immigrants working in or for the UK government don't pay taxes anywhere, while Brits working abroad will pay both at home and abroad, yes? We are very happy with this arrangement."
- "British" negotiator, presumably.

The people want to leave, but there's no political will. It's happened before, and it will be resolved slowly over time.

There's no politician with the guts to actually do it. There's no politician who can see a positive endgame. Even local Trumplikes are trying to get out from under it? Johnson, Farage - even they don't dare do it. Be in the history books, sure, but with this? No thanks.

The people want to leave, but there's no political will. It's happened before, and it will be resolved slowly over time.
Honestly, I kind of wonder what would happen if they did another referendum right now. I'm not saying they should (defeats the point if you keep having do-over votes until the "right" decision is made) but I feel like the negative backlash has been so sudden and powerful that it would change a lot of peoples' minds as well as get more people to actually go out and vote.

Yeah, but Dave's line is saying that our herd mentality makes us dumber. That a group of us is less than the sum of its parts.

Cajungal

Staff member
I'm coming in here late just to say this:

I was landing in London as the vote was being announced. The pilot very sadly told us the results as we were approaching the gate. What a time to be there! I really enjoyed listening to the people there talk about it.

I'm coming in here late just to say this:

I was landing in London as the vote was being announced. The pilot very sadly told us the results as we were approaching the gate. What a time to be there! I really enjoyed listening to the people there talk about it.
"Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. The votes have just been tallied, and it turns out Britain has voted "leave". As a result, we'll be respecting their wishes by turning this plane right back around and going away immediately."

And the Pig-Fucker has announced that his time is up, and he'll be replaced by Darth May by this thursday.

Which only goes to show how far you can succeed in life and politics if your only competition would lose an IQ competition with a brick wall.

And the Pig-Fucker has announced that his time is up, and he'll be replaced by Darth May by this thursday.

Which only goes to show how far you can succeed in life and politics if your only competition would lose an IQ competition with a brick wall.
Can I use "Darth May" for a politician in Canada? It's just so awesome.

Boris Johnson is Foreign Secretary.

BORIS. JOHNSON. I am not so much as annoyed as ABSOLUTELY FUCKING LIVID.

Won a referendum he had no plan on winning in a bid to win a political victory against an old schoolboy rival for a position he was in no fit to hold, and was absolutely clueless about how to proceed when he DID win, spent the weekend playing fucking cricket instead of figuring out a plan, got outmaneuvered by Michael fucking Gove, and now that smug cock-juggling thundercunt gets to be FOREIGN FUCKING SECRETARY?!

FUCKING CHRIST.

and now everytime something involving any other country comes up, I have to look at the smug face of a bag of human arse-fat shaped like a human potato.

fuck everything about this.

And then there's your new Environment Secretary.

Anti-global warming and selling off of government forested lands for development.
It gets worse.

The government has axed the Department of Energy and Climate Change (Decc) in a major departmental shake-up.
The brief will be folded into an expanded Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy under Greg Clark.
Jeremy "rhymes with" Hunt is still Health secretary.

only bright spots are Michael gove, Nicky Morgan and John Whittingdale being sacked. Everything else is misery toast :(

Dave

Staff member
Oh yeah. The new administration is also coal and fracking friendly. Because FUCK the Earth, yo!

Oh yeah. The new administration is also coal and fracking friendly. Because FUCK the Earth, yo!
They have control of less than 1/2,000 of the world's surface, so they could burn everything on and under it and still not affect the world very much. They are a mere blip compared to the US.

They have control of less than 1/2,000 of the world's surface, so they could burn everything on and under it and still not affect the world very much. They are a mere blip compared to the US.
You're just asking for England to go all colonial again with them words.

THE SUN WILL NEVER SET!

You're just asking for England to go all colonial again with them words.
THE SUN WILL NEVER SET!
They'll have to.
They'll need that much solar surface area to make up for what they lose once the resources run out.
(yes I know total area would actually be much smaller than that...but that's only assuming they have enough storage capacity)

--Patrick